Anovos TK armor preorder

I watched a video on youtube by Tested and the Anovos rep mentioned the suit would cost 2500$- 3000$ fully finished, or that's what they were thinking of pricing it at. Just if any of you guys wanted to know.. Better start saving. :)

Send fhem to me. I'll do them for $1500

• Like 1

What do you mean? A completed kit or you'll do the kit itself for 1500$?

He means if they're charging you $2000+ to build the kit Mark will do it for less. Heck if that's the case I'll jump on the Build-A-Kit band wagon.

With that said we know this is NOT the case. A completely assembled TK is $1,800. I've heard the $2,500 mentioned before also but I believe it's for a Collector's Version. 

• Like 1

He means if they're charging you $2000+ to build the kit Mark will do it for less. Heck if that's the case I'll jump on the Build-A-Kit band wagon.

With that said we know this is NOT the case. A completely assembled TK is $1,800. I've heard the $2,500 mentioned before also but I believe it's for a Collector's Version. 

Thanks for the clarification lol.. 

And are you sure? Everyone seems to be speculating that the price will be very high for the new FOTK and completed one. 

Here's the video where they mention the price: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeIKvF7LzaM

Thanks for the clarification lol.. 

And are you sure? Everyone seems to be speculating that the price will be very high for the new FOTK and completed one. 

Here's the video where they mention the price: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeIKvF7LzaM

My apologies, I thought we were talking about the Classic TK.

$2.5K-$3K for the FOTK would be about right, if you built it to canon specs

• Like 1

A much more complex costume to produce and build because of the design,  finishing will require 10 times more work to complete than a OT trooper, example the helmet can't be vacuumformed and because of invisible joining seams on legs/arms the whole suit will require lots of bondo/painting.

Edited by ABS80
  • Like 2

Is there a reason why the FO trooper armor will be so much more expensive? I know there's the rubber gaskets and everything, but isn't the rest plastic like the OT troopers?

It is just plastic. I don't see it as being much more complicated to vacuum form the pieces. There are a bunch of resin greeblie pieces but those are easy to replicate. 

They should offer an option to purchase without the gaskets. Offering a full kit with the option of helmet (fiberglass or injection molded).

A much more complex costume to produce and build because of the design,  finishing will require 10 times more work to complete than a OT trooper, example the helmet can't be vacuumformed and because of no visible joining seams on legs/arms the whole suit will require lots of bondo/painting.

But all the bondo & seamless work is done by the builder. Why would that be a mark up on the producers side?

It is just plastic. I don't see it as being much more complicated to vacuum form the pieces. There are a bunch of resin greeblie pieces but those are easy to replicate.

They should offer an option to purchase without the gaskets. Offering a full kit with the option of helmet (fiberglass or injection molded).

But all the bondo & seamless work is done by the builder. Why would that be a mark up on the producers side?

Your right it is plastic so material cost is the same. The cost comes in at having to make MANY more pieces. Also the molds are much more complicated. More detail in the sculpts that requires more work to get goods vacs.

The screen used suits were 3D printed and estimated cost was $8k - $10k. I don't know if that estimate includes all the labor to assemble or not, but one could imagine the final products bring well over $10k with labor and all.

Lastly lets face it your paying for the newest thing and the limited production at this point too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by biogradbooth

Maybe the master suit was 3D printed, but that was then moulded and cast in urethane for the actors. No one is crazy enough to 3D print 50+ complete suits. That's just a waste of both time and money.

Maybe the master suit was 3D printed, but that was then moulded and cast in urethane for the actors. No one is crazy enough to 3D print 50+ complete suits. That's just a waste of both time and money.

Hmmm. I wondered the same thing. Just what I read. Seemed a good source but that may have been assumed. Still if it were then cast, you would have tons of finishing work to get the details. So if total cost was $8-$10k built you are getting unbuilt for $2k. Yeah it's a lot of money for a costume isn't it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't find where I read it but if someone else heard it, I read that a movie (First Order) suit cost $15,000 to produce.

Even a single 3D print of something this large in high quality will be very expensive to print, then mould, then cast.

If you factor in wages x man hours for all the workers involved. Sure, no problem. :)

A pirate walks into a bar with a big wooden ship's steering wheel down the front of his pants.

The bartender says: "Cap'n? Do you know that you have a steering wheel in your pants?"

The pirate says: "Yarrrr I know. It's driving me nuts!"

-Eric

(Rolling on the floor laughing) - Thanks Eric that was a gut buster

Edited by Pyrates

Trust us that the FO costume has way more parts and is way harder to put together than your average TK. I've done a bunch of OT TKs and I'm here to tell you that it requires way more skill (and time) that I was possibly capable of. So. Many. Parts. 

-Eric

• Like 2