Anovos TK armor preorder

When it comes to the games, it seems to be the characters/costumes that are revered as Canon - unless it is a story driven game. Battlefront is not a story given game. Really it is only the Battle of Jakku that is a Canon event, and obviously, even that is not going to be a concrete event, as either side can win it during gameplay, but with the movie references, it will be very clear as to the outcome in the Canon.

As for the appearance of characters in costumes that don't quite jive with the environments, I think that is all just part of the game design choice, to ensure that the "Hero" characters are visible and identifiable on the battlefield. Believe me, if Luke came running out into the battle on Hoth wearing his Hoth gear, you'd never be able to find him unless he lit up the saber. Luke always appears in his ROTJ Throne Room attire, Han always appears as if he's just arrived at Cloud City. I believe it is just for consistency to aid the game players that it is done that way. The game is a lot of fun though. :)

I've met with the developers of Battlefront at DICE and the way the characters look is most certainly a game design decision rather than "being canon". Yes, they definitely tried to make it feel and look as much star wars as possible, but good game design (from a playability aspect) always comes first. Pauldrons on non-sandtroopers are for example not a new canon, but a way to tell the player to watch out because that enemy is more powerful than the generic stormtrooper.

• Like 2

But the 501st doesn't judge. Just me. ;) But I'm not paying $1K-$2K for a costume that isn't clearly canon. I just don't fully get the shadow trooper interest, other than the fact that it is so very different from your typical white trooper and can draw some extra attention. That might go away when the Phasmas start popping up. So give me a traditional TK and I'll be giddy. :D

But then again, smiling kids at your latest troop don't care what's canon, do they? :)

Shadow troopers came from the newspaper strips out before star was was even filmed back in the 70's as far as I am aware. They just weren't in the films as of yet.

Guys, are you aware this is the Anovos TK-Armour thread and not the "is Battlefront canon thread"? This thread is partly straying off anyway, but your out of topic discussion about the game being canon or not is from another galaxy.

Why not opening another thread about the canon topic? Maybe one of the admins would be so kind and put your comments about it over there?

I'm neither trying to offend anyone or being offended myself, but its hard reading if you trying to follow the original topic and it gets hijacked by off-topic discussions.

Also, there may be others on this board not interested in the Anovos TK-Armour, but in Battlefront and itrs impact on the StarWars Universe. Therefore a thread of its own would also include more people to partake.

Edited by WhiteNight
  • Like 3

Guys, are you aware this is the Anovos TK-Armour thread and not the "is Battlefront canon thread"? This thread is partly straying off anyway, but your out of topic discussion about the game being canon or not is from another galaxy.

Why not opening another thread about the canon topic? Maybe one of the admins would be so kind and put your comments about it over there?

I'm neither trying to offend anyone or being offended myself, but its hard reading if you trying to follow the original topic and it gets hijacked by off-topic discussions.

Also, there may be others on this board not interested in the Anovos TK-Armour, but in Battlefront and itrs impact on the StarWars Universe. Therefore a thread of its own would also include more people to partake.

Good point! To be fair though, it's been pretty light in terms of news... I expected to have a better idea by now of the final product. But hey, if their priority is to ship ASAP thus explaining the lack of communication, well that's ok I guess! Edited by =Sv3=

My bad, sorry about that. Let see, back on track...we know the kits are on their way (if not already arrived) to the ANOVOS warehouse...they just need to be repackaged, soft parts included, instructions, helmet assembly...yeah, that's a lot.

Who will be the first person to start a build thread with a brown box? :D I ordered in April myself...

Edited by Astyanax

I'm constantly refreshing this thread in hopes that someone gets some news. I know we will get emails regarding shipment but until then anticipation is crazy! Especially since this is my first kit I cannot wait. I think I am refreshing my email inbox every 30 minutes naturally on my phone to check and see if there's something from ANOVOS

Edited by E-Ren89
  • Like 1

I'm constantly refreshing this thread in hopes that someone gets some news. I know we will get emails regarding shipment but until then anticipation is crazy! Especially since this is my first kit I cannot wait. I think I am refreshing my email inbox every 30 minutes naturally on my phone to check and see if there's something from ANOVOS

Typically there is a waiting period while incoming goods pass through customs and then, as I understand it, kits need to have the individual sized soft goods inserted. I wouldn't count on Christmas delivery, although some folks *might* get some before January 1.

Typically there is a waiting period while incoming goods pass through customs and then, as I understand it, kits need to have the individual sized soft goods inserted. I wouldn't count on Christmas delivery, although some folks *might* get some before January 1.

You had better stop that filthy talk! LOL!

I will be setting up my tent and camping out in the front yard from now until the 18th waiting for the Brown Truck to come around the corner with my Christmas present from ANOVOS.  :smiley-sw013:

• Like 1

You had better stop that filthy talk! LOL!

I will be setting up my tent and camping out in the front yard from now until the 18th waiting for the Brown Truck to come around the corner with my Christmas present from ANOVOS. :smiley-sw013:

I'm starting to think he's right though. If any TK were to be in our hands this month, they would have sent us some sort of final update or something, don't you think?

I, for one, won't be camping on the front yard waiting for my BBB because one, I live in an apartment complex so forget the front yard and two I'm in Canada, I'd rather not freeze to death, thank you!!!

• Like 2

Or they could ship them then notify us. Would be an easy way to say sorry they are not what you expected but you had to cancel your order before they shipped. Either way, I can't wait..

58908495.jpg

BTW: It is great camping weather here in So. Cal. at the moment. On Saturday I will be at the Launch Bay and I am sure they will be willing to give me one of the ones they have there as soon as I show my ANOVOS receipt.

Edited by mikidymac

Or they could ship them then notify us. Would be an easy way to say sorry they are not what you expected but you had to cancel your order before they shipped. Either way, I can't wait, "the suspense is killing me i hope it lasts" - Wonka.

58908495.jpg

BTW: It is great camping weather here in So. Cal. at the moment. On Saturday I will be at the Launch Bay and I am sure they will be willing to give me one of the ones they have there as soon as I show my ANOVOS receipt.

I would freak out if they did that. l ordered one week after the preorder started so I hope I'll be in the first batch of shipping... I'm so tired of looking out for updates

Since I have too much time on my hands, here's what I found on Twitter :

post-23507-144971436158_thumb.jpg

Soooooo... Update soon but no shipping until the end of December. Anyone holding their breath for shipping in 2015?

Let's hope this is not the start of their infamous "shipping delay spiral of doom"!!!

• Like 1

Soooooo... Update soon but no shipping until the end of December. Anyone holding their breath for shipping in 2015?

Let's hope this is not the start of their infamous "shipping delay spiral of doom"!!!

I just hope all yall who ordered in May will be receiving soon.. I gave up hope up that mine will come this month since they originally said Late November/Early December... I ordered in September, so I probably have a while before it shows up.

Edited by T K

Yeah I got mine May 2nd and confirmed I was in the tier 1 shipping. I was really looking forward to working on this project this month. I guess I cant argue with the deal they sold these for. But it's a bummer to hear that it is looking like it's delayed than initially announced.

Looks like "bottom half of December" is now "late December." Not that bothered personally. If this is true, then it's only the first delay we've had on the kits. If this were the third or fourth delay..then I would be more concerned.

I say patience.

• Like 1

I'd already given up seeing my kit this year due to being tier 2 and also having to wait for it to clear UK customs, and was hoping for January. Now I am starting to wonder if it will even be February. I'm not overly surprised by this but disappointing non the less.

My belief is that there are likely a few more delays to be had, as I highly doubt ANOVOS is going to do any packing/shipping "themselves". They'll be using a Product Fulfillment Center, located someplace "else" in the world, that will configure the packages and do the shipping. That Center won't know anything about stormtrooper armor...they'll only know what they've been contracted to do by Anovos, and Anovos has to have their ducks in a row in terms of all of the SOP's, pack-out combinations, materials lists, etc...and getting the order lists, etc. over to them. That means another hand-off of product, order lists, pack configuration details...effectively a whole new process to be debugged just to get stuff shipped. Anovos should be there to oversee that initial ramp, but issues still come up.

I expected the theoretical release for December/January, and the delivery 1-2 months later.<br><br>

So they are still perfect on target.<br><br>

Believing to have them, maybe even build, for ep 7 release was ridicuolous from the start.

Exactly my thoughts, too. I expect delivery in february to be the earliest dispatch, but it would not even surprise me if it would then take 1-2 months more for tier 1.

@All those new to TK-armour-building: Have patience my young Padawa... I mean Troopers to be! ;) We know how you feel, because we felt the same at some point when we were awaiting our first kit. But know this: It will be worth it! ( imagine Jedi/Sith mindtrick gesture) :yoda:

Edited by WhiteNight

We are all excited and I for one had hoped it would arrive before the movie premier so I could at least wear the bucket and boots. That being said I am sure it will not happen and was never promised by Anovos so I am ok with enjoying my Christmas then having a second Christmas morning when the brown boxes finally arrive.

• Like 1