Anovos TK armor preorder

I think I deleted most of the multiple posts. That sometimes happens when you're on a slow connection. Not sure why it did for those folks this time.

That sort of sucks for fans on budget. Might have to go for the Shadow  Trooper or a Soft Uniform if I have to but I was so siked about the old School one. I have not seen any second Generation Clone kits which seemed cool.

Like Ralf said... Not to be a dick... this hobby isn't exactly suited for anyone on a budget. Even an officer could run you a lot once you find the right boots for it. 

There are lots of other options besides Anovos out there for a TK but you're still going to spend cash on it no matter what you do.

-Eric

• Like 4

Check out the Getting Started section and look at the vendors. There are more options than Anovos. 

Unfortunately I am sure they will charge way more. The suggested list does not give much detail. Not wising to pay more than I must considering there will be further cost to complete it. I am still looking.

I think I deleted most of the multiple posts. That sometimes happens when you're on a slow connection. Not sure why it did for those folks this time.

Like Ralf said... Not to be a dick... this hobby isn't exactly suited for anyone on a budget. Even an officer could run you a lot once you find the right boots for it.

There are lots of other options besides Anovos out there for a TK but you're still going to spend cash on it no matter what you do.

-Eric

The boots are a pain to find, a pain to buy, and an even bigger pain to wear. -___-
  • Like 1

At this point Anovos is a little more expensive than other kits available today. You'll be paying just as much or less if you buy from one of the vendors on this website. Email the people on the page get info

Unfortunately I am sure they will charge way more. The suggested list does not give much detail. Not wising to pay more than I must considering there will be further cost to complete it. I am still looking.

• Like 1

The boots are a pain to find, a pain to buy, and an even bigger pain to wear. -___-

Imperialboots.com, top notch stuff, or go on anazon, order a pair of boots and some white leather paint and get to painting. (It's what I did, $46 total.)

At this point Anovos is a little more expensive than other kits available today. You'll be paying just as much or less if you buy from one of the vendors on this website. Email the people on the page get info

Not necessarily, even at the most recent price of $650 it is still cheaper than going with some of the cheapest options here on whitearmor when you factor in the soft parts IF tHe soft parts are up to spec, it's certainly not the steal that those of us who hopped on the tier one got, but it's still potentially a good deal. As with everything preordered that was a chance we took. I am of the opinion that very little will need to be changed in order to pass crls (i think even the much bemoaned belt and holster will be fine after rogue 1). So it comes down to taste, do you like the look of anovos vs some of the other armors. It's priced very competitively compared to the budget kits.
  • Like 2

Not necessarily, even at the most recent price of $650 it is still cheaper than going with some of the cheapest options here on whitearmor when you factor in the soft parts IF tHe soft parts are up to spec, it's certainly not the steal that those of us who hopped on the tier one got, but it's still potentially a good deal. As with everything preordered that was a chance we took. I am of the opinion that very little will need to be changed in order to pass crls (i think even the much bemoaned belt and holster will be fine after rogue 1). So it comes down to taste, do you like the look of anovos vs some of the other armors. It's priced very competitively compared to the budget kits.

Not to mention the helmet is pre-assembled, something most armor makers don't do.

• Like 2

Anovos now has an Update Page to show the status of all Star Wars products:  http://www.anovos.com/pages/star-wars-updates

Original Trilogy Stormtrooper: Kits and completed helmets completed and going through customs at port. Initial deliveries of kits to begin January 2016, followed by completed helmets, helmet kits, and then completed ensembles. Note that sized soft-goods will ship separately after kits. Current estimated delivery: Q1 2016
  • Like 2

I would like to know some of these more affordable kits as to check them out. I know I will spend something but I want the best deal I can get for the price I can afford to pay.

I would like to know some of these more affordable kits as to check them out. I know I will spend something but I want the best deal I can get for the price I can afford to pay.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/is the thread you're looking for.  Even though it says it's from 2010, it is actively maintained, and all of the email addresses there (probably) work.  Email the ones you're interested in learning more about, asking for things like what's included, what the wait time is, and what the total cost including shipping to [location] is.

• Like 1

Imperialboots.com, top notch stuff, or go on anazon, order a pair of boots and some white leather paint and get to painting. (It's what I did, $46 total.)

Actually I was referring to the officer boots. :P

I actually think Imperial boots has officer boots... lol Even if they don't they do have a "custom" order section where if you provide what you want ie) pics they can make to spec.

I actually think Imperial boots has officer boots... lol Even if they don't they do have a "custom" order section where if you provide what you want ie) pics they can make to spec.

According to the most recent update on the TK and other star wars related items: 

"so the dates provided are ESTIMATES ONLY and provided in quarters (Q1 = January-March, Q2 = April-June, Q3 = July-September, Q4 = October-December)."

"*Original Trilogy Stormtrooper: Kits and completed helmets completed and going through customs at port. Initial deliveries of kits to begin January 2016, followed by completed helmets, helmet kits, and then completed ensembles. Note that sized soft-goods will ship separately after kits. Current estimated delivery: Q1 2016

*Original Trilogy Stormtrooper Helmet Accessory: Initial deliveries of completed helmets and then helmet kits to begin March 2016. Current estimated delivery: Q1 2016

*Shadow Stormtrooper Ensemble: Production under way. Plans for mesh helmet interior cancelled, but investigating alternate lining material options armor interiors. Standard packaging and product safety reviews required. Current estimated delivery: Q2 2016

*Shadow Stormtrooper Helmet Accessory: Production under way. Standard packaging and product safety reviews required. Current estimated delivery: Q2 2016"

http://www.anovos.com/pages/star-wars-updates  <-----you can find it here

Honestly this company is a train wreck. If you look at any Instagram picture they've posted, there is just a slur of negative comments, mainly pointed towards the TK pre-order

• Like 1

I am willing to bet they just weren't expecting the volume of orders they received, especially with the first 2 tiers, but word spread quick and they were swamped from the get go.

Honestly this company is a train wreck. If you look at any Instagram picture they've posted, there is just a slur of negative comments, mainly pointed towards the TK pre-order

Ironically, the TK kits are a product that is close to the estimated delivery of Winter 2015. :)

• Like 2

I'm not sure how saying that customer reactions to Instagram pictures constitutes a trainwreck.  I am by no means an Anovos apologist, but if people start getting kits by the end of January, I'll be happy.  I'm expecting my Shadow kit by about June, and it sounds like they're on track for that.  Having metal molds for their vacuum forming makes me VERY happy, since that means they are much less likely to break or get deformed between pulls, and they can keep churning out plastic as fast as it softens.

I really think a lot of the delay here is due to the big mouse in charge, asking for changes to things to meet their safety requirements... never mind the fact that everyone is going to be taking dremel tools and razor blades to it all, and hopefully not losing too many fingers in the process!

• Like 4

According to the most recent update on the TK and other star wars related items: 

"so the dates provided are ESTIMATES ONLY and provided in quarters (Q1 = January-March, Q2 = April-June, Q3 = July-September, Q4 = October-December)."

"*Original Trilogy Stormtrooper: Kits and completed helmets completed and going through customs at port. Initial deliveries of kits to begin January 2016, followed by completed helmets, helmet kits, and then completed ensembles. Note that sized soft-goods will ship separately after kits. Current estimated delivery: Q1 2016

*Original Trilogy Stormtrooper Helmet Accessory: Initial deliveries of completed helmets and then helmet kits to begin March 2016. Current estimated delivery: Q1 2016

*Shadow Stormtrooper Ensemble: Production under way. Plans for mesh helmet interior cancelled, but investigating alternate lining material options armor interiors. Standard packaging and product safety reviews required. Current estimated delivery: Q2 2016

*Shadow Stormtrooper Helmet Accessory: Production under way. Standard packaging and product safety reviews required. Current estimated delivery: Q2 2016"

They are still within the Winter date given at pre-order and are beginning shipping next week. I really don't see how people can be upset with that. Their older products? Certainly, they have been delayed multiple times, but the TK is right on schedule. I'm guessing people aren't used to hobbies like this or similar products, as other SW Licensees like Sideshow and eFX take even longer to produce anything.

• Like 2

They are still within the Winter date given at pre-order and are beginning shipping next week. I really don't see how people can be upset with that. Their older products? Certainly, they have been delayed multiple times, but the TK is right on schedule. I'm guessing people aren't used to hobbies like this or similar products, as other SW Licensees like Sideshow and eFX take even longer to produce anything.

• Like 1

Even the December email update was postponed because it wasn't approved in time. I can't imagine how bad the scrutiny is for actual product before they are allowed to release it.<br><br>

Some of the people are complaining about things that aren't really very late if at all. I guess they didn't read the minimum lead time before ordering. Some items certainly are well beyond the minimum lead time.<br><br>

Keep in mind it might still take a while to receive an item after shipping starts if you are down in the ordering sequence.

Even the December email update was postponed because it wasn't approved in time. I can't imagine how bad the scrutiny is for actual product before they are allowed to release it.<br><br>

Some of the people are complaining about things that aren't really very late if at all. I guess they didn't read the minimum lead time before ordering. Some items certainly are well beyond the minimum lead time.<br><br>

Keep in mind it might still take a while to receive an item after shipping starts if you are down in the ordering sequence.

Unless people are working or talking directly with ANOVOS, everything is speculation. As far as delivery time, they are well within range of winter, as the end of winter is in March ...