Anovos TK armor preorder

Got my FO bucket a few days ago and its been hard trying to wear it. my two year old daughter freaks the F out when I have it on. So I cant wear it around the house like I want to...

She will grow to like it im sure.

You'll find that those of the early years are not fond of TKs... Some arent but a lot of them get scared when close to us.
  • Like 2

Glad you guys will finally be getting your kits and as of midnight, it'll be January so hopefully only a few more days away from BBB day! I can see them wanting to hold onto extra kits for returns. For those who haven't ordered and wondering if they will offer it again, I'm positive they will and also increase price. If you didn't get the reduced pricing though, I don't see why anyone would really want to pay more when there are already so many vetted high quality kits to choose from. 

• Like 3

Glad you guys will finally be getting your kits and as of midnight, it'll be January so hopefully only a few more days away from BBB day! I can see them wanting to hold onto extra kits for returns. For those who haven't ordered and wondering if they will offer it again, I'm positive they will and also increase price. If you didn't get the reduced pricing though, I don't see why anyone would really want to pay more when there are already so many vetted high quality kits to choose from.

the price was the only reason I went for Anovos. If I had to pay full price the delta wasn't good enough for the risk vs an approved seller.

Even when it bumped up in price after May 4th, it was still a good deal IMO. I spent well over $1k on my MTK with the accessories and needed items to complete my sandie. I haven't even got a pack built yet. I think this armor is going to look fine and everyone will finally be happy to have it in hand. I'm just saying once they are released to everyone, I wouldn't pay a premium for this kit like I would be tempted to for an RS. 

But RS looks crap, i bought this hoping for a nice balance between wonky and sanitizing. When it´s on display i have to look at and like it.

Other than that, we will have to wait until we see it.

If later prices and quality is comparable to other suits, i still would buy this. As they also pay the licensing, what alone means nothing to me, but i wouldn´t pay others the same without having them to pay for the license, just to bolster up their bank accounts.

But RS looks crap, i bought this hoping for a nice balance between wonky and sanitizing. When it´s on display i have to look at and like it.

Other than that, we will have to wait until we see it.

If later prices and quality is comparable to other suits, i still would buy this. As they also pay the licensing, what alone means nothing to me, but i wouldn´t pay others the same without having them to pay for the license, just to bolster up their bank accounts.

Gee Michael tell us how you really feel  :laugh1:

• Like 1

Sorry to take this aside... But here in Spain it's now past 9 in the evening and I'm already "happy" celebrating New Year's Day. Didn't want to let these pass without wishing you all a very very very happy "anovos kit 2016". BBB day is closer now and I really wish you all that it bring us all what we desire and deserve... Hopefully we could have it all ready for service in the rogue one premiere next year!<br>

Happy new year to everyone and keep this great community rolling!!!!<br>

Cheersssss

• Like 4

If you want sanitized you should wait until FO TK are available. OT TK/TD with all their imperfections are accurate

I know that, i just don´t like it. To bad the propguys worked so sloppy.

It´s not one of my real parts props (but even those i tweak sometimes) - i want my armor not as on set of a imperfect made movie, i want it as it would be in a real galaxy far far away.

• Like 3

I'm looking to pre-order this...does anyone have a discount code left over from when they purchased theirs? I'll pass mine along to anyone who needs it as well.

Better hurry. Preorder for the lot ends today.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

To be honest I am kicking myself I didn't jump on the first pre-order @ $350 , at the time I just thought it was too good to be true and the kit was was going to be of poor quality. With the amount of hype Anovos have been getting I doubt that will be the case as it would potentially destroy them with the 501st. In hind sight a few flaws at that price I could have lived with as I doubt it would take much to get it upto 501st standard.

With the current price though I am not so willing to take a punt on the armour as with shipping, import duties and taxes it is getting close to current vetted armour that is good to go out of the box and I am 99% certain that they will incur some duties for those of us outside of the USA.

The thing that I think may well make or break the kit is the pre-assembled bucket and to what standard it is built too, mass producing these to a decent level will not be easy IMHO and I think this may well lead to disapointment for some. Hopefully that will not be the case but having seen some photos of the FO helmets and the varying levels of build I am not so sure. I find it a silly move to not offer the helmet as a kit option with the armour when you can buy the helmet kit as a standalone item. It would have saved Anovos a lot of time and would have made it easier for builders to choose what style they wanted to achieve i.e. Hero/stunt.

Reference the delays, well they are kind off still on target, I think they may have gotten bogged down with too many orders instead of capping the numbers available. I do also have a sneaking suspicion they are supplying the armour for Rogue One and this may have taken priority, to me this would make sense.

I also think in the coming months you will see a few of these kits (or maybe a lot !!) up for sale on the bay, some maybe as the kits haven't lived up to expectations, some perhaps to turn a few $$ profit from the original price and some as the owners didn't realise how much work is involved in building up the armour.

It will be interesting to see what the kit is like when people get their hands on them (soon I hope) as if the kits are of a high standard it may well lead to current armour makers having to have a look at their own pricing scales perhaps. 

Hope every one had a great New Years.

Edited by Clogger

post-26054-14516548633_thumb.png

So mid January is the new estimated point of time for shipping notifications. I think its still very okay since they are still on time.

I just dont get what they mean with the first kits have arrived at the ports of overseas? When they already sent out packages, why only to overseas? I think Im just getting something wrong there :D

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 5 mit Tapatalk

They mean the kits has arrived to the customs from kina to them. So it will take some more time before Anovos get them. Then label changen and finally it's on its way to us. If I understand correctly.

Skickat från min HTC One_M8 via Tapatalk

They are going to a Fulfillment Center. Big, large pallets/containers of bulk product go there, and that company's job will be to pick and pull components from each of the stacks to fill individual orders/boxes. They will ship from there. Hopefully Anovos has them trained and up to speed so there are no surprises at that point. It is a process all on it's own. Been there, done that.

I thought that they had said the armor was already at the fulfilment center earlier in the month. It doesn't really matter to me when I get it, I have been waiting all my life already. So another month or 2 won't kill me.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I don't understand that attitude from the facebook post. I know lots of these guys and gals are new to the costuming and prop making community, and don't understand that months of waiting is common for props that are already in production, but when i was at c7 they already knew shipping would be winter of 2015. They never once promised they would be ready by halloween (not even close) or tfa, or christmas. They are perfectly on time still, yet people act like they're months late.

• Like 8