Anovos TK armor preorder

What's more interesting it looks like the trooper in the classic TK ad is holding a hyperfirm 

edit: BTW, where this droopydoo E-11 blaster kit you're referring to?

Here is the DoopyDoo's site.. http://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e-11-complete-anh-e-11-blaster-kit-offer-2685-p.asp

and i am also looking at this kit from T-jay who is selling additional parts to complete the kit http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28444-fs-completion-sets-for-e-11-kits-like-doopydoo%E2%80%99s-full-resin-kit-incl-worldwide-shipping-and-paypal/

You and everyone else lol  :laugh1:

Well I love a challenge, as long as it's better than FX I build it to Centurion, what the heck. 

You never know Adam there still may be an extra Sandy bucket for your future, it may not meet SWAT standards but as for deployed, you should be good.

I think the brow looks that low as a result of the way the picture was taken. On the Anovos site, the image straight on shows the brow not quite so low

I don't know if anyone noticed that but you can see that they assembled the armor with black elastics for the shoulder bells... Is that representative of their "strapping system"? Gosh, I wish I was there to ask!!!

post-23507-143655266568_thumb.jpg

I don't know if anyone noticed that but you can see that they assembled the armor with black elastics for the shoulder bells... Is that representative of their "strapping system"? Gosh, I wish I was there to ask!!!

Those could just be to hold it on the display. Where did you find that pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those could just be to hold it on the display. Where did you find that pic?

On a Facebook group for people who bought the Anovos kit. Also, there's some news which should please you guys...

It looks like Anovos has listened to the community and is planning to go back to ABS instead of PVC!

From a SDCC attendee : "I just recieved this comment from Anovos. "Correct! We have listened to fan feedback and presently plan to revert to the original ABS for the armor. More details will be revealed at the ANOVOS panel on Saturday. :)"

It looks like Anovos has listened to the community and is planning to go back to ABS instead of PVC!

From a SDCC attendee : "I just recieved this comment from Anovos. "Correct! We have listened to fan feedback and presently plan to revert to the original ABS for the armor. More details will be revealed at the ANOVOS panel on Saturday. :)"

I'm not sure whether going back to ABS is a good thing.   I liked the idea of a plastic that's resistant to yellowing.

On a Facebook group for people who bought the Anovos kit. Also, there's some news which should please you guys...

What's the name of the group?

Interesting, I'm surprised they switch back. I suspect they found a weakness either in the material or it wasn't cost effective. I could be wrong. 

Odd, they touted how cool it was they were able to demand a special recipe of PVC and they had ordered tons (literally) of it. Now they switch? What about all the pvc they bought?

• Like 2

Skjermbilde%202015-07-10%20kl.%2022.08.3

Also found on their official facebook page.

Is it weird that they have the shadowtrooper on display, but not the TK?

Edited by Ryth_

:laugh1:

ABS.........PVC........ABS

If I was them I'd let the final product do the talking. They were blagging they were using a special recipe of PVC which was superior to anything used by "bootleggers" and now they are using the same as the "Bootleggers" lol.

You can't reinvent the wheel.

If it ain't broke don't fix it is what I say. ABS has worked 38 years why change it now.

Odd, they touted how cool it was they were able to demand a special recipe of PVC and they had ordered tons (literally) of it. Now they switch? What about all the pvc they bought?

Yeah, i don't get it.  I was excited about the PVC personally.  This doesn't really make sense.

With prototyping ANYTHING there can be hiccups. Perhaps the PVC company couldn't make what they said they could. Maybe after the pulls it was determined that to get crisp details the material would have to be too thin,

or it ended up to brittle? Any of dozens of different possibilities could have arisen. ANOVOS might just have made the announcement too early.

Or maybe they really did just get too many emails complaining about the switch.

Who knows.

The first pics of the prototype in black look nice and crisp, and that's a good thing.

:smiley-sw013:

Skjermbilde%202015-07-10%20kl.%2022.08.3

Also found on their official facebook page.

Is it weird that they have the shadowtrooper on display, but not the TK?

Someone in the group said an Anovos rep told him they are completing the TK build behind the curtains at their booth. He said they even showed him the TK being finished he says.

If its ABS or PVC It won't matter to me as long as it doesn't go yellow!.

The manufacturing process of ABS has come along way though so it seems, I was reading an article that basically says the yellowing over time is caused by a fire retardant added to the plastic when its made that breaks down over time in a chemical reaction causing the plastic to yellow.

Sorry if this is old new to people here but the process can be reversed on older ABS, here is what the article says about ABS and the link to the site:-

'The yellowing of ABS when exposed to Ultraviolet light is the result of a flame retardant added to the plastic during the manufacturing process. The most common of which is tetrabromobisphenol –A, or TBBP-A. When exposed to UV light the TBBP-A degrades allowing Bromine to become a free radical. The bromine forms a bond with readily available oxygen and causes the yellow color.

By irradiating the ABS with UV light in the presence of more hydrogen atoms, in the form of hydrogen peroxide, we break the bonds between the oxygen and bromine and allow the bromine to bond with the hydrogen, thus reversing the discoloration'

http://www.instructables.com/id/Restoring-yellowed-Stormtrooper-armor/?ALLSTEPS.

Read through all the comments though as user 'mfilos' talks about how to prevent the process reoccurring!.

• Like 1