Anovos TK armor preorder

I just sent them an email for clarification on the cancellation policy as that is in very bad taste to change the policy this late in the game. If we find out the kits are crap and want to cancel before they ship I think they should have to honor their policy in place at the time of pre-order placement.

This is so not a big deal at all. As I see it, the real question is: would you have placed the order knowing that you cannot cancel after some people start receiving it? Would you have accepted the new policy at the time of order? If not, cancel now. Easy peasy. If yes, then why complain?

However:

If you paid $350-$450, there is no reason to cancel. You can probably sell it to anyone here for what you paid or better.

If you paid $650, same thing, maybe just trim a few pieces at their maximum size to add value and then resell.

Or better yet, break up your set and sell it piecemeal. There are plenty of folks who will buy certain parts and you'll make your money back.

The change in cancel policy doesn't mean that anyone is screwed. You still have a choice. Until tomorrow.

That all said, I will admit that giving people two days to read their email and decide to cancel is very lame. They should have allowed more time.

Edited by Astyanax
  • Like 3

I completely disagree. The ability to cancel my order before it shipped was the main factor in deciding to order. This armor is unknown. Quality wise and accuracy wise. I would much rather have the ability to cancel before it's shipped to me than have to go through the hassle of trying to sell it on my own. if it's crap, then selling it will be an issue for sure. Changing the policy this late in the game is not right in any way.

That being said, I don't expect this armor to be crap but there is always that possibility. I ordered late Tier one to have the chance to see peoples reaction and have time to cancel. so yeah, I'm a little put out by this but not enough to cancel now.

• Like 3

I completely disagree. The ability to cancel my order before it shipped was the main factor in deciding to order. This armor is unknown. Quality wise and accuracy wise. I would much rather have the ability to cancel before it's shipped to me than have to go through the hassle of trying to sell it on my own. if it's crap, then selling it will be an issue for sure. Changing the policy this late in the game is not right in any way.

That being said, I don't expect this armor to be crap but there is always that possibility. I ordered late Tier one to have the chance to see peoples reaction and have time to cancel. so yeah, I'm a little put out by this but not enough to cancel now.

+1 I totally agree.

Anovos appears to be a stand up company and we have been supporting them and they have been great with updates but when you have a "return policy" stated it should remain as indicated when we all placed our orders. 

It is not ok to change it with two days notice. For all new orders that would be fine but they have always maintained that they can't show us what it looks like and what the final product will be but tell us we can cancel before it ships.

I hope it is just us misinterpreting their latest newsletter and their actual intent was that Tier 1 orders shipping first have to cancel by the 20th because shipping will already be processing. That would make more sense than the blanket statement that all orders would have to be canceled by the 20th. Then say something like all Feb 15 orders must be canceled by the 10th or something like that.

BTW: If these kits are shipping within a few days there should be no reason now why they can't post some final pictures. They have posted pictures of the box so why not open it. Anovos, your killing me Smalls!

Edited by mikidymac
  • Like 1

I hope it is just us misinterpreting their latest newsletter and their actual intent was that Tier 1 orders shipping first have to cancel by the 20th because shipping will already be processing. That would make more sense than the blanket statement that all orders would have to be canceled by the 20th. Then say something like all Feb 15 orders must be canceled by the 10th or something like that.

BTW: If these kits are shipping within a few days there should be no reason now why they can't post some final pictures. They have posted pictures of the box so why not open it. Anovos, your killing me Smalls!

This is correct, the cancellation deadline only applies to the first wave that is about to ship---so the policy has not changed. 

• Like 3

Everyone breathe.

We've seen a lot of consternation here over the last month and a half about the shipping dates.  Well, the shipping dates have arrived.   :D  You will all be receiving your BBB soon enough (yes, some sooner than others) and you can then begin the build process.  You are here, so you'll potentially have a community of over 10,000 members (FISD - not the Legion) here to see what's going on, and offer assistance as needed.  From everything that has been seen and discussed (in some cases to the point of nausea) thus far, you're going to receive a quality kit, accurate enough for Legion membership and by all accounts requiring very little work  for FISD higher level approvals.  Continue to be happy about your purchase(s).  We've got your backs.  If we discover that some form of alterations need to be made after you have the plastic in hand, the community here will ensure that you all understand how to do whatever needs to be done.  There's not much that can be done to a TK kit that has not been done at some point in time, here at FISD. 

Dean just confirmed that everyone still has until their order ships to cancel if that's what you desire to do. 

The only thing that has changed today - for anyone - is that you now know that the box(es) will begin mailing very, very soon.  

Get ready, the ride is about to begin, and welcome to your new sickness.   :D

• Like 15

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!

I received a shipping notice from Anovos, and nearly lost it. Then I realized that it was the TFA bucket shipping separately. Combination happy/sad dance. 

I was late on the order, so I have to wait a bit more than most (probably March), but this gives me the opportunity to gather the extra bits required for the build. Really looking forward to seeing the Anovos Build threads that are coming. Exciting times for sure!

"Almost there!"

• Like 1

Looks like I'm in the 3rd shipping group. I am anxiously awaiting the build threads since I am completely new to this and need a lot of instruction and guidance =D

From the Tested videos on youtube, looks like there's a LOT of trimming that needs to be done. I'm debating whether to get a compressor like they use or just find a blade and take my time

• Like 1

Looks like I'm in the 3rd shipping group. I am anxiously awaiting the build threads since I am completely new to this and need a lot of instruction and guidance =D

From the Tested videos on youtube, looks like there's a LOT of trimming that needs to be done. I'm debating whether to get a compressor like they use or just find a blade and take my time

I don't think the compressor is going to be necessary; I don't think many folks here use one. Lexan scissors and/or the score-and-snap method seem to dominate here. The trick is to not cut too close, and count on sanding to make the lines go where you need. Move slowly, don't rush. Abolish deadlines.

Or so I hear. That's what I'll be doing. I think Frank Ippolito on Tested went way, way overboard with the compressor and saw, and did the hobby a disservice by taking the trimming in that direction. Have a look at TK-1636's videos.

Bill

I think Frank Ippolito on Tested went way, way overboard with the compressor and saw, and did the hobby a disservice by taking the trimming in that direction. Have a look at TK-1636's videos.

Remember, Frank is used to working on these sorts of things as props, where volumes are high and timing is tight. While the score and snap method is just as quick - if not quicker - than using power tools, it is much more physically demanding. Score and snap for eight hours, or use power tools for eight hours? I know what I would choose.

Remember, Frank is used to working on these sorts of things as props, where volumes are high and timing is tight. While the score and snap method is just as quick - if not quicker - than using power tools, it is much more physically demanding. Score and snap for eight hours, or use power tools for eight hours? I know what I would choose.

I have worked in the prop industry and I would use the score and snap method and do....... Power tools are so unnecessary and slow for this application. I can do 8 hours work this way... It's what you get used to.... I can trim 2 suits and helmets in a hour or two ready for assembly. Just sayin..........

C'mon guys... Let's give the chance that we may like the armor! I agree that change in the return and refund policy needs clarifications, but it's seems like a lot of people it's eager not to like the kit and thinking about returning it or cancelling the order even before it has reached their doors! Of course three or four hundreds is money, but after almost ten months of wait I am anxious to get the suit... And I am not thinking all the time that it will suck.<br>

Stay optimistic!

Don't get me wrong, I thing the armor will be fantastic however, all we have seen to date are prototype photos and stacks of armor fresh off the assembly line. I am very optimistic that Anovos will knock this out of the park but there is always that slight possibility that there could be quality issues...especially when manufacturing in bulk.

I most likely will not cancel my order and will wait anxiously for BBB day to arrive, maybe it's a sign that my tier is set to start shipping on my birthday, Feb 15!

• Like 1

If someone who paid $350 for their armor doesn't want it, let me know, I might buy it from you. I have a few friends who want to get into the Legion.

Anyone know how effective a heat knife would be for this plastic? I got one where it's basically an xacto blade that heats up like a soldering iron

I'd warn you away from that, because I think it would only complicate the process. A normal craft knife or xacto blade will work just fine on its own, and if you're going to do any heating of the plastic you should probably save that for later in the build.

• Like 1

I'm the third wave of the first tier so this wait will hurt more than ever. All of you who are getting it first better post videos and pictures asap so us still waiting can binge over those in anticipation for ours. Only got the Tested videos as of now

Yeah and the tested videos are with the pro type armor. So really curious to see what the real deal looks like. Based on some of the factory photos I think it will look even better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk