Anovos TK armor preorder

Wow....this Anovos stuff is really getting out of hand now. Yes, real events that are happening are horrible, but these really aren't the forums to be talking about that. I can understand that people are excited for their new armor, and are excited to see what will or will not be accepted in to the 501st. But like any armor out there, none are 501st ready, and if a part or two has to be replaced, no big deal really. If that ruins the experience for some people, well, I guess it does then. Then it really doesn't mean it's for the sick children and the community and the charity work like some are saying...

Take a few over excited guys with too much free time.

Pour insane expectations.

Add a bit of uncertainety.

Leave it to rest for a few months.

You get this!!!

• Like 1

Big Brown Boxes.

Marshmallow Fluff.

Fluffy Bunnies.

Cute Puppies.

Rainbows.

Happy Little Trees.

There you go...   Back to our regularly scheduled tomfoolery!  ;)

• Like 2

Locked for a while until people stop posting irrelevant nonsense and fighting over... well I don't know what everyone is fighting over but there are a lot of strong opinions happening.

Lighten up everyone. Plastic spacemen. We are plastic spacemen. There is nothing at stake here. 

-Eric

CWFBSORNTACP_variant01_zpspjk67ezo.jpg

• Like 9

Ok... I'm unlocking this thread. 

Is it possible to keep it open without huge amounts of nitpicking negativity with a side of repeated and redundant wild speculation? I hope so.

-Eric

• Like 2

Ok... I'm unlocking this thread.

Is it possible to keep it open without huge amounts of nitpicking negativity with a side of repeated and redundant wild speculation? I hope so.

-Eric

Are you saying we are taking this plastic spaceman thing too seriously?!?

Thanks for unlocking the thread! I hope it won't be long until we have something real to talk about...

Well if ANOVOS holds true to their reported shipping dates, it should be sometime within the next month that we finally see the controversial hardware.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Over / under date for actual delivery of the first batch of Anovos TK armor?

I'm guessing February 1 may be optimistic.  ( given their recent history with the Vader )

• Like 1

Well if ANOVOS holds true to their reported shipping dates, it should be sometime within the next month that we finally see the controversial hardware.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

All communications have it shipping sometime in December. We shall see if it holds true.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

If it is true that Anovos is using a Chinese manufacturer to fabricate the armor for them, then it'll be inevitable that there will be an influx of knock offs on eBay and other online websites.  Sooner or later, someone over there will copy the molds and start making their own armor kits to sell 

Hence, you'll find so many knockoffs in China and Vietnam being sold on the streets and trickling in online.  Because, for example, those designer bag companies are buying supplies and/or having some of the manufacturing done in those countries.  And, their employees are stealing them (without the proper labels) or just manufacturing the bags themselves since they have the know-how.

Edited by hon143

I was told I should ask anovos to send my kit untrimmed. Which I did and they said thats how they come. They also said a sheet of abs will be included!. So question. Does anyone kniw where the ask them for untrimmed cane from? Fellow 501 said it was on thr anovos topic and im like which one!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Starting to look forward to ship dates now. The images clearly showed production is well underway so it can't be to long now.

Speaking of which can someone magic me some more time to finish my E-11 build?

Starting to look forward to ship dates now. The images clearly showed production is well underway so it can't be to long now.

Speaking of which can someone magic me some more time to finish my E-11 build?

Given LFL/Disney's latest "request" for troopers in the 501st, you'll have plenty of time to build your E-11. Take your time, do it right.

• Like 2

Given LFL/Disney's latest "request" for troopers in the 501st, you'll have plenty of time to build your E-11. Take your time, do it right.

I've clearly missed something? Been a bit busy, any chance of a link to what the request was?

I've clearly missed something? Been a bit busy, any chance of a link to what the request was?

They are requesting that "until further notice" don't bring blasters or other gun-like weapons to any troops, even if the event holder says it's ok.

Which would be fine, if it were limited to theater appearances, but they're saying blasters are off-limits at any troops.  There are several news articles out there now saying "banned" but that's not really the case.  Yet.

http://furiousfanboys.com/2015/11/lucasfilm-temporarily-disarms-the-501st-legion/

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/24/report-lucasfilm-bans-blasters-for-stormtrooper-cosplayer-clubs-attending-star-wars-the-force-awakens-screenings

I'll throw out the email that was sent to the 501st Legion Event Coordinator:

Hi again everyone,

I wanted to send an update to the below request regarding display of prop weapons at the premieres.

After further consideration, Disney and Lucasfilm are respectfully requesting that all appearances worldwide, regardless of region, refrain from displaying any prop that resembles a gun at all events (including non-theatrical ones) until further notice.

We hope that you can understand our position given recent events and want to thank you once again for your support and dedication to Star Wars and all the goodwill you continue to spread throughout your communities.

Pete Vilmur

Senior Writer & Fan Relations

Lucasfilm

The powers-that-be at the 501s Legion level are talking to the powers-that-be at the Disney/LFL level, hoping something will get worked out... more details, firm dates, etc.

Don't panic, but take your time building your blaster. (:

• Like 1

Start building your stun batons and riot shields, FOs! The rest of us will have to resort to throwing punches and thermals! (kidding... kind of). Less facetiously, I wonder if OTs could work out a way to be "allowed" to have ultra-dummy blaster rear-ends to stick in our holsters or something, if just to keep them from flapping around lol. Also, will DTD not sell their white and orange-tipped toy E11s (or other blasters, or FrontierLand rifle/revolver toys) for the first few days, or do they "not resemble guns" enough to be okay? (Not trying to be a wise guy or get around anything, just pondering the parameters of their request.) On Topic: I noticed in a mirror-filled pic I saw of a room full of supposed Fluffy Bunnies buckets, they had thick (undertrimmed) ears and also didn't have liners (likely DIY kits). I still wish they'd just show us an example of what we bought, but at this rate it might end up being the best surprise ever if they're made with enough care. P.S. it started raining just as I read Eric unlocked it :P

On Topic: I noticed in a mirror-filled pic I saw of a room full of supposed Fluffy Bunnies buckets, they had thick (undertrimmed) ears and also didn't have liners (likely DIY kits). I still wish they'd just show us an example of what we bought, but at this rate it might end up being the best surprise ever if they're made with enough care. P.S. it started raining just as I read Eric unlocked it :P

Still the biggest unknown this one. I want to know if I'll be using the bucket as is, repainting or even replacing (either fluffy bunny kit I build or someone else).

I honestly wish the helmet came un-assembled as it's something I was looking forward to but oh well.

Still the biggest unknown this one. I want to know if I'll be using the bucket as is, repainting or even replacing (either fluffy bunny kit I build or someone else).

I honestly wish the helmet came un-assembled as it's something I was looking forward to but oh well.

You can request to get your bucket un-assembled if I'm not mistaken. I've read that on the RPF where one of the big fluffy bunnies still lurks from time to time... Shoot an email to support@anovos.com and they might be able to work something out for you... Edited by =Sv3=
  • Like 1

You can request to get your bucket un-assembled if I'm not mistaken. I've read that on the RPF where one of the big fluffy bunnies still lurks from time to time... Shoot an email to support@anovos.com and they might be able to work something out for you...

Excellent. Just shot them an email.

Wow....this Anovos stuff is really getting out of hand now. Yes, real events that are happening are horrible, but these really aren't the forums to be talking about that. I can understand that people are excited for their new armor, and are excited to see what will or will not be accepted in to the 501st. But like any armor out there, none are 501st ready, and if a part or two has to be replaced, no big deal really. If that ruins the experience for some people, well, I guess it does then. Then it really doesn't mean it's for the sick children and the community and the charity work like some are saying...

I think they go more hand in hand than that though. This is an extreme example but if a child with cancer wants Stormtroopers isn't it our duty to give them the highest level, best looking ones he or she can see? I can't imagine showing up in subpar armour to anything myself.

Not a comment on any armour in particular, nothing to add about Anovos that's for sure. As soon as Aloha and CMF tell everyone to calm down the subject is officially dead to me lol.

Onto why I actually commented, can I get in on an order with them someplace? I know it wouldn't be a preorder but do they have just a normal place I can order from someplace in the future? My wife wants to jump in as well and if I can save some money I wouldn't mind it. She doesn't care as much about accuracy

Edited by Knockerbot
  • Like 2

Anovos replied (very quickly I might add)

Hi Chris,

While we do offer the helmet as separate kit, we do not offer it as part of the actual Stormtrooper do-it-yourself body armor kit package.

Shame but understandable when you have so many to do. Making odd exceptions would be a nightmare.

Anovos replied (very quickly I might add)

Shame but understandable when you have so many to do. Making odd exceptions would be a nightmare.

I'm sorry I misled you, I'm pretty sure it was being considered at some point... Maybe you could buy a helmet kit and sell the completed one?

Edit : I found the post from Got Maul on theRPF. Kit helmet option was discussed but nothing ever came of it... Sorry

Edited by =Sv3=