Anovos TK armor preorder

I am one of the folks who pre-ordered, and this will be my first kit.. Now I know it is an unknown and may not be 501st aproved without mods, but I also know that the other products they have put out in the past have been good quality... Along with that, and that they were the chosen maker for the new TK's kits that walked out on stage at celebration, I felt that it was well worth the risk of the preorder... Worse case, I save up and buy another kit from an established maker and have a suit to put up for display... But if nothing else, it will teach me what I need to know in building a kit..

B-

I've just spent a a bit comparing the images on their site of the prototype. I've been comparing them to images in centurion builds and I do think the mould accuracy is good, one thumb print is a detail many kits miss.

My first concern is the rear of the helmet looks more like a ROTJ helmet than a ANH that most have, and it also looks like stickers rather than hand painted, though that makes sense and is easy to change.

The 2nd is isn't not clear if the butt and kidney plates are 1 piece or two.

Would the shape of the rear of the helmet force an ROTJ build or would a ANH be okay?  The rest of the build is clearly ANH so I would expect they've gone this route with the butt/kidney too.  I gather the helmet was based on a archive one so that may well have been a later one.

I think ultimately I've sold myself on this kit now, I have been investigating other vendors but I *think* I"m about to order one of these.

I've just spent a a bit comparing the images on their site of the prototype. I've been comparing them to images in centurion builds and I do think the mould accuracy is good, one thumb print is a detail many kits miss.

My first concern is the rear of the helmet looks more like a ROTJ helmet than a ANH that most have, and it also looks like stickers rather than hand painted, though that makes sense and is easy to change.

The 2nd is isn't not clear if the butt and kidney plates are 1 piece or two.

Would the shape of the rear of the helmet force an ROTJ build or would a ANH be okay?  The rest of the build is clearly ANH so I would expect they've gone this route with the butt/kidney too.  I gather the helmet was based on a archive one so that may well have been a later one.

I think ultimately I've sold myself on this kit now, I have been investigating other vendors but I *think* I"m about to order one of these.

We can't take anything from their prototype photos. They are photos of a suit but maybe not the suit they will use. It's basically a placeholder set of photos.

We can't take anything from their prototype photos. They are photos of a suit but maybe not the suit they will use. It's basically a placeholder set of photos.

A fair point, but ignoring the specifics, would a warped back ROTJ bucket be an issue on an ANH build?  I suppose you could warm and unwarp it to an extent.

A fair point, but ignoring the specifics, would a warped back ROTJ bucket be an issue on an ANH build?  I suppose you could warm and unwarp it to an extent.

Probably not going to be an issue for general admission to 501st, but for anything more, ANH must be ANH. :)

My guess is that the warped back will not stop 501st acceptance.

I'm really assuming that they will not have this in their final product as it's a bit unsightly.

• Like 1

That would be my hope as it does a appear to be some what idealised but they do make a point of pointing out the asymmetrical look so who knows.

Edited by themaninthesuitcase

Probably not going to be an issue for general admission to 501st, but for anything more, ANH must be ANH. :)

Remember, though, you have to specify which sort of TK you intend to represent. There is no option for a 'general' or 'generic' TK. Everything else is up to your GMO.

Have you also consider the shipping cost and custom taxes to pay if you order from outside the U.S. ? I wanted the ready to wear ensamble kit and it would be 1450 U$S plus shipping plus custom taxed to the UK and would have been really expensive , so did my purchase here in the UK with a trusted armorer ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you also consider the shipping cost and custom taxes to pay if you order from outside the U.S. ? I wanted the ready to wear ensamble kit and it would be 1450 U$S plus shipping plus custom taxed to the UK and would have been really expensive , so did my purchase here in the UK with a trusted armorer ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As a buyer of this kit, I just received the following email. I would be interested to hear any feedback the rest of you can provide on this.

With a follow-up like this, it seems that Anovos is quite interested (dare I say desperate) to make sure that all their buyers (who are probably 95% 501st prospects) are happy with their progress.

I may be naive, but I'm pretty encouraged by an update like this.

Enjoy!

Bill

Welcome to the Empire, Troopers!

The ANOVOS Team would like to extend its gratitude for your tremendous support of the Classic Stormtrooper Armor, and we are extremely humbled by your trust and excitement for our products!

As one of the many Founders for our officially licensed STAR WARSâ„¢ Classic Trilogy Imperial Stormtrooper, we wanted to reach out to you to begin a dialogue and establish a baseline for communication and updates on the progress of this exciting new product.

Due to the unique nature of the items we produce, ANOVOS traditionally operates along the lines of a pre-order crowd funded-style process, and thus our goal is to give you a peek behind-the-curtain as to updates relating to this product that you’re helping make a reality!

Firstly, the photos shown on ANOVOS.com are images of our actual prototype armor. Our production team has already begun the process of finalizing the sculpts used for the various armor pieces used in the kit. Our manufacturing and quality control representative, Heath, has been traveling to our factories over the past few weeks to oversee the final stages of pre-production development for the Classic Trooper.

A few photos from that trip are below… The first photo is the initial review of the sculpts by Heath and the manufacturing crew, so they could be made into tooled, metal bucks for the actual production run.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Once those final stages are complete, our factory anticipates tooling the bucks for the various armor pieces and, from there, will produce a few test pulls to verify quality before entering into full bore production.

Astute followers may have noticed a recent and significant change in our choice of material from ABS to PVC. ABS (Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) plastic is not necessarily the most suitable material for comfort and long-term wear. As our goal is to deliver the best possible product, we are taking the material itself to the next step with a custom-formulated, UV-protected, color-matched PVC (Polyvinyl chloride) material which should allow a new level of comfort, durability and — most importantly — wearability to Stormtrooper costuming. Make no mistake, this material is nothing like the “off the shelf†PVC you can find anywhere today — it is being custom-made just for your new armor! Over 4 tons of it, in fact. Crazy, huh?

During this process, we aim to bring you progress photos (as photos are worth a thousand words!) to give you an idea of what goes into creating armor for the soldiers of the Galactic Empire. Please remember that nothing we show you here is final as we are still in production, but it should give you a good idea of the directions we are going!

With regard to the soft-parts of this piece, what we can show you is the first test sample of the neck-seal which is included with your pre-order.

03.jpg

On a related note, because of the overwhelming response to this initial Stormtrooper pre-order, we have been able to continue offering a lower price point through at least July 9th as part of our “Revenge of the Fifth†Tier. If your friends or family were on the fence about purchasing armor for themselves, they still have a chance to save at almost 30% off the kit MSRP and almost 10% off the completed ensemble MSRP. Remember, building armor is more fun as a team!

Thank you again for your support as we work together to change the face of costuming and fill the world with more soldiers of the Empire! Be sure to ‘like’ our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter, and on Instagram.

For the Empire!
Team ANOVOS

Reminder that we're still on target to reach our San Diego Comic-Con International stretch goal! If we can reach 33,000 Facebook fans by July 9th, we're also going to give FREE SHIPPING to 33 LUCKY FANS* who have purchased the Stormtrooper armor by that date. Share and like our Facebook page to bring the world more Stormtroopers!

*Applies to pre-existing (and newly placed) orders where shipping & handling was remitted, and that are shipping within the United States of America only. 
Edited by Astyanax
  • Like 1

Those test pulls look great! All except the faceplate. The only problem is its too soft of a pull, the rest looks sharp, and like any other kit out there. I'm pretty sure they will change the sharpness on that faceplate pull as its only a test pull. I am excited for my kit!

I like how they are communicating with us. They didn't just take our money and stay silent. The pics look really nice, too. I'm quite hopeful.

Does anybody have anything to say about the neck seal? The most worrying part for me is really the quality of the soft parts, because I know almost nothing about those parts of the armor.

So how does the neck seal look to all those among us who actually know what to look for in a neck seal?

Hi, tonight I received an email from Anovos with some new information about their ANH kit.

There is also a picture of a prototype neckseal.

Link: http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=d364b6e2ca1099fb0335fbecd&id=346b836906

Cheers Christian

Nice to see something, at least. Sure looks like my ATA kidney piece😉 I really hope they can give us boots and a blaster too

They will not give us boots as they don't have that license, luckily there are plenty of places here you can find both items.

Also the neck seal look just like mine, all a neck deal is, is ribbed black rings on your neck, and that one looks like the rest available.

• Like 1