Anovos TK armor preorder

I had similar concerns, especially since I heard that the photos on the Anovos site are of the prototype and not the final product.  However after talking with local garrison members I purchased it for a couple reasons.  The first is that it's always good to have spare parts.  The second is that since it'll be my first build I'd rather learn how to trim and fit TK armor using a cheaper, possibly not approvable kit.  And since I preordered it at a great price I won't stress over the multitude of FNG mistakes I'll inevitably be making every bumbling step of the way. :lol:

Indeed. It helped me pass the wife test by talking about the potential total $1000-$1500 investment and then whipping this one out.

She said, "You MUST get this." ;)

Oh, if you insist. Mind if I spring for a premium E-11?

Bill

Pretty much how I did it as well. I guess I'll have more trouble telling her that decent boots will be 80$ than it has been to convince her to get the kit. Thank god I have a complete E-11 already!

I've jumped on the Anovos band wagon today. I have previously brought a Star Trek Spock tunic from them and it was stunning!

This is my first build in 6'4" and 180lbs so I am sure I will be showing some black under suit without shimming but at the price point compared to what I have researched elsewhere I thought I'd give this a go. If it is something that works for me I will probably trade up and sell the finished suit on.

Once the price jumps up I will probably clear back what I paid for it :)

Congrats to the Beta group - you guys are going to rock it, I bet :)

Yeah we'll find out all the weirdness with them with many pics.

I got the 350$ deal with pretty much 3 minutes to spare before it jumped to 450$, I am so excited to make this armor up to centurion standards right off the bat, I have trust that this armor is the armor we are looking for!!

I have confidence in Anovos to deliver a good and accurate product.

And as i havn´t yet decided if i will make it fit to my body or just as a "big white display stand" for my real Sterling E11 .......... my risk if it´s not approvable is not that big.  ;)

On the other hand ..... if they don´t totally frakk it up (something i don´t believe in), i assume my building skills may be enough to get it fixed to something approvable.  :smiley-sw013:

I see more of a problem in being 178cm with around 98 Kg (thank god not really "big", more shoulders with a somewhat bigger belly, like a bipedal bulldog, or a small tank  :laugh1:  ) - it may happen that i don´t like the look at the end if it´s not believable enough for me.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about jumping the boat but I received a ridiculous shipping quote of 140 USD..? Isn't that a bit to much to get it to Sweden?

If anyone who ordered before the 4th may decide to bail out please contact me instead and I might be willing to buy it from you. I'd rather get it for 350 then 450 :)

Iirr i paid 132/136 USD shipping to Germany.

And don´t forget, it´s not for 1 but for 3 not so small parcels.

Don't forget customs fee in your calculation. It won't stay at 350$ + shipping... at least for those overseas.

Any ideas what happens when the people at the customs office ask you to open all three boxes in front of them?

There will be a fully assembled TK helmet on the desk and it'll get hard to explain, this has nothing to do with Star Wars.

2 years ago when I thought of buying armor overseas, I was told to avoid ANY Star Wars-wording in such a case. But I doubt it'll work with that completed helmet...

Any thoughts?

Any ideas what happens when the people at the customs office ask you to open all three boxes in front of them?

There will be a fully assembled TK helmet on the desk and it'll get hard to explain, this has nothing to do with Star Wars.

2 years ago when I thought of buying armor overseas, I was told to avoid ANY Star Wars-wording in such a case. But I doubt it'll work with that completed helmet...

Any thoughts?

phew, done that 350$ in time and can't wait for "winter" (whenever that will be). I hope to find some experienced builders or other anovoy buyers here in Germany (Berlin).

And I'm very excited how that 3-boxes-thing will be handled at customs, too. I hope they will all arrive together, otherwise it will be very chaotic.

Ordered the kit on the 4th. I figured if some bad news comes out about these kits before shipping, I can alwas cancel my order. But, I'm trying to keep some optimism here and am looking forward to this build.

So just a really quick moment of wild speculation.

So we know that Lucasfilm let Anovos into there archives to get scans of the original TKs. We also know that the first Star Wars Anthology film, Rouge One, is probably going to take place right before ANH.

So! Does that open the possibility that Anovos will be supplying OT TK outfits for Rouge One and that we all just possibly ordered kits derived from the new Anthology film?

Just thinking out loud here...

• Like 2

So we know that Lucasfilm let Anovos into there archives to get scans of the original TKs. 

It's my understanding from the ANOVOS CEO interview they found a collector who actually had armor from the movie, confirmed the linage and was given permission to copy it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

• Like 1

It's my understanding from the ANOVOS CEO interview they found a collector who actually had armor from the movie, confirmed the linage and was given permission to copy it. Someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

Frankly I haven't been keeping up so that may be entirely correct. Either way Lucasfilm is going to have to get those TKs made somewhere...

• Like 1

Before Celebration Anaheim people said, on here and elsewhere, that they were allowed access to Lucasfilm archives. I think it's mentioned in this thread. But again, that was before, and I'm not saying your wrong, I would just like to know the truth as well. Where did you hear your information, first hand from the interview itself?

Where did you hear your information, first hand from the interview itself?

It was from one of the first live simulcast interviews with the two owners at C7, from the ANOVOS booth. I though it was interesting when he said something about the collector had the armor for about 25 years in his basement and somehow the guys at ANOVOS found out about it and contacted him.

• Like 1