Wore my armour for the first time...suggestions?

Hey folks!

I've been reading and learning a lot on this forums for the last 9 months. But I never got the time to do a WIP about my AM-built. Meeting DDay on Luxcon and finally be able to talk to someone in person about the issues that troubled me (Derrek, thanks again!!) I decided to work on my armour a bit harder than before  :)

During the last two weeks the AM got finally "wearable", altough not everything is finished yet (e.g. the belt, the knee ammo-pack, th elastics on the shoulder bells, ...).

But nevertheless, today I decided to put on everything I got so far and take some pictures. It would be great if some fellow TK's could have a look on it and give a direction what could be done better.

What I think after having a look at the pictures:

- the Shoulder-Bells need to move a little closer up the shoulder

- The right shoulder strap needs to be re-glued on.

- The elastics between Kidney and Upper-Back need to be longer. You see them popping out after the snaps unfastened.

- The Cod-Piece and the butt have to be connected in order to bring both closer to the body

- Are the AB-Buttons to small??

- The obvious problem with shoes and shins has to be solved ;)

That was my impression. I'm far away from beeing a pro, this my first built ever!

Any help would be greatly appreciated :jc_doublethumbup:

Ben

Oh, the helmet...I know the eyes have to be bigger, gonna cut them out properly next weekend

SAM_0526_zps7y39bqlf.jpg

SAM_0527_zpsdl2c2rwp.jpg

SAM_0530_zpsmefr4fpj.jpg

Edited by BenFriday77

Hi Benjamin,

additionally to what you've stated above, I would suggest the following:

- ears should not overlap the rubber trim

- maybe you can also trim the ears to become a bit thinner

- you will need a neckseal, 2 drop boxes at the belt, O2 canister at the back (aka thermal detonator) and possibly a holster

- shoulder straps placement doesn't look identical on both sides (at the front view picture)

- can you attach the hand guards directly to the glove without using the straps there?

- make abb buttons bigger (just add paint to the outer raises)

- cover stripes on both forearms and biceps are a few mm too long

- tighten the strapping to bring all armor parts closer to the body

- add a strap between the cod piece and the butt plate

- try to reduce the overlap from the upper back plate to the kidney plate

- return edges on the sniper knee plate looks a bit thick (just to me)

- for symetry you should copy the cut outs from the rear of your left knee to the right leg, too

Okay, that sounds like demoralizing criticism, but I'm just trying to help by answering your questions.

The armor parts are looking good and you can improve the appearance of your whole trooper a lot and make it even better. :jc_doublethumbup:

Sorry again, if my reply discouraged you. It wasn't meant to do so.

Edited by T-Jay

Nothing bad happened, no problem! I'm glad a few things get Pointed out. A few I knew myself (but didnt state above): Handplates are going to be replaced by latex ones, so this isn't permanent. All things for the complete belt (except for the Holster) are lying beside me, I just have to not be lazy and do it :D. The Cut outs in the knees are already done. After wearing the armour I realized something was wrong...

As for the Others points, I'll have a Look at it over the week :) Thanks again!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Glad if it helped a bit, Ben :duim:

Don't hesitate to ask additional questions. The FISD is always willing to help and no matter what time zone you live in, there are always people online here...

• 4 months later...

Things I see. That are as a novice talking to a novice:

The gap from the abbs to the kidney on your side needs to be elliminated. I think minimal gap is the last I heard, and I interpret that to mean no gap but if it flexes ok. 

Your abb bottons look like you trimmed all te edge off. I can't pull a reference but I believe there should be 3-5 mm all the way around the box.

On your butt. the lower corner on the front edges tha corner should be trimmed t be a continuation of the angle.

Where the chest meets the back at the shouldes I've read te plastic pieces don't meet and here should be an 80mm gap hat is covered nly by the shoulde straps. Only reference I have on that is ukswrath's build page.

Why would you cut the eyes? I haven't heard that one yet.

Edited by SeanTX
  • Like 1