Anovos TK armor preorder

I don't understand that attitude from the facebook post. I know lots of these guys and gals are new to the costuming and prop making community, and don't understand that months of waiting is common for props that are already in production, but when i was at c7 they already knew shipping would be winter of 2015. They never once promised they would be ready by halloween (not even close) or tfa, or christmas. They are perfectly on time still, yet people act like they're months late.

This is my first dip into like, for reals props and cosplay of this level of accuracy and all. So yeah, I'm inexperienced about it all, but even I knew, back in May, that they said Winter of 2015, and that they couldn't guarantee a premiere or holiday delivery, since they said that right on the page.

And from what I've read, they're being pretty transparent and open about things compared to some other makers, and they've got hundreds, maybe even over a thousand kits to get ready. I don't know, man. The attitude of the Facebook group and the posts are pretty unnecessarily salty. Like I'm a bit salty since I won't be able to make it now for a few months, since I'm going back to college on the 18th and all, but that's just my own problem, and isn't reflective of Anovos.

• Like 4

I'm also new to this but it was all laid out plain to see when I ordered.

The rage and anger on the FB makes me worry for the community once kits start to ship.

Though that said that same rage hasn't made it here. Maybe that's because they see you all as "elitists". I've tried to be reasonable with some people on there only to be left wondering why I bothered.

• Like 3

I waited well over a year for my MC biker scout armor to arrive after I ordered it. Anovos was clear from the beginning about the timeline and about their business model with this product. The waiting game is part of the fun! People who feel entitled seem to gravitate to Facebook for some reason.

Edited by shaunpug
  • Like 1

I don't know why people are flipping out so much. It's was/is a pre-order. I actually had a pre-order which I cancelled (but that was due to other reasons). When I placed my order back in May/June it clearly said looking to ship in winter.... I think the problem is that people, especially on the internet have this expectation of instant gratification and no longer have the patience to wait. These same people would be complaining of Anovos rushed it out the door to ship and produced an inferior kit.

• Like 5

Yup, nobody knows how to be patient any more...or were never taught how. It said PRE-order for cripe's sakes, not order. Anovos isn't late yet. They seem to be moving along pretty well, at least from what they are sharing.

Everybody should be getting happy that the shipping is getting close, instead of frustrated why it's not here yet.

Serious question though: from what photos we've seen so far of the Anovos design, and lets say you also had an RS kit still in the box to build, which would you make a TK and which would you dirty up and convert to make a TD? Let's say the pulls are super sharp and sanitized like some photos may lead us to believe...would that steer you one way or the other? Thanks!

Oh, and I don't have a joke to tell, but...balls.

• Like 1

I'm curious when we might see a built Anovos kit. I would think we would see one built by Anovos first before it gets to customers. Right now we are still looking at the prototype pics right? I would have thought they would have grabbed one off the line to show us the goods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hope it wasnt foolish of me to make my TM a sandy and am now waiting to make the anovos into a regular TK.... But I really dont see how putting dirt and a couple pouches on your armor really "hides" its accuracy. I felt that i wanted my best armor to be the costume that is the one i would probably want to show off the most, which would be the sandy since he has the cool paint job and all the fancy extras... Can't wait to see the anovos and how she will look as a squeeky clean TK

Some people on their also don't understand the definition of winter and think it's late if it didn't ship by the end of December. Smh

I think most people are just going by the Anovos update emails, as quoted below.

"We are still on target for late November/early December shipping" - Sept 30th Update

"We are still on target for freight-on-board (a.k.a. "FOB") for the items to ship from our manufacturer in November and to our fulfillment center for dispatch to you in December." - Oct 31st Update

"We are still looking at Tier 1 pre-orders to begin shipping to customers in December,...! Due to the high volume of shipments, deliveries may likely continue through January 2016 or later. " - Nov 12th Bonus Update

"We are still looking at Tier 1 pre-orders for kits with completed helmets to begin shipping to customers in December, continuing through January 2016 or later" - Nov 30th Update

• Like 2

I think most people are just going by the Anovos update emails, as quoted below.

"We are still on target for late November/early December shipping" - Sept 30th Update

"We are still on target for freight-on-board (a.k.a. "FOB") for the items to ship from our manufacturer in November and to our fulfillment center for dispatch to you in December." - Oct 31st Update

"We are still looking at Tier 1 pre-orders to begin shipping to customers in December,...! Due to the high volume of shipments, deliveries may likely continue through January 2016 or later. " - Nov 12th Bonus Update

"We are still looking at Tier 1 pre-orders for kits with completed helmets to begin shipping to customers in December, continuing through January 2016 or later" - Nov 30th Update

From the beginning they said winter. Yes, some of the updates seemed to be a bit more optimistic, but winter ends in March. So they still have some time before they are "late".

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Well, considering the amount of helmets on display there (yes, I know there are mirrors in that room) I would say these are mass produced and represent the final thing...

The person who posted that picture in the other thread said it was only six or seven helmets. I like the design quite a bit (the tube stripes are weirding me out but they're probably decals that I'll replace anyway) but overall I like it. I just don't want to get set on a design that we haven't gotten confirmed yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What is so weird abolut the tupestripes? They even replicate the handpainted style and are not the same distance from the cheeks, so every helmet is unique! I expect these inconsistencies when mass producing/painting in Asia, but on the other hand this is very accurate.

• Like 1

I'm more concerned about the lenses. They seem way too light to me and probably will have to be replaced by darker ones to be up to the CRL.

Overall there are only some minor tweaks one may have to do to make those helmets work.

P.S. My 100th post, yay! :smiley-sw013:

<br><br>

I'm more concerned about the lenses. They seem way too light to me and probably will have to be replaced by darker ones to be up to the CRL.<br><br>

Oh boy. First I have to worry about ANOVOS not fitting my 6'4" frame, now I might need to get going on some replacement lenses for the helmet? This is going to be a seriously drawn out ordeal. Oh how nice it'll be once the early birds start getting their kits and can help the rest of us make smart choices. Sigh. ;-)