Just Saw: Episode VII Stormtrooper Armor (First Look)

Hey Eric Thanks!  It would be cool if there were some ranks with Stormtroopers.  Also I wonder what the deal is with the inside of the left forearm.  Does that do "something" or is it just for looks...

zXQdqrL.jpg

Celebration Anaheim, The Force Awakens Convention Program

Edited by gmrhodes13
photo updated gmrhodes13 2021

Cool, somehow it looks bulkier than the originals, like an extended universe heavy/armored trooper from the Jedi Knight video games or something. 

Seems like he's got some sort of weapon thing to the inside of his armguards.
I'm looking forward to seeing someone build this type of trooper, though. (Those knee protectors look like they will be a pain in the.. "sarlacc pit" to fasten.)

What's curious though, is that this is somewhat, and rather oddly, resembling a CG render or something, the pose looks really awkward when not in context to anything.

That scope looks impractical. I know it's future tech. But assuming the new helmet has a HUD system, there's no need for a scope. And in that helmet, can you imagine seeing a Trooper (although vision seems to be opened up compared to the original) concentrating and looking through the scope just seems stupid.

That scope looks impractical. I know it's future tech. But assuming the new helmet has a HUD system, there's no need for a scope. And in that helmet, can you imagine seeing a Trooper (although vision seems to be opened up compared to the original) concentrating and looking through the scope just seems stupid.

It doesn't have to be a scope. It could be a sort of aimpoint hooked-up to the in-helmet HUD, for example.

I'm making this up, of course, but in sci-fi you can find all sorts of explanations for seemingly illogical stuff. :)