Anovos TK armor preorder

Yeah I ordered May 2 and got my notification last night. Looks like I'll have it by Thursday.

Same here. We'll see if it actually ships or if they only created the label in anticipation of that late Tier 1 wave showing up at some point at their distribution center. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Just picked mine up from the FedEx office! I had it sent there in case I was at work when it came. I ordered April 21st. 

Now to try to inventory it all before I have to go to work, just in case. 

There's some light dust/dirt on some of the pieces it seems, especially the chest. Anyone else run into this? 

There's some light dust/dirt on some of the pieces it seems, especially the chest. Anyone else run into this? 

There should be a layer of plastic film protecting the ABS.  If you pull that off, the dust and dirt should go with it.  Also, it's immensely satisfying to pull off the plastic film!

I ordered at the end of April putting me at the shipment time frame of Feb. 15 - Mar. 1.  Like many, I have not received any tracking number but... I had a knock at my door this morning, dogs barking ready to brake down my fence, children calling me to come quick someone is at the door... Surprise, surprise, surprise. Mr. Fedex was at my door with my Anovos BBB! The whole family was celebrating, pretty funny. You would think it was Christmas morning. Fedex was wondering what was in the box. I told him and he said he delivered one of these boxes a few blocks from me and some more yesterday a few miles down the road in Torrance, CA. With that said, I am in So California, Southbay area. Any troopers near by please message me. Armor building party??

He did say signature is required. He is not leaving boxes on door steps. The other box he delivered by my house was his second visit because they were not home yesterday. To everyone, keep your eyes open Fedex is coming to town.

I received my boots, and just finished my blaster. (Please check out my build, comments welcomed and appreciated My Addictive E-11 build 1st timer. Possible EIB/Centurion approval?)

Now it is Armor time!

Can someone who has the kit please take a picture of the plastic belt bit, I am curious to see if it has the 45o corners.

It does. Watch the unboxing video that's the subject of another thread here, and you'll see them.

This is an outstanding thread in the history of the FISD. Never before seen so many entries for - well, almost nothing.
NOW with the first brown boxes arriving, this totally changes - and the thread explodes even more. But we finally get facts and photos to stop the rumors.

I fully understand everybody's exitement and impatience, but can't see reasons to post "I ordered in month X and did not get anything yet".
It has been said so many times: patience is the key in this hobby - even for Anovos customers  ;). Don't worry, sooner or later everybody will surely get what has been paid for.

A thing that I am much more worrying about, is to possibly see this suit causing something like a separation within the FISD. Why that?
Many people jumped on the train for the Anovos OT TK. A lot of them are new to this hobby and some might start to build without doing enough research in advance.

Mistakes will happen and in the heads of some long-established troopers, there might be a prejudice like "another inexperienced noob with that Anovos armor".

And the fact of creating the "Anovos Stormtrooper Kit Building Group" on facebook (which was surely meant to help), could also be taken as a step towards such a separation.

Please: don't let that happen! No matter if you like this kit or not, let's keep in mind it looks not bad, it brought many new members to the Star Wars costuming scene - and so with to the FISD.

Posting that comment in this highly frequented thread, feels like walking through a minefield. So please don't get me wrong. So far I like what has been shown on the pictures and I think the people will get a good armor for that price.

The FISD will grow, as will the 501st Legion - and that is something good, right?!  :smiley-sw013:

Have fun with your builds. And if you are still waiting for BBB, enjoy it - that is a part of this game.

• Like 20

I believe that someone requested a picture of the OII a few pages back...here it is, from my kit received 1/23. This is with the clear film still attached, although that film conforms perfectly to all of the pieces and doesn't hide the details from what I can see.

post-19923-0-08992800-1453647125_thumb.jpg

Also, the "other" unboxing thread seemed to generate some confusion about shoulder bells (are they the same or 2 different ones?). My kit clearly has two different shoulder bells as it should:

post-19923-0-34798100-1453646925_thumb.jpg
Edited by aramis
  • Like 1

This is an outstanding thread in the history of the FISD. Never before seen so many entries for - well, almost nothing.

NOW with the first brown boxes arriving, this totally changes - and the thread explodes even more. But we finally get facts and photos to stop the rumors.

I fully understand everybody's exitement and impatience, but can't see reasons to post "I ordered in month X and did not get anything yet".

It has been said so many times: patience is the key in this hobby - even for Anovos customers ;). Don't worry, sooner or later everybody will surely get what has been paid for.

A thing that I am much more worrying about, is to possibly see this suit causing something like a separation within the FISD. Why that?

Many people jumped on the train for the Anovos OT TK. A lot of them are new to this hobby and some might start to build without doing enough research in advance.

Mistakes will happen and in the heads of some long-established troopers, there might be a prejudice like "another inexperienced noob with that Anovos armor".

And the fact of creating the "Anovos Stormtrooper Kit Building Group" on facebook (which was surely meant to help), could also be taken as a step towards such a separation.

Please: don't let that happen! No matter if you like this kit or not, let's keep in mind it looks not bad, it brought many new members to the Star Wars costuming scene - and so with to the FISD.

Posting that comment in this highly frequented thread, feels like walking through a minefield. So please don't get me wrong. So far I like what has been shown on the pictures and I think the people will get a good armor for that price.

The FISD will grow, as will the 501st Legion - and that is something good, right?! :smiley-sw013:

Have fun with your builds. And if you are still waiting for BBB, enjoy it - that is a part of this game.

I love your comment. I am one of those who got into FISD because of Anovos. To be honest, I was aware of vetted makers selling kits and the 501st before but I wasn't aware of how to buy. The idea of buying something unlicensed was frightening to me. When I saw the tier 1 offer, immediately jumped at the chance because I knew it was a steal and I had confidence in them due to their Trek products quality.

I looked at things like Jedi Robe but after looking at a fan made kit, I could tell it wasn't worth it. But still, sending close to a thousand dollars through PayPal to a guy who makes armour in his garage felt very foreign and scary for me. Now, I know better! I bought a few items from the community and got to know what it's like to be part of this group and I can say that I would totally buy armour from AP or ATA without hesitation... In fact, judging by what I see here, I probably will at some point as it seems buying armour is some kind of infectious disease!!!

Long story short, I'm part of the Facebook group also but I would never limit myself to only one of them. To me, they both serve a different purpose. Even though I've been browsing here for months, read build threads and watch TrooperBay and Mike Culp's videos countless times, I still don't feel prepared enough for my coming build. This is why I'll be making a build thread, to share my questions with this knowledgeable community and get advice from the best :) And I know with the help of the good people here, I'll do ok :)

• Like 6

I can not wait for the first full honest reviews from people in the 501st already. I have to wait to see if they do another run. Sucks it may be the end of the year since I got into this way to late to get the great deal at $350.00 or $650.00. I am expecting the price to go up. Any ideas on that?? :(. Seen some of the pictures the helmets were a bit dinged up already. Hope that is a easy fixed issue.

Is the brow hard fixed or is it easily removed to be lowered to the classic hero look?

Though I haven't tried it yet it shouldn't be too difficult being the helmet is held together via the ear screws and an additional screw which are removable.