Anovos TK armor preorder

Everyone's so concerned about the belt and TD... I feel that we have the ability to easily replace those or rebuild them. Ā Its the look of the actual armor that I am worried about. Ā I know i have the ability to make it "fit" real nice, but if the shape of the plastic is off and too flimsy to troop with then I start to feel sort of helpless in the matter. I know my TM kit will always be my number 1-- but I was hoping that they would both appear similar enough when standing next to eachother. Ā The pulls do look REAL sharp- Maybe it will look really slick when its all put together, but I always enjoyed the softer more "organic" design that the stormtroopers have.

Hi there.<br>

Been giving an eye to the pictures provided by AnOvOs on the last update and those on their web, special attention to the TD, the holster and the backplate. The clips on the TD on the prototype seems to be in good position, and I can't see any reason why ours shouldn't be assembled right. Couldn't be they have depicted just a preliminary one paying not too much attention to details?<br>

And the backplate on the update is much much sharper than the prototype (I know, I know... Subject to change) but that can also be an issue with the light and projected shadows. Does anybody see any significant difference between the last pictures and those of the prototype?<br><br>

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.anovos.com/collections/star-wars/products/star-wars-classic-trilogy-imperial-stormtrooper-pre-order'>http://www.anovos.com/collections/star-wars/products/star-wars-classic-trilogy-imperial-stormtrooper-pre-order</a>

Curro.Ā Ā  We have some original photos of the T det showing the position of the caps, in relation to the clip positions.Ā  This is why we're concerned.

Ā 

gallery_12157_51_33329.jpg

Ā 

ANOVOS

1a03888c-83be-4ea1-a23b-4a7daaaee048.jpg

Ā 

So far we'll just have to wait and see how she looks!

I see that. Thanks Vern. The TD on the prototype looks far more accurate than the last picture send from the China factory. What bothers me is that they could easily solve (or have solved) these giving the right instructions to the guys who assembled that or even letting us have it our way with the TD as a kit.<br>

Thanks again. Sooooo much to learn and soooo little time!

So I hit up ANOVOS with this question about the sharp pulls and potentially thin plastic:

Ā 

Can you comment on the thickness of the ABS plastic? Many of the 501st veterans are noticing that your pulls are unusuallyĀ "sharp" and a departure from film accuracy, suggesting that the ANOVOS plastic might be unusually thin. What's the story?

Ā 

They responded:

Ā 

We'll be sending further updates on this (and other questions)Ā as we get closer to shipping, as we understand that there's some mis-information out there (for whatever reason) and a few questions as to shipping, etc.

Ā 

Not very helpful, but it suggests further communication about this is coming soon.

Ā 

Bill

• Like 1

Moar fluffy bunnies on rainbows!

Ā 

This is the best time ever to be a Star Wars fan. Revel in it. Roll around in it. Get that uber-fan stink on you.

Ā 

If you feel you self getting negative or vehemently speculating on something you know nothing about... Walk away from the keyboard.... Put on your costume and go make someone smile.

Ā 

OR if you can't just get up and walk away how about you help someone build their stormtrooper armor? Because that, my dear troopers, is what FISD is for.

Ā 

Ok. Next (less boring) topic. What troops are you doing this weekend? Who is trooping or wrangling a battlefront release Monday? I am! am! I am! I am!

Ā 

-Eric

Ā 

Ā 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ā 

Did a Lego Con here in CA yesterday, pretty fun, a lot of smiling faces as usual.

• Like 2

I was on vacation this weekend and see that this thread has blown up since the bonus update. But one thing really interests me more than anything else said here.
Ā 

Ā 

Im a GML. Ā If the things ship like this, and the folks dont change the belt and TD at least its not getting approved. Ā There is no reason to relax the standards of the legion because there are a lot of these.

Ā 

So it is my understanding here that despite the fact that the TD's absolutely conform to the requirements for base approval for an ANH stunt trooper build, anyone who has purchased or will purchase the kit in VA will be automatically disqualified for approval outright without modifying the TD simply because it is an anovos kit? This seems to go against everything I've read on the forums. The rule of thumb here has always seemed to be that it doesn't matter who made the kit, as long as it is assembled correctly and meets crls it'll be approved, there are no guaranteed approvals or denials based on makers.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 3

I was on vacation this weekend and see that this thread has blown up since the bonus update. But one thing really interests me more than anything else said here.

Ā 

So it is my understanding here that despite the fact that the TD's absolutely conform to the requirements for base approval for an ANH stunt trooper build, anyone who has purchased or will purchase the kit in VA will be automatically disqualified for approval outright without modifying the TD simply because it is an anovos kit? This seems to go against everything I've read on the forums. The rule of thumb here has always seemed to be that it doesn't matter who made the kit, as long as it is assembled correctly and meets crls it'll be approved, there are no guaranteed approvals or denials based on makers.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

No, there is nothing wrong with that thermal detonator. It is perfectly fine for base approval and shouldn't ever stop anyone from trooping.Ā 

Ā 

The tone and content of this thread has gotten out of hand.Ā 

Ā 

-Eric

• Like 3

Did a Lego Con here in CA yesterday, pretty fun, a lot of smiling faces as usual.

Ā 

A Lego Con sounds really fun. That may be the one con I would actually pay to get into.

Ā 

I myself did not enjoy Legoland yesterday. I felt like a birthday party clown for a teeming mass of unruly monsters. But I did meet some new and old members for the first time and that was super fun.Ā 

Ā 

-Eric

• Like 1

No, there is nothing wrong with that thermal detonator. It is perfectly fine for base approval and shouldn't ever stop anyone from trooping.Ā 

Ā 

The tone and content of this thread has gotten out of hand.Ā 

Ā 

-Eric

Awesome. Like everyone who purchased this kit as a first set of armor, I did it because it was the only kit my girlfriend and I could afford as college students/young professionals with lots of other bills to pay. It's not that we bought it instead of a well known maker here on FISD, it's that we couldn't afford $2k+ for a pair of TK's, less than $1k however was easily doable. And like everyone else I'm excited to get my hands on my kit, but nervous about the quality/durability of an untested product. However it seems this thread really has become a bash fest by kids who are pissed that there will be more kids in the clubhouse soon and that somehow makes it less cool. I understand the reservations (as I have some myself) but seeing that attitude from garrison leadership and those in positions of authority is worrying to say the least. All that being said, I can't imagine a little modding here and there would be difficult, anyone with the skills to put together the kit correctly can easily trim down the TD or move the clips, which ever is more accurate, it's more the attitude that is an issue.

Ā 

Here's to hoping that the kits are nice and durable, and the 501st sees a big influx in passionate TKs who would otherwise not been able to troop without this opportunity.

• Like 4

Ā 

I understand the reservations (as I have some myself) but seeing that attitude from garrison leadership and those in positions of authority is worrying to say the least.Ā 

Here's to hoping that the kits are nice and durable, and the 501st sees a big influx in passionate TKs who would otherwise not been able to troop without this opportunity.

Ā 

Well... I guess I'm one of those people in authority... and I bought one. I'm excited and uncharacteristically optimistic about it.Ā 

Ā 

For a couple reasons...Ā 

Ā 

The first reason is, as you put it, the big influx of TKs because as I'm fond of saying my legion heart is made of white abs (behind Vader's chestbox these days.) Nothing says Star Wars than a metric butt-ton of TKs at a troop. That's what fans recognize. Why do you think scouts are forever being called stormtroopers and Tie pilots being called Vader? They are icons of the fandom. Take a look at all the Star Wars merch packaging. Who is featured?Ā 

Ā 

Does it look like some of the details are too sharp? Maybe. But who cares? I do not think fans will care or notice. Remember the fans? That's why we do this stupid hobby isn't it? Not for us. For the smiley kids of all ages.Ā 

Ā 

The other reason is that I enjoy building TKs. This kit won't fit me but once I build it maybe it will fit someone else.Ā 

Ā 

So everyone just relax. If you're going to get upset save it for the time you get your own fluffy white bunny on a rainbow armor. And even then... try to find the bright side in our dark sideness.Ā 

Ā 

-Eric

• Like 8

It is a bit sad and concerning to me that there is so much negativity from a few selected members here buzzing over of a handful of photos.

Ā 

I repeat what the previous member commented.

If you have the basic skills to assemble a kit you can make the basic mods to a piece here and there to pass approval if not attain higher levels of approval.

Ā 

Why not be a little patient and see what actually ships or at least till Anovos responds to the comments that they have received.

Ā 

There are a ton of potential new members getting bent out of shape over the reactionary comments of a few folks who seem to concern themselves overĀ 

details that may or may not even be a valid concern.

Ā 

It is likely that there will be things that need to be addressed or modded to meet approval, just like almost every kit that has ever been assembled ā€“ no difference.

• Like 4

It is a bit sad and concerning to me that there is so much negativity from a few selected members here buzzing over of a handful of photos.

Ā 

I repeat what the previous member commented.

If you have the basic skills to assemble a kit you can make the basic mods to a piece here and there to pass approval if not attain higher levels of approval.

Ā 

Why not be a little patient and see what actually ships or at least till Anovos responds to the comments that they have received.

Ā 

There are a ton of potential new members getting bent out of shape over the reactionary comments of a few folks who seem to concern themselves overĀ 

details that may or may not even be a valid concern.

Ā 

It is likely that there will be things that need to be addressed or modded to meet approval, just like almost every kit that has ever been assembled ā€“ no difference.

Ā 

^THIS

Ā 

-Eric

Ignore the loud and negative comments, many of them are money related or to protect their preferred pet/armor maker.

Ā 

Just keep cool until the kits are delivered, in hand tested, and we really know what we get.

Ā 

Loud-Noises.jpg

Ā 

Brick?Ā Do you really love the lamp, or are you just saying it because you saw it?

Ā 

-Eric

• Like 5

Ā Why do you think scouts are forever being called stormtroopers and Tie pilots being called Vader? They are icons of the fandom. Take a look at all the Star Wars merch packaging. Who is featured?Ā 

Ā 

Hey now! Us TIEs don't ALWAYS get called Vader. Sometimes we're "black stormtroopers"

• Like 5

Hey now! Us TIEs don't ALWAYS get called Vader. Sometimes we're "black stormtroopers"

And don't forget "Batman"Ā  ;).

Ā 

And just to be clear, I'm not negative about the kit. I honestly think it will be one of the best among TM and RS. But I'm highly antipathetic with the company.

Edited by The5thHorseman
  • Like 1

For me, as another of the people here who could be said to be one of those "people in authority" the key to this whole thing is "few selected members."

Ā 

Please, as Eric has said, and I have said, and so many others have said - here, in this thread - this TD should not be an issue for joining the Legion at all. Ā 

Ā 

The primary reason for the discussions up front about the higher levels of approval is not because we demand that everyone go for Centurion or nothing, rather much like a car salesman wants to show all of the options to a buyer, we want everyone who is considering building a TK to know what their options are before they start building (let me clarify that many of the improvements are far more easily built, than upgraded). Ā It is up to the individual builder how far they will go with their build. Ā 

Ā 

Now, as "people in authority" go, I'm the one guy, out of all of them who probably SHOULD be up here saying "Go for EIB and Centurion!!!" Ā That is after all, part of my responsibility as the FISD Ambassador. Ā However, the bottom line is that we're all Star Wars fans. Ā We are all fans of those beautifully shiny white armored Stormtroopers who burst into the hallways of the Tantive IV in 1977 without knowing those hallways led to our hearts. Ā (CHEESE!!!) Ā But at the end of the day, we're all here because of a love of Star Wars, and the desire to do good for other people through the sharing of that love. Ā 

Ā 

Yes, it is my responsibility to encourage every TK in the Legion to go for EIB (and Centurion), and I'd love to see everyone do it. Ā Why? Ā Because of the fans. Ā I personally take it seriously because I feel an obligation to Star Wars, to LFL, to the fans, and to my fellow troopers, to provide those fans with the best possible representation of a Stormtrooper that I possibly can (albeit perhaps one that is taller than they remember seeing). Ā I want them to see me and be amazed, and transported to that galaxy far, far away again. Ā It isn't about being better than anyone else, it's about being the best that I can be, for them.

Ā 

So, in closing (this particular post at least) be excited about your impending big brown box day. Ā Tell everyone about it, and how excited you are. Ā Take pictures of it - heck, I took pictures of the FedEx truck when it pulled up in front of the house. Ā If you want to see them, they're in my build thread which is linked in my signature below. Ā  :D Ā This is an exciting time to be a Star Wars fan, and a more exciting time to be joining the FISD and the Legion. Ā We're here to help. Ā Nothing that you'll need to do to make this kit approvable for membership is akin to building nuclear devices out of common household items. Ā With the help of the FISD, and (if available) your local members, there isn't anything that you cannot achieve when it comes to building these kits, and joining us in dressing like plastic spacemen and making people smile.

Ā 

If you need help, or have questions, don't hesitate to ask. Ā Troopers Helping Troopers!

• Like 15

I plan to go as the "screen accurate" version on the Tantive raid with ankles falling off and split wide open. Hey, it's screen accurate. It should be approved. Or how about wooden E-11s?<br><br>

That is what makes this whole argument laughable.<br><br>

The same thing happens on the light side. The Graflex Luke used in ESB had about four versions. Two red buttons, red button and glass eye, red button and a missing glass eye, or my favorite, the hand cutoff scene where Mark is holding a Vader stunt hilt not even a Graflex.<br><br>

It's sad when people argue over meaningless things while people in this world are dying from fanatics. (Paris)<br>

For those new to this hobby I recommend avoiding the politics and focusing on your base. Hopefully your base is not full of "those people". You've got to focus on the original intent and mission of either costuming group. The focus should remain on doing good in your community by bringing joy to those found in unfortunate circumstances. Visiting terminally ill children and watching their faces light up when you walk in is the real prize. Signing your training card and watching them get excited will bring a tear to your eye.<br><br>

There was even a small push years ago to combine Forces. The 501st and RL. One reason was to make the groups stronger and to save money as well as keep bases open. Some bases face closure do to their small. It's sad that some fought an idea that would have made sense just because they couldn't get along.<br><br>

In the real world some bases work together and combine their troops so "there's strength in numbers."<br><br>

Seven years ago I joined this hobby. I ended up going Jedi with the RL because I could not justify the $1200 to purchase a TK. I came within seconds of pulling the trigger on an AP. I had the cash but couldn't justify it. The Jedi fit the bill and I've trooped for many years. Now there's an affordable TK if you got in the first couple of tiers. Heck, even the current $650 is a steal because it comes with all of the soft parts. <br><br>

So, to the new members......<br><br>

Don't let this thread or other threads with arguing discourage you.<br>

JOIN!!!!<br>

Avoid the politics.<br>

Focus on the goal.<br><br>

The kids will love whoever walks into their hospital room, library, or other charity event. <br>

That is what it's all about. It's about the kids and making people happy by using our love of Star Wars.

Edited by Luke S
  • Like 7

^for real. There are a lot of places where things like that should be talked about, but unless the 501st is involved in an aid effort or something I don't think this is one of them. In addition to that, people can care about whatever they want, especially when they're spending hundreds of dollars to do this. If someone is an accuracy buff, let them be an accuracy buff. People on here are going to argue about accuracy vs accessibility no matter what, and that's just kind of the name of the game. Yes, the 501st exists to help people. However, it also exists as the premier star wars costuming community. The 501st does have certain standards to uphold on terms of accuracy and quality.

Also, I think I saw a tantive 4 build complete with cracks and everything a while back, and I think that's something you can get approved. My understanding is that as long as something conforms to the CRLs it can get approved.

Ā 

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Haters are always going to hate.

Ā 

With that being said unfortunately we are going to be forced to just wait and see.

Ā 

I admit that I loved star wars as a kid but could care less as an adult, that is until my 5 year old son fell i love with it. We went to Celebration and he was in heaven then we saw the Anovos booth and for $350 with free shipping my wife and i were in, after we saw the Rubies crap kits for $1,000. After that I learned about the 501st as when we preordered all we wanted them for was Halloween 2016. If not for this cheap kit I would have never thought twice of found the 501st or all the good it does so you can thank Anovos for another family interested in the 501st.

Ā 

I have also learned about the details here and builds like the awesome detail Vern has done with the blasters and already ordered two of the Doopy kits.

Ā 

I think we all need to calm down and see what ships. What I am the most excited about is some of the most respected builders like Vern and others that are willing to take the time and show all of us how these can be made in a step by step way to comply with all levels of certification and increase the 501st family and community.

Ā 

Since we placed our order my son can't stop talking about how he gets to boss his parents "storm troopers" around on Halloween and he already has his Darth Vader costume two sizes too big for next year. That is what this is all about.

Edited by mikidymac
  • Like 7

Wow....this Anovos stuff is really getting out of hand now. Yes, real events that are happening are horrible, but these really aren't the forums to be talking about that. I can understand that people are excited for their new armor, and are excited to see what will or will not be accepted in to the 501st. But like any armor out there, none are 501st ready, and if a part or two has to be replaced, no big deal really. If that ruins the experience for some people, well, I guess it does then. Then it really doesn't mean it's for the sick children and the community and the charity work like some are saying...