Anovos TK armor preorder

I also commented on the SLD boards concerning Anovos and the long wait time and missed deadlines for most of their products.

Long wait times yes, uncertain about the SLD, or any other product aside from the OT TK, but I regards to the OT TK, there no missed deadlines yet... Not that I am aware of.

Anovos was also posting messages this weekend saying they have to get approval from the "Licensor" before sending out the December newsletter. So hopefully once its approved we can get updates?

That seems to be the case. If Disney has to sign off on everything they release SW related, even newsletters, imagine what the process is like for actual products!

http://forum.501stsithlords.com/index.php?showtopic=10017&page=9

guy on the SLD is saying he got shipping confirmation for OT TK

( not mine )

Some guy said in a post that a friend said that his OT TK shipped... not worth screen capturing until actual proof.

The game of telephone is dangerous :) 

-Eric

Some guy said in a post that a friend said that his OT TK shipped... not worth screen capturing until actual proof.

-Eric

Indeed, we've been burned before. Only this month, 2 people blew the alarm and both times it was for some other product they had ordered from Anovos...
  • Like 1

I ordered mine at Celebration so I assume I am in the first wave and just checked my email. No shipping notice as of yet. I would think they will send out the newsletter before any shipping starts.

I suspect there were quite a few orders in the 4 days before celebration.

The email went out April 12th announcing the TK.

I received a shipping notice from Anovos today. but it is NOT for the TK kit. it's for the standard line FO TK Helmet. Verified via order number. I would imagine this other guy has one of these on order as well.

• Like 1

I was checking the Anovos site and I saw this. I don't know how long it has been here, but it does give a bit more info on possible shipping timeline. If they follow this tier 1 should ship by the end of the year.

Shipping Estimate
Estimated time to order fulfillment: Winter 2015 for Celebration Tier / Tier 1 orders; January to February 2016 for Tier 2 & October to December 2015 orders.

Shipping time frame given is an estimate only and is subject to change for any reason.

Anyone using these kits for special types of troopers or everyone just going shiny?

I'm probly going to use mine to make the Shocktrooper from Battlefront. awful game but love the trooper design. while leaving my ATA kit Shiny(until its dirty enough to convert to Sandy or Death)

Shocktrooper%20complete_zpsrlgqyg4v.jpeg

I'm probly going to use mine to make the Shocktrooper from Battlefront. awful game but love the trooper design. while leaving my ATA kit Shiny(until its dirty enough to convert to Sandy or Death)

Is that a common thing? To stay shiny until it gets so dirty you convert to sandy?

Me, I would want to stay shiny until death. Daily polishes, the whole gamut. ;)

Is that a common thing? To stay shiny until it gets so dirty you convert to sandy?

Me, I would want to stay shiny until death. Daily polishes, the whole gamut. ;)

it doesn't necessarily just get dirty enough to go sandy. but say if it gets damaged in a way you cant simply repair or scared. you could just weather it and it could be saved as a Sandy. atleast from what i've read in threads.

if its as bad as parts outright snapped. you could do hardcore weathering and spooky markings to just go Death Trooper if you like zombies

Anyone using these kits for special types of troopers or everyone just going shiny?

Nobody is using them for anything yet, because nobody has them.

if its as bad as parts outright snapped. you could do hardcore weathering and spooky markings to just go Death Trooper if you like zombies

I like zombies, but not in my Star Wars. Unless they're Force ghosts. I'm weird like that.

Edited by Astyanax
  • Like 2

I plan to keep my a'vos as shiny as a Death Star TK, and to let my ATA weather naturally; that helmet is pretty scratched-up, and the chest plate has a nick in it, so it has potential to get promoted to a sandy. If you get an a'vos kit with a sandy build in mind, you'd want to get the helmet as a kit or at least unpainted. (Anyone ask them about doing a sandy helmet?) I'm excited to see the lining of the completed helmets and if the hardhat straps are comfortable or easily removable. So close!

I'm excited to get my Shadowtrooper. With Rogue One coming out next year it will be perfect timing.

I couldn't resist and got 1 of each. Now we impatiently wait for them to ship. But all indications are it's coming soon, next few weeks.

-Eric

Darth Aloha the wise has spoken! Still no word of that mysterious friend who had received confirmation of his OT TK being shipped... I wish it was true but another false alarm! It this rate when it really does start shipping, no one will believe it