Return edge for approval, which parts have to have it?

Hey everyone,

I couldn't find a definate answer searching through the forums.

I was just courious what parts of the armor have to have a return edge on them for 501st approval?

For example....do you have to have one on the top part of the thigh? what about the back "o II" plate?

The costume requirements on 501st don't mention return edges for approval.

I am not going for EIB or Centurion, just basic approval.

If there is already a thread about this, please point me in the right direction

Thanks

It's really a comfort issue. the only parts that aren't supposed to have it are wrist and ankle. As far as I know, you can trim the other edges to make it comfortable for you. Mine doesn't have edges on the thigh tops since I had to trim them down.

return edges are mentionned where they cannot be.  wrist part of forearms.  most of them are trimmed off to fit the limb.  kidney and back plate are trimmed to be as flush as possible.

Andrew I could be wrong on this but I remember reading that there is no requirement on return edges.  The only requirement is in the higher levels when you are required to not have a return edge on the wrist end of the forearm.

I believe the thought behind a return edge is to make your armor look thicker in appearance.  It also comes down to how you are strapping your armor.  If you are using the bracket system then you will need return edges on your back, chest, kidney, ab, and butt pieces.