Anovos TK armor preorder

So are they doing a hero bucket??

Nope, his words were : "we're going with the hero configuration solely for the belt, as that's what has been approved by the licensor."

So, Stunt helmet but Hero belt as per Disney approval. We're gonna have to science the sh*t out of this! Or buy a new belt and holster.

Also, it comes already assembled so it might not be too easy to fix depending on the assembly method...

• Like 1

Nope, his words were : "we're going with the hero configuration solely for the belt, as that's what has been approved by the licensor."

So, Stunt helmet but Hero belt as per Disney approval. We're gonna have to science the sh*t out of this! Or buy a new belt and holster.

Also, it comes already assembled so it might not be too easy to fix depending on the assembly method...

I sincerely hope they reconsider, because that alone is enough reason to disqualify this kit for even basic 501st acceptance.

http://www.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_anh_stunt

Holster

For 501st approval:

•Holster is made of black leather or leather-like material.

•Holster is worn on left side of belt and is attached via two leather or leather-like material straps to the belt from behind instead of front.

◦No loops cover the outside of the belt.

The holster is affixed with only two fasteners at the bottom (one per strap).

◦The fasteners may be rivets, snaps, or Chicago screws.

Any kit is worthy of approval with enough work. No kit can be approved fresh out of the box.

We knew we'd have to work with somewhat imperfect materials, and this is the first real negative we've seen to this kit. You should be able to remove the holster and replace it with a stunt holster without too much damage to the belt, and if I'm wrong about that we still only have to buy a new holster and canvas belt, both of which are very readily available here on the FISD.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I've tried to think of justifications for the hero holster with an otherwise stunt kit and the only thing I can think of is that the hero holster got approved because the four fasteners seem more sturdy than two fasteners.

I think you're right. There seems to be great concern with safety during the approval process. Especially since Disney seems so risk averse regarding that. I can't say I blame them with people throwing lawsuits left and right these days!

So, kind of a bummer but it can be worked out.

Edited by =Sv3=

Makes me think this: http://www.rspropmasters.com/product/accurate-assembly-bundle/

Plus a trooper bay holster may not be a bad idea...

If the holster is good, you'd only really need a new canvas belt as the extra holes in the holster strap wouldn't show since it's under the belt. Maybe you can even salvage the canvas belt, who knows? Yeah, it kinda sucks they're going this way and that it will need extra work but it's workable...

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the October Anovos newsletter:

Welcome to Update #4, Troopers!

As we move ever closer to the highly-anticipated shipping date, we wanted to make sure that everyone has the correct shipping address on record BEFORE the first boxes begin moving. This is CRITICAL as returned or lost items are extremely difficult to handle.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR ADDRESS CHANGE:

You can verify the shipping address we have on record by going to http://www.anovos.com/account/login or, if you don't have an ANOVOS.com account, please refer to your email receipt.

Anyone with an address change MUST email us at support@anovos.com with “TK ADDRESS CHANGE” in the subject line. Please provide:

1. Your order number(s).

2. Your original shipment address.

3. Your NEW shipment address.

Please note that due to some last-minute adjustments in the moulds, final packaging and Disney/LFL testing requirements, our estimated delivery dates have been shifted back slightly. We are still on target for freight-on-board (a.k.a. "FOB") for the items to ship from our manufacturer in November and to our fulfillment center for dispatch to you in December. That said, the holidays often bring high volume in trade ports as well, so we are hoping that customs clearances and freight transit time does not further delay product delivery. We want these troopers in action as much as you do, but please understand there are no guarantees for either a movie premier or a Holiday delivery.

We are planning to ship the Stormtrooper kits out in the order that they were purchased---so those who jumped on board with Tier 1 in April 2015 should be seeing their deliveries first. Due to the high volume of shipments, deliveries may likely continue through January 2016 or later. Of course, we’ll do our absolute best to get them out quickly...you might even say we shall double our efforts!

Meanwhile, because many of you have purchased the armor in economical DIY kit form, we highly recommend that you check out the Tested.com “how to” video series that is using some of our Shadow Stormtrooper prototype armor to demonstrate the basics to armor-building. Part Two is now online and covers things like trimming, sanding, snaps and velcro.

We’re getting more information directly from the factories on a daily basis now, so we hope to have a BONUS update for you soon. In the meantime, here’s a peek at some armor samples fresh off the assembly line (note that this is not final packaging):

anovos-10-15.jpg

Thank you again for your continued support...we’re almost there! Be sure to ‘like’ our Facebook page at facebook.com/anovos, follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/anovos, and on Instagram at instagram.com/anovos.

For the Empire!
Team ANOVOS
  • Like 1

Stop worrying about the Stunt Helmet/Hero belt configuration. This is perfectly screen-accurate after all:

med_gallery_12157_11_742924.jpg

med_gallery_12157_11_57601.jpg

Yeah, if you find a single GMO, who thinks the same. I had to get me another belt for the very same reason: 4 rivets instead of 2! Remember you have to specify which TK you're building. Crossovers are not allowed...

Edited by WhiteNight

Yeah, if you find a single GMO, who thinks the same. I had to get me another belt for the very same reason: 4 rivets instead of 2! Remember you have to specify which TK you're building. Crossovers are not allowed...

Don't start me on that! This is so stupid...

Great! I don't know much as I'm pretty new at this but it does look very sharp. I know some were concerned with accuracy but it looks accurate too, doesn't it?

Why not making your own opinion about it, rather than waiting to hear from others ;)?

Original ANH:

gallery_12157_16_24454.jpg

Hi there mates! Just a question in regards to the helmet being a stunt helmet: Is possible to modify the stunt helmet into a hero helmet by possibly using a filler to fill the extra tooth on the frown and repaint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there mates! Just a question in regards to the helmet being a stunt helmet: Is possible to modify the stunt helmet into a hero helmet by possibly using a filler to fill the extra tooth on the frown and repaint?

Absolutely. If you search the forum you will find people who have done this mod before. And instead of filler, you can even use heat to soften the ABS and push the unwanted teeth from the inside to remove them.

One of the many example:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26792-hero-frown-and-bicep-question-ap/

Absolutely. If you search the forum you will find people who have done this mod before. And instead of filler, you can even use heat to soften the ABS and push the unwanted teeth from the inside to remove them.

One of the many example:

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26792-hero-frown-and-bicep-question-ap/

I knew it had to be here on the FISD somewhere - cheers mate and thank-you kindly!