Anovos TK armor preorder

The higher the cost usually the more chance it won't slip threw customs since there's a lot of money to be made, with UPS and FEDEX less chance  it will slip threw since they have their own brokerage system and every package will be added with brokerage /custom fees. Whenever I order something online I always ask seller to ship via USPS and not UPS or FEDEX, UPS are the worst they have the highest brockerage fees, here in Canada anyways, also I always ask seller to declare package at lesser value, never as "GIFT" 0 value that's a red flag for customs, at least half of actual cost, but this won't happen with Anovos or major companies since they have to declare actual cost for insurance and inventory purpose, in my many years collecting I must have saved thousands in customs fees, I only purchased from vendors that were willing to declare at lesser value, I took my chance for the insurance and I never had a single problem.

Edited by ABS80
  • Like 1

The higher the cost the more chance it won't slip threw customs since there's money to be made, UPS and FEDEX no chance it will slip since they have their own brockerage system and every package you will pay customs fees.

Well! its been nice knowing you guys on these forums guys, ive learnt a lot, but i do not believe im in a position to depart from more money :( may have to cancel pre order

It´s more or less a small percentage to be added.

And you will have the same problem with every item you order in the future, if you cancel now. Additional .... i don´t see such a low priced offer for the same stuff in the future. If you cancel this, another might be without that fees, but with a noticeable higher starting price.

Well! its been nice knowing you guys on these forums guys, ive learnt a lot, but i do not believe im in a position to depart from more money :( may have to cancel pre order

On the up side. if you live in canada and you cancel your order. you will be refunded in US money and make money off the exchange rate ;)

But yeah. this is not a cheap hobby to get into from the sounds of it. At least im spending less on WarHammer 40k nowdays.

On the up side. if you live in canada and you cancel your order. you will be refunded in US money and make money off the exchange rate ;)

But yeah. this is not a cheap hobby to get into from the sounds of it. At least im spending less on WarHammer 40k nowdays.

Just a heads up - if you do cancel your order be aware that they charge you $50($70 CAN) (Service Fee). Edited by Pyrates

So let me get this straight, when they eventually post my TK kit to the UK they are going to charge me import tax on top of the $130 shipping plus the $350, both of which have already been paid? I may be wrong, I should probably message them about it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Better than that, they will charge you VAT and duty on the shipping too. Plus £10 handling fee. I'm just hoping its 1 handling fee not 3 as it's 3 boxes, expect to get charged though.
  • Like 1

Better than that, they will charge you VAT and duty on the shipping too. Plus £10 handling fee. I'm just hoping its 1 handling fee not 3 as it's 3 boxes, expect to get charged though.

Well this is great. So either that or a $50 cancelation fee. Jesus. Well I might just keep my order. It might kill me but screw it. I don't think I've studied for my exams or coursework as much as I've studied for this tk build xD. I've built by blaster and everything.

It will be worth more when I have it built if the kit is actually any good. I've come to far!

Has no one here ever bought anything from another country before? I'm talking about UK guys importing from outside the EU. <br>

It's standard practice to get ripped off when it hits customs here. I anything over £18 is fair game for the customs fellas. <br>

You should do your homework before spending your cash. <br><br>

:lol:

• Like 3

Has no one here ever bought anything from another country before? I'm talking about UK guys importing from outside the EU. <br>

It's standard practice to get ripped off when it hits customs here. I anything over £18 is fair game for the customs fellas. <br>

You should do your homework before spending your cash. <br><br>

:lol:

I think people have been spoilt by mislabelled goods from China in the past few years. Everything bar 1 item I've ordered from the US though has been caught.

As I say though I just hope it's 1 consignment I get stung on for the handling fee. 3 fees will be most annoying.

It´s no rip off - it´s how things are, and who orders should know. We are just to used to the "no fees inside EU" nowadays.  :D

In my case - i was just to used to order at bigger companies that when i´ve read delivery from warehouse, i immediatly thougt they meant via local warehouses around the world.  :unsure:

But as mentioned above - that small added amount for the FO helmet and the OT armor is less than ordering somewhere else. And for sure i won´t order any of their other overpriced stuff.

If you ask most people they will under value things sent to avoid the high taxes but with shops and licences for venders it's a different story. It's actually a federal offence not to declare the actual value of the item. An offence as they can't hit you for a handling fee and tax if you don't! :laugh1:

I'm in Canada... Im going to be driving across the border to pick up my 2 kits at a nearby PO box. I wonder if duty fees they charge me at the border will be any different than if I just had them ship it directly to me? The shipping was quite a bit cheaper so I figured It was worth the drive across to pick them up....hopefully that effort wont be a waste if the duty ends up being more expensive.

Someone mentioned $50 charge to cancel a pre-order???

http://www.anovos.com/pages/terms-and-conditions

I see no mention of a charge to cancel.

Am I missing something???

I cancelled my order just over a month ago and was refunded less $50 USD of the $650 USD I paid

Didn't think much of it

Edited by Pyrates

I cancelled my order just over a month ago and was refunded less $50 USD of the $650 USD I paid

Didn't think much of it

I don't see that ANYWHERE in my documents, nor on the web site.

So they are using your money interest free for 9 or 10 months then charge you a fee issue a refund?

This deal gets worse and worse all the time.

• Like 1

I don't see that ANYWHERE in my documents, nor on the web site.

So they are using your money interest free for 9 or 10 months then charge you a fee issue a refund?

This deal gets worse and worse all the time.

I can't get the link as I'm on my phone but if you read the return policy when you click on the little black "Returns/Exchange" it says they can charge you a restocking fee on a return.

I'm sorry mate - I understand that the unknown can be unraveling as well as frustrating. If I could I would take you for holiday beer to help forget about it and not let it ruin your journey.

Actually, their site right now says that for pre-orders, you can cancel and get a full refund. I'd be getting my $50 back. Their site says exactly these words (a true copy & paste, their highlighting included):

PRE-ORDERS

By pre-ordering products, the customer are authorizing ANOVOS to automatically charge your account upon submission of the order and obtain the product when it becomes available at a later date. You may cancel your pre-order (and obtain a full refund) anytime prior to the time the item or items ship, should you so desire it.

Edited by aramis
  • Like 1

You are right and just saw that section as well, but did not see it/ and or missed reading it when doing my cancellation. Just simply received an email from Anovos saying they cancelled my order upon request - good eyes all maybe my bubble lenses are a bad idea

In addition, they replied to a post on their facebook page recently, saying the same thing. A copy & paste of that is below:

"...We realize things fell behind schedule in 2015 and are doing our best to make it up as we move forward with faster shipping and setting more realistic expectations. Also, we understand that the wait is often very trying...we do honor full refunds up until time that a product ships. Thanks for hanging in there!

Again, they said "full refund".

In addition, they replied to a post on their facebook page recently, saying the same thing. A copy & paste of that is below:

"...We realize things fell behind schedule in 2015 and are doing our best to make it up as we move forward with faster shipping and setting more realistic expectations. Also, we understand that the wait is often very trying...we do honor full refunds up until time that a product ships. Thanks for hanging in there!

December 21 at 4:52pm"

Again, they said "full refund".

Yes mate I will be looking into it - thanks kindly!

I didn't get the December 21st notice as I cancelled my order back on November 13th and received my refund 4 days after.

Edited by Pyrates

I didn't get the December 21st notice as I cancelled my order back on November 13th and received my refund 4 days after.

I didn't get the 21st notice and I am still on the hook, can some one post it up for me?

This deal only gets worse and worse because you guys aren't patient enough to wait for your orders. I've never seen people get this riled up over a delay on a Stormtrooper costume. At least Anovos are keeping you updated and apologising for unforeseen delays. It could be a lot worse like I've said before. EFX are rubbish at communicating.<br>

Just chill out enjoy Christmas with your loved ones and it'll be here soon. Jeez...........

Edited by sskunky
  • Like 13

This deal only gets worse and worse because you guys aren't patient enough to wait for your orders. I've never seen people get this riled up over a delay on a Stormtrooper costume. At least Anovos are keeping you updated and apologising for unforeseen delays. It could be a lot worse like I've said before. EFX are rubbish at communicating.<br>

Just chill out enjoy Christmas with your loved ones and it'll be here soon. Jeez...........

And remember: the attractive part of this kit was not how good it looked or felt or how quickly it'd get here. It was the fact that at initial offering it was a little more than half of what the cheapest vetted vendors here charge. I don't expect it to be an amazing kit (probably not worth $650, at any rate) but for $350 with all the soft parts included? I'm willing to wait.

• Like 4