Anovos TK armor preorder

<br><br><br>

I'm more concerned about the lenses. They seem way too light to me and probably will have to be replaced by darker ones to be up to the CRL.<br><br><br>

Oh boy. First I have to worry about ANOVOS not fitting my 6'4" frame, now I might need to get going on some replacement lenses for the helmet? This is going to be a seriously drawn out ordeal. Oh how nice it'll be once the early birds start getting their kits and can help the rest of us make smart choices. Sigh. ;-)

<br><br>

You didn't expect a kit without some modification and work? Nit picky much? Lol

ame="JAYSONCOMGUY" post="452326" timestamp="1451852576"]<br><br>

You didn't expect a kit without some modification and work? Nit picky much? Lol

Fair enough. Indeed I expect some mod and work to any kit. It's just my first time. And I can only imagine folks' frustration when they first assemble their kit only to find that they can't yet troop with it because they need to order this or that replacement part. Just trying to stay upbeat and use all of you veterans' great advice so I can anticipate at least the major snags. Folks like you are a massive Godsend! :-) --Jayson
  • Like 1

Fair enough. Indeed I expect some mod and work to any kit. It's just my first time. And I can only imagine folks' frustration when they first assemble their kit only to find that they can't yet troop with it because they need to order this or that replacement part. Just trying to stay upbeat and use all of you veterans' great advice so I can anticipate at least the major snags. Folks like you are a massive Godsend! :-) --Jayson

I've found no matter how many upgrades or little things you do, there's always a ton more you can do lol no worries though, I understand your point. The best advice to everyone is patience, give it time, and it'll happen.

Edited by TK 2759
  • Like 1

Exactly. I look forward to the perfect thread on these forums that tells the new ANOVOS folks (myself included) exactly what they have to do to bring their armor up to spec. The good news is, it looks like it won't be nearly as much as some of the other "licensed" products.

• Like 1

New lenses are easy. $8 welder's mask replacement sheet :)

Truth. Or just use the more accurate lighter colored ones :)

The CRL is vague when it says they must "obscure your eyes". Heh.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd guess they'd use nuts n bolts rather than rivets, but who knows. I hope we can separate it for painting the inside too, Bill, if they're no longer coming lined. That's how the FAQ update made it seem to me. It says "Early plans to include a lined interior on the COMPLETED ENSEMBLE were cancelled." [their emphasis lol] so I wonder if they mean completed helmets too. No mention of lining: "What is inside the helmet? The complete, ready-to-wear helmet includes an adjustable helmet suspension rig system to fit up to size 8 heads. There are no electronics included."

I also think in the coming months you will see a few of these kits (or maybe a lot !!) up for sale on the bay, some maybe as the kits haven't lived up to expectations, some perhaps to turn a few $$ profit from the original price and some as the owners didn't realise how much work is involved in building up the armour.

My thoughts exactly. There are a few members on collector boards that bought these kits thinking they are just going to put them on their mannequins, with not even a simple assembly required. Many have no idea about prop making and have never held in their hands a custom made plastic ABS or HDPE helmet, except the licensed fiberglass ones from Master Replicas or EFX. We'll see what happens in the end anyway...

• Like 2

I'm really worried this armour isn't going to be as comfy as my favorate pair of slippers or that I'm going to have to try and put it on without opening the box and it just assembling itself around my body shape. A little like an iron man suit only white and plastic. With any luck it will be totally tailored to me with Anovos not knowing what my measurements were before shipping it.:P

Edited by sskunky
  • Like 8

I'm really worried this armour isn't going to be as comfy as my favorate pair of slippers or that I'm going to have to try and put it on without opening the box and it just assembling itself around my body shape. A little like an iron man suit only white and plastic. With any luck it will be totally tailored to me with Anovos not knowing what my measurements were before shipping it.:P

I'm super worried you will need our help putting it together. Noob!

-Eric

• Like 3

I'm really worried this armour isn't going to be as comfy as my favorate pair of slippers or that I'm going to have to try and put it on without opening the box and it just assembling itself around my body shape. A little like an iron man suit only white and plastic. With any luck it will be totally tailored to me with Anovos not knowing what my measurements were before shipping it.

What now, you're gonna tell me there's no HUD integrated in those lenses?!? How are we supposed to shoot down those pesky rebels without it?

Preassembled helmet my ... !!! #AnovosWorstCompanyEver

Edited by =Sv3=

Right! I was just trying to play along as I may be a bit of an Anovos fanboy from time to time

Back on target, here's a picture that just came up on Twitter. It's from Frank Ippolito's shop and it supposedly shows Anovos helmets. Emphasis added to the s as in more than one helmet...

031084aa8294e66c287a07a794dc6eab.jpg

It looks consistent with what we've seen of the Anovos buckets but it might be a prototype like the Shadow Trooper they got this summer. So, nothing solid but still kinda cool to see :)

Edited by =Sv3=
  • Like 1

I also think the bucket will not be lop sided as the originals were...

Not sure, the ANOVOS site claims to have some of that:

Helmet features distinctive asymmetry, an artifact of the hand-sculpted screen-used pieces...

Maybe less lopsidedness, but I think there will be some there.

The eyes look way different compared to the prototype.

110e772434bb2a87fd09b34725ae3585.jpgfe43e587f0e31c6cc54365bc41b6ba5c.jpg

Now that I see the difference I think I like the sharper lines better. Is that considered more desirable for screen accuracy?

Edited by biogradbooth