AVONOS, yay or nay?

revboy

Id be concerned that it may turn out like Rubies Supreme Edition costumes. But for the pre order pricing it will be hard to beat. If i had the extra cash laying around i would definitely pull the trigger though!

The price nearly doubles after May the 4th and more after that.  Even if it's not great, you are almost guaranteed to be able to flip it and get your money back and probably more.  Even junk like Rubies and EFX buckets still sell for a decent chunk of change to the general public.  This is a great price, if it turns out well, then major score, otherwise, it should be a quick and easy way to get rid of it or profit even from the deal.

They have put out a bunch of Trek stuff which for the most part has gotten positive reviews.

Edited by PanzerKraken

• 3 weeks later...

A friend of mine went to the Anaheim celebration and referred them to me. He's constructed 2 sets of armor, and he felt these were the best 'company-made' sets he's ever seen. With his blessing, I pulled the trigger on two sets (one for me, one for my son). I'm hoping they arrive before Eps VII is released :)

-shnar

Looking at the pictures that they have provided for the pre-sale page on their site, I fully believe that the kits will be up to the challenge of meeting 501st Legion standards.  ANOVOS is run/owned/was started by two former members after all, they know what sort of standards their costumes are up against when it comes to the Legion.

During trade shows within the last year to fifteen months or so, they have had TKs and other Star Wars costumes on display.  Truth is that none of those were their own products.  They borrowed costumes from local Legion members where the shows took place.  

Their website however does indeed have pictures of their actual prototype in the sale/pre-order page.  This is why I believe that the kit will likely be good for Legion base level approval without much work.  Naturally, there is some risk involved, but early indications are that they'll be good, quality kits.

• Like 1

post-23536-143112661134_thumb.jpg would anyone out there pull the trigger on this if I said it's $200 at the bids right now? I know people say stay away from eBay but $200 doesn't seem bad. I'll turn this down if it's not worth any kind of amount I'm just new to this and have no idea? Thanks guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1431126608.476993.jpg would anyone out there pull the trigger on this if I said it's $200 at the bids right now? I know people say stay away from eBay but $200 doesn't seem bad. I'll turn this down if it's not worth any kind of amount I'm just new to this and have no idea? Thanks guys!

No. Not even worth $200.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I ordered my kit from Anovos and I know not any kit is approved by the 501st. It's how you cut, trim and make fit that Armor to your body that get approved. As long as the armor isn't Rubies ;) so anyways. It does suck that they said it won't ship till this winter. The first day of winter being December 21st. Just a few days after the 18. I was hoping to at least have me bucket for the movie. There's still hope. Or at least I have my finger crossed.