Anovos TK armor preorder

Sooooo... Here's the ab and cod piece. What do you guys think?

attachicon.gifFB_IMG_1446386747735.jpg

I think it looks really strange and sanitized. Some angles are too sharp or at the wrong angle, and some details are missing. Like the missing dimple in the circle inside the ab box and the cut in the 4-button plate not being deep enough.

Edited by Locitus

I think it looks really strange and sanitized. Some angles are too sharp or at the wrong angle, and some details are missing. Like the dimple in the circle inside the ab box and the cut in the 4-button plate not being deep enough.

They got the middle line off centre which is pretty cool. I wonder what the thickness of plastic is. The details look very sharp

They got the middle line off centre which is pretty cool. I wonder what the thickness of plastic is. The details look very sharp

That's cool. And it looks sharp. The thing is, it's too sharp.

Which calls to the type/thickness of plastic used. Thin plastics can give very sharp details, so will the armour hold up well to trooping and general wear and tear?

That or they have excellent vac-forming. Hope to see a build of the full amour soon.

• Like 1

I think it looks really strange and sanitized. Some angles are too sharp or at the wrong angle, and some details are missing. Like the dimple in the circle inside the ab box and the cut in the 4-button plate not being deep enough.

yeah, now I see it too. Also, is it supposed to be that twisted?

I love watching this thread and all the speculations that fly around and knowing not a single piece of armor, besides whats been shown at cons, has been seen or shipped lol

• Like 4

I love watching this thread and all the speculations that fly around and knowing not a single piece of armor, besides whats been shown at cons, has been seen or shipped lol

If you don't comment on the protoypes, there's no feedback before production runs, no?

• Like 3

ANOVOS has made it very clear, at ANY time they can change what they want, this means how it's made, what it's made with and when we're going to get it.

Again, why comment on something that may change tomorrow regardless of the comments placed here. In my opinion this is corporate advertising at it's finest. 

I personally wouldn't call criticism advertisement. And if my comments helps newbies learn some of the details to look for when comparing any armour to originals, then that's worth it too.

• Like 1

I personally wouldn't call criticism advertisement. And if my comments helps newbies learn some of the details to look for when comparing any armour to originals, then that's worth it too.

I agree with you regarding educating new and future troopers, that's not what I was referring to and I think you know that. Some of the ruckus (speculation hype) on this thread is just humorous and at times borderline hilarious. I've spoken with a few future ANOVOS customers that are a bit freaked out because of all the "what if's" circulating this thread, unnecessary in my opinion, and I am entitled to my opinion aren't I?

If educating the masses is your/our goal may I suggest we stick to data that is current and factual, not what's open to interpretation.

Just sayin

Commenting on the latest published picture from them is sticking to current data.

Of course everything can change. And I certainly hope it will, too. Because what I've seen so far is not good enough to warrant the full price they will be asking for.

• Like 1

Commenting on the latest published picture from them is sticking to current data.

Of course everything can change. And I certainly hope it will, too. Because what I've seen so far is not good enough to warrant the full price they will be asking for.

Warrant the full price? Who knows though I'll tell you this, if the TFA armor is any indication of quality vs $, anyone of our current vetted builder's armor is just a good, if not superior to ANOVOS built TK. The ONLY reason the majority of customers, myself included purchase the ANOVOS TK was because of the introductory pricing.

If ANOVOS was the only way to get a TK/TD/etc. and there were no more vetted builders, I couldn't afford buying a kit at their full retail price. Personally, I hope some of our vetted builders get the opportunity to make some TFA armor here soon. 

If ANOVOS was the only way to get a TK/TD/etc. and there were no more vetted builders, I couldn't afford buying a kit at their full retail price. Personally, I hope some of our vetted builders get the opportunity to make some TFA armor here soon. 

Regarding the TFA, I'd be surprised to see that happen without Disney slapping a "you pay us royalties" or "cease & desist" letter. Trying to stay positive though 

Warrant the full price? Who knows though I'll tell you this, if the TFA armor is any indication of quality vs $, anyone of our current vetted builder's armor is just a good, if not superior to ANOVOS built TK. The ONLY reason the majority of customers, myself included purchase the ANOVOS TK was because of the introductory pricing.

It sounds like you thought of me as an anovos fan-boy. That's very far from the truth.

Regarding the TFA, I'd be surprised to see that happen without Disney slapping a "you pay us royalties" or "cease & desist" letter. Trying to stay positive though 

I'd like to remain positive and optimistic. I really want a TFA Tie pilot 

• Like 2

It sounds like you thought of me as an anovos fan-boy. That's very far from the truth.

:laugh1:  Me thinking you're a ANOVOS fan boy is even farther from the truth. There must be a language barrier here.  

I think it looks really strange and sanitized. Some angles are too sharp or at the wrong angle, and some details are missing. Like the missing dimple in the circle inside the ab box and the cut in the 4-button plate not being deep enough.

I see what you mean. I'm looking at it and an RS side to side and the Anovos looks much sharper and cleaner. It's almost like someone redoing a hand drawn logo using a computer. Everything is a bit square, as you said "sanitized". I'm ok with it for 350$, as long as it meets at least basic approval, looks the part and stands up well for trooping.

I see what you mean. I'm looking at it and an RS side to side and the Anovos looks much sharper and cleaner. It's almost like someone redoing a hand drawn logo using a computer. Everything is a bit square, as you said "sanitized". I'm ok with it for 350$, as long as it meets at least basic approval, looks the part and stands up well for trooping.

As long as you paid $350 for it. For the full price they are asking now that the pre-order is over, I think it's too much for a sanitized version.