Anovos TK armor preorder

Aw man, this Feb 15th-Mar 1st wait is going to be agonizing 

Yes.  Yes it is.  At least we'll have company! :):(

On the bright side, someone posted an unboxing video on the FB site:

• Like 1

So, things we've learned today:

- Helmet looks good. Not great, but totally wearable as-is for everything except for the most picky.

- The trim on the bottom of the helmet is actual S-trim, meaning it'll be good for higher level certification.

- The TD is separate parts, so you can build it with the metal clips all the way to the outside rather than the promotional pics showing them lined up with the control panel.

- The holster is held on with Chicago Screws, so can be modified to Stunt no problem (and looks like a really nice holster, too!)

- The cover strips are pre-cut. That makes it really easy to get the right measurements, and not worry as much about cutting your fingers off... It also means no inside strips.

Did I miss any super useful info?

• Like 5

I kinda wish the belt was uncompleted. That cloth belt looks very flimsy. The potential exists for major damage if you tried to pop off the rivet covers to replace the belt with something a little more stiff.

• Like 1

I kinda wish the belt was uncompleted. That cloth belt looks very flimsy. The potential exists for major damage if you tried to pop off the rivet covers to replace the belt with something a little more stiff.

Probably best to just drill right through the middle.  Once the post is gone, it should just fall off.

I've never built armor, but that's been my experience with snaps on other things.

For the price, I am very pleased to see what you get. Definitely some minor issues with the belt being pre-assembled ( prefer to have the option to switch up things) but overall it looks very good. Well packed as well. Lets hope all the delivery carriers don't start playing soccer with these boxes.

• Like 1

This looks like it may be worth the $200+ for delivery and import tax! I have a feeling we will be taking our hats off to Anovos when we see a fully finished suit.

It sucks you have to wait the additional time tho!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

The helmet looks very clean (slightly sanitised) and sharp as expected with seeing the earlier photos. But it still looks good and the interior looks well finished.<br><br>

I prefer rough and ready but can see many liking the looks of this, and I've seen a lot worse over the years.<br><br>

From what I've just seen in these photos today it looks like for the lower price point guys got a complete bargain, well done :)<br><br>

I think there's going to be lots of very happy and excited peeps :D

Edited by manxtrooper
  • Like 2

Not having to cut cover strips= amazing.  Though I have worries about needing to cut ones a bit wider for my big biceps. On my current suit I think i did about 18-20mmon the back of the biceps just to cheat as much extra room as possible. Hopefully my spare plastic from trooperbay will be a good match.

AND they made it on time!... Just wanted to point this out to be fair with AnOvOs' guys after all the especulation about they weren't going to make it. I hope they can keep the machine at full power and serve us all fast enough.<br>

I'm very curious about the strapping system and the assembly instructions and how the OII back plate looks, cause there was some issues about it being too sharp.<br>

It's going to be a long wait but I will be on holiday next March and in the meantime I can watch and learn... This hobby has teach me patience and expectation so far.<br>

Congrats to the happy ones!

Waiting for mine to ship....But the photos and videos make me very excited for the quality. Especialy at $350...I also got the shadow at the tier 1 price. Fun times ahead!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk