Anovos TK armor preorder

If anyone thinks this is a long wait for the kits, spare a thought for those of use who had to wait for a TE helmet or suit. Now that was a experience. Mind you it was worth it, he always did make a great suit.

I'm glad yours was worth it. Mine was a pile of shucks. Lol it looked like it had been kicking around Matts garage for the 2 1/2 years I waited for it to arrive! Hahahaha........I ordered 2 helmets a set for stun and a Rotj the Rotj arrived with a split in it and the SFS was never sent and the armour was assembled with gallons of superglue. My 2 year old daughter (at the time) could have done better.

• Like 1

You could compare this to an opening investment in a product. If the product isn't offered yet, the company isn't going to begin production until it knows it will cover the startup costs and no go negative by making the product. Do you know anyone who wants to sell something to LOSE money? That would be a poor business plan. Our pre-orders were meant to cover the startup cost of making the kit. We were informed well ahead of time that there would be a significant wait in turn for the initial investment at such a low price.

An interest free loan.

I'm glad yours was worth it. Mine was a pile of shucks. Lol it looked like it had been kicking around Matts garage for the 2 1/2 years I waited for it to arrive! Hahahaha........I ordered 2 helmets a set for stun and a Rotj the Rotj arrived with a split in it and the SFS was never sent and the armour was assembled with gallons of superglue. My 2 year old daughter (at the time) could have done better.

I didn't realize that Anovos did ROTJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone postet these on facebook in the anovos building kit group. He sais he took the photos at the disney launch bay.

If this is really the anovos helmet, why does it have bubble lenses?

We covered these a couple of pages back. You should read those posts.

I also commented on the SLD boards concerning Anovos and the long wait time and missed deadlines for most of their products. <br><br>

The difference between them and most of our armorers is that they are a legitimate company with a license. That raised expectations considering we can give individuals working on their spare time more slack if they fall behind. <br><br>

Meanwhile with the price point yes it's an incredible deal hence why so many of us, myself included, ordered this kit. But we can't say they're losing money as they did outsource production to China. Perhaps it is cynical of me, but I wouldn't be quick to say they are losing massive amounts of money. Nor am I calling for them to reveal any numbers. Much like everything in this thread it's speculation. <br><br>

And that's all we can really do right? I mean if people have issues with us speculating left and right then welcome to the Internet. That's over half of what people do when they log on! :P I'm not attackig anyone nor anything, I'm just a tad cynical but at the same time I'm optimistic that this will be an opportunity for many to suit up like many of us have and I look forward to help out.

• Like 1

but I wouldn't be quick to say they are losing massive amounts of money.

I don't think that's what was meant. More they have cut them selves out of $300/$200 of profit by offering the 1st 2 tiers. That said without the preorder I doubt they could have tooled up to be able to order it at $650 at all.

The malfiecence I find with ANOVOS thus far is their logic behind shipping orders of tier 1 buyers first, their 2 second and so forth, claiming that people who waited longer deserve their purchases earlier. That in my opinion is complete bull. The only difference that should matter is who got the discounted price or not. As a company they should just ship all orders whenever the resources are available. If you look at their Instagram or Facebook pages, people are non stop berating them for this issue, and for being late in shipping overall.

The malfiecence I find with ANOVOS thus far is their logic behind shipping orders of tier 1 buyers first, their 2 second and so forth, claiming that people who waited longer deserve their purchases earlier. That in my opinion is complete bull. The only difference that should matter is who got the discounted price or not. As a company they should just ship all orders whenever the resources are available. If you look at their Instagram or Facebook pages, people are non stop berating them for this issue, and for being late in shipping overall.

You have (an estimated) 2-5000 orders queued up. Some people ordered in May and now have to start to ship them in December. Other than the order that you took the orders I cannot think of a better or fairer way to dispatch kits. The only real exception is if they run out of a certain size of soft parts, that shouldn't hold up other orders whilst they restock but I would bet real money the hold up here will be assembly of the bucket and belt components.

The original advert said "winter". Winter pretty much runs to about Feb/March ish so they still have months to ship. Also preorders are often late, if you expected anything else you were doomed to disappointment.

Constantly harassing them via FB/email/twitter about "it's late" isn't either factual or helpful. It will ship when it ships, let them do their job. They said they are about to ship, at least wait and see if they have been honest.

• Like 7

I think everyone should take a chill pill and clam down. How important is it for a grown man to run around in white plastic FFS. Lol

I think it's more a matter of "how important is it to get something for the 3-600 dollars you threw at a company" which has a VERY different answer.

The malfiecence I find with ANOVOS thus far is their logic behind shipping orders of tier 1 buyers first, their 2 second and so forth, claiming that people who waited longer deserve their purchases earlier. That in my opinion is complete bull.

You've never heard of "first come, first served"? You must be an only child.

• Like 1

The only real exception is if they run out of a certain size of soft parts, that shouldn't hold up other orders whilst they restock but I would bet real money the hold up here will be assembly of the bucket and belt components.

Totally agree here. Frankly, I'd rather they slowed down and not rush the assembly. I'd like mine done correctly, and not rushed. As Mathias said, anyone who can't wait is going to have a very frustrating time with this hobby.

Edited by Astyanax
  • Like 2

Guys!? Star Wars!

Please stop the name calling and the negativity. This thread is as easily lockable as it is to attack each other.

One more personal snipe and it gets locked. 

-Eric

• Like 5

Thanks Eric for the reality check, and I apologize Caleb. No meanness was intended. Emotions are high because I suspect we're all nervous about how this is going to turn out as we come down to shipping. I have faith that our patience will be rewarded. We could be getting the first "proper" licensed TK, and that's an exciting prospect!

• Like 2

I think my set for stun helmet was great even though I had to wait seven months (at least I got mine).  I never went for the Rotj suit (that was 2009, I think?) and if I remember this was the period when he fell fell from grace.  I have no doubt this Anovos suit will be worth the wait and at least people can return it if then are not happy.

Edited by mods1965

Someone postet these on facebook in the anovos building kit group. He sais he took the photos at the disney launch bay.

If this is really the anovos helmet, why does it have bubble lenses?

8ac08c759ccda8bbd44da6ab7b775286.jpg

I saw these at Launch Bay and I am pretty sure these were pre-production units.

I also got the email with Captain Phasma and they look awesome. My wife was ready to order one until she saw the $650 price. Wow, that is almost double what we paid for the entire Classic TK. Too much money in my opinion.

Allow me to bring some positivism to these proceedings guys!

Maybe I'm reading too much into this but hey, fun little thing I just saw. A shipping update will be sent soon according to Anovos.

9ca292a1f8c0a3ab9eee9c0bad3dd59a.jpg

What's the last time they used the term "shipping update"? I'm glad you asked, see below!

6ec59e502b1332c6e0f6b38828f80cc4.jpg

SOON!!!

Edited by =Sv3=
  • Like 2