Anovos TK armor preorder

How did people get coupons? I never got one with my TK preorder. But they are expired now? Id definitely grab a TIE or TFA helm if I had one.

I got mine through the Anovos storm trooper build page. They are being passed around.

How did people get coupons? I never got one with my TK preorder. But they are expired now? Id definitely grab a TIE or TFA helm if I had one.

It depended on how early you jumped in on the pre order.  I was the point man in my group, and ordered 5 sets.  No coupons for us.  But we got the best possible pricing, so theres that I guess.

The coupon thing started with orders in mid-June and people have been generally using it to "pay it forward." This is a good place to look: https://www.facebook.com/groups/838545079553903/

i've been out of the anovos tk loop for a few months. sooo is it worth the 700.00 (adding to the nearest hundred for a cushion just in case something happens) to order and build and speaking of builds is there a page for the anovos armor build and armor approval? if this is in the wrong place feel free to delete it or whatever.

To be perfectly honest with you, the low cost of the Anovos kit was the most attractive part of the deal. At this point we don't know a whole lot of specific details about it and there are cheaper kits from vetted vendors that we know EVERYTHING about that you might be better off with. The only attractive parts of the kit now are the fact that it comes with a completed helmet and all the soft about except for the boots. That being said, we don't know much about their soft armor and it might come out as pretty low-quality stuff. There was also some talk of having to redo the belt, but I don't know enough about that to say.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

To be perfectly honest with you, the low cost of the Anovos kit was the most attractive part of the deal. At this point we don't know a whole lot of specific details about it and there are cheaper kits from vetted vendors that we know EVERYTHING about that you might be better off with. The only attractive parts of the kit now are the fact that it comes with a completed helmet and all the soft about except for the boots. That being said, we don't know much about their soft armor and it might come out as pretty low-quality stuff. There was also some talk of having to redo the belt, but I don't know enough about that to say.

Hello, what are some cheaper vetted sellers? Im considering the Anovos kit. Whats holding me back is that they say their suit is for more of a Mesomorph body type. Im probably more of a Endomorph and am at the minimum height, at 5'8.

Anyone know a vendor that sells kits that would maybe fit my body type better?

Hello, what are some cheaper vetted sellers? Im considering the Anovos kit. Whats holding me back is that they say their suit is for more of a Mesomorph body type. Im probably more of a Endomorph and am at the minimum height, at 5'8.

I think ATA is cheaper but you'd have to buy the soft parts on top so I don't think there really are much cheaper kits... A TK isn't cheap, that's a fact!

The biggest difference IMO is with vetted makers, you know what you're getting, which is the problem with Anovos, too much unknown. I wouldn't worry too much about body type, worst case scenario you'd have to shim, which plenty of people have done in the past.

One thing about vetted makers is that most of them have a waiting list, so depending of which option you choose, you could be looking at a few months before getting your hands on it. Then again, Anovos has yet to ship a single armor!

• Like 1

I can't always remember, but I believe that most people say that TM is the best for people who have body shapes that don't fit into such a rigid set of criteria. I think it's been discussed here earlier, but seeing as there are over 1,000 posts in this thread I don't blame you if you don't want to go through every post. If I were you I'd check out the "getting started" section and find the "various types of armor and where to find them" thread and check there. I'd post a link but I'm on mobile.

Hey Will, besides ANOVOS any of the vetted armor builders in North America will work, not to say European armor won't work it's just twice the price and might be a more of a hassle in the long run.

Just to be clear most armor is built for mesomorph body types because that's screen accurate however, I've built and seen many others build any one of these armors to endomorph scale. Find something you like in your price range and go with it, whether it be ANOVOS or other. There's plenty of us here that will help guide you during your build process.

BTW, I see your from the Inland Empire, I grew up in Riverside, good times back then.

Cheers 

Glad I'm not the only one that's challenged in this regard.  Shortish and stocky with short arms does not make it easy to fit.

You can always cut the foreams and shins shorter by cutting at the wrist and ancle. Thighs too can be shortened by reworking the tops. But that's a little more work than the shins and forearms.

Check out ATA or MTK.  Both offer "affordable", quality kits.

Where is my September update??? Really hoping they make the late November/early December timeline. Just went to a troop with my local 501st and really want to start trooping.

I made a bridge crew costume to hold me over until my Anovos stuff arrives. The black jumpsuits (one to wear, one to use as extra fabric for the pockets) are fairly inexpensive and easy to find, and the modifications aren't too difficult if you have a sewing machine. Add a pair of black boots, a belt, and a hat, and you have a costume that will fit in with your local group without the endless wait for Anovos.

You also have the added benefit of being able to troop in a comfortable costume that doesn't require much time to put on.  :D