Anovos TK armor preorder

Honestly, I think that the belt and TD issues have been made clear and don't need to be discussed much more. TD will pass basic approval, but will need modification to pass EIB or Centurion. The belt is inaccurate and either needs to be replaced or modified to qualify for any level of approval.

What I'm more worried about are the actual qualities of the armor. We've seen very, very sharp pulls thus far, and my understanding is that that level of detail may cause the thickness and quality of the ABS to plummet. Should we be worried about the armor being too fragile to troop in? At that level of detail (which is sort of unprecedented, as far as I know) are we going to have to worry much about reinforcing our armor? Structural issues are much more important to me than accuracy in this situation. Durability is kind of the biggest deal in terms of trooping (from my understanding) and, as others have said, the kids aren't going to know or care. So let's collectively move on from ragging on the TD and belt and talk about things that could actually be real issues. I certainly don't want thousands of new members to join up with armor that breaks down after the first troop.

I've recently seen (which I had no idea about) the thread for a 1mm TM armor build. It looks amazing, and that must be the thinnest abs one could use.

It was stated that it was't as fragile as people would think.

Edited by Ryth_

Structural issues are much more important to me than accuracy in this situation. Durability is kind of the biggest deal in terms of trooping (from my understanding) and, as others have said, the kids aren't going to know or care. 

I plan on using fiberglass to back any parts that need a little extra strength. It's a cheap and very effective way to fix thin spots. 

• Like 1

Honestly, I think that the belt and TD issues have been made clear and don't need to be discussed much more. TD will pass basic approval, but will need modification to pass EIB or Centurion. The belt is inaccurate and either needs to be replaced or modified to qualify for any level of approval.

What I'm more worried about are the actual qualities of the armor. We've seen very, very sharp pulls thus far, and my understanding is that that level of detail may cause the thickness and quality of the ABS to plummet. Should we be worried about the armor being too fragile to troop in? At that level of detail (which is sort of unprecedented, as far as I know) are we going to have to worry much about reinforcing our armor? Structural issues are much more important to me than accuracy in this situation. Durability is kind of the biggest deal in terms of trooping (from my understanding) and, as others have said, the kids aren't going to know or care. So let's collectively move on from ragging on the TD and belt and talk about things that could actually be real issues. I certainly don't want thousands of new members to join up with armor that breaks down after the first troop.

Way too early to tell IMO.. You'd need to have the actual WFBSORNTACP armor in you're hands to be able to determine whether or not thickness will be an issue...

I plan on using fiberglass to back any parts that need a little extra strength. It's a cheap and very effective way to fix thin spots.

If it came down to it I was thinking about skipping fiberglass and just going straight to bondo-ing up the inside of the higher-stress areas. I don't know what that would do to the natural flexibility of the plastic, though.

I'm encouraged by the idea of 1mm plastic being sturdy enough to troop in, but my understanding is also that TM uses exceptionally high-quality materials, and if the quality of the ANOVOS plastic is lower than the quality of the plastic used by TM... I'm just worried that the armor will be too fragile, as I'm sure I've made apparent. Any other expert opinions? I just don't know enough about plastic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

You could reinforce it with inner cover strips as well.. Everyone else is doing that. You use the same abs

that follows your kit.

I've got 2mm abs, and did this only on shins and some other parts. It works!

echo?

Edited by Ryth_

You could reinforce it with inner cover strips as well.. Everyone else is doing that. You use the same abs

that follows your kit.

I've got 2mm abs, and did this only on shins and some other parts. It works!

echo?

Well that's an idea! Alright, I've been put at ease, I think.

By the way, I keep seeing people say "echo." What does that mean?

Well that's an idea! Alright, I've been put at ease, I think.

By the way, I keep seeing people say "echo." What does that mean?

Repeating the same comment or question or phrase or etc.

This thread reminds me of an STD, the gift that keeps giving  :laugh1:

Alright it's a sick joke, still funny though

Repeating the same comment or question or phrase or etc.

This thread reminds me of an STD, the gift that keeps giving  :laugh1:

Alright it's a sick joke, still funny though

Tony gave me forum herpes.

-Eric

• Like 2

my main concern with the kit is how thin the ABS looks. It would have to be pretty thin to get details that crisp. My concern is durability. Is this kit going to snap after 2 or 3 troops??
(sorry if I'm echoing, haven't looked through the thread)

• Like 1

my main concern with the kit is how thin the ABS looks. It would have to be pretty thin to get details that crisp. My concern is durability. Is this kit going to snap after 2 or 3 troops??

(sorry if I'm echoing, haven't looked through the thread)

It's alright Tasha just having fun, echo away!  ;)

I was waiting for that response. I got the same message the last time I commented in this thread. The blind leading the blind.

Over and out! Move along......

What a Debbie Downer!  Ragging on the process and Armor and you haven't even seen the first one in person

First of all thanks for the "cute white fluffy bunnies sitting on rainbow next to a cute puppy."-modification that really made my day! :laugh1:

Second when compared to the pics we got until now, I see some very detailed crystal clear parts, which is a good thing! I agree with Paul the pulling process does look not that professional. On the other hand we do not know in which stage of production these vids were made, maybe they did learn by doing. In the end as a customer I do not care that much about the pulling process but the final product.

To compare a totally new armourer to the established elite we know for years and even worse to FX by just looking at the pics and vids is a little odd to me. What the pics do tell me is this armour is leagues apart from FX and will somewhat raise the standards for those who got it cheap, especially our newcomers. Its true ranking among other types of armour in terms of quality and durability is yet to be seen. In the end it all depends on the builder and how he approaches his armour build.

...each kit thay sell, will another (old vetted) not sell...

Not necessarily. I think it's a fallacy for a vetted maker to assume that ANOVOS is taking away all the sales. What I think it happening is that ANOVOS is snapping up all the cheapskates (like me). Someone with a bigger budget is still far, far more likely to go with a vetted armor maker than ANOVOS, I would think. Remember, the original $350 includes a bunch of soft parts and accessories (undersuit, gloves, neck seal, belt, holster, TD clips), which, if you were to get those all separately, makes the armor seem almost free. This brings in a bunch of potential troopers that wouldn't have spent their money with a vetted armor maker anyway.

Say what you will about the price helping filter out those who are only casually interested, it's more fair to say that ANOVOS is "making" troopers, rather than "stealing" them from other armorers. At least they were when the price was lower. I suspect the price may even go up further.

Although I will say there's one potential big advantage, as a newbie: the pre-built helmet. I know a lot of you like to tinker with your helmets as they're being built, and again, as a newbie, that's the scariest part that I won't have to build. I may be wrong about this, but the vetted armor makers could potentially become more competitive if they offered certain individual parts like this pre-built...not sure...

Edited by Astyanax

And as far as the webbing goes, even if they don't have a QC at the factory in China (which we don't even know), I suppose those pieces get sorted out back at Anovos when they pack things up for individual shipping. It might be good enough for the average chinese worker, but not for the guys who have a license to lose.

Edited by Revyl
  • Like 1

And as far as the webbing goes, even if they don't have a QC at the factory in China (which we don't even know), I suppose those pieces get sorted out back at Anovos when they pack things up for individual shipping. It might be good enough for the average chinese worker, but not for the guys who have a license to lose.

No comment  ;)