Anovos TK armor preorder

Taking a guess here...

Is your shipping address in the same state as which they do business? (I believe Wisconsin) If that's the case then I dont think they can get out of charging you tax.

Edited by Vertex

Allen, you have many months to study build threads and to seek advice from seasoned builders. I believe by the time you receive your brown box you'll be ready to take on the task with the highest level of confidence.  :smiley-sw013:

I want to buy the assembled kit but can only afford the DIY kit, just looking for some insight as to how hard of a build it would be. This would be my first costume build ever

It will be mine too. I have reached out to my local garrison and they were more than happy to offer their assistance. Contact yours and see if they will help you. But make sure you realize that it's not them building for you, they will assist you.

Pre-ordered the suit because why not right? 

I have my TB right now. IG in the works. I can wait a while... For now I need to troop and bring smiles to child's faces.  

And hear "Arent you a little short to be a stormtrooper?" 

What you're seeing isn't tax, it's the cost of shipping and handling. That's going to be unavoidable with almost any online purchase.

Taking a guess here...

Is your shipping address in the same state as which they do business? (I believe Wisconsin) If that's the case then I dont think they can get out of charging you tax.

I've got the shipping on it, this is $21 on top of the $36 shipping. 

I'm from Wisconsin. So that may be it, which would really throw a wrench into my plans here.

Edited by RadioactiveMicrobe
  • Like 1

I've got the shipping on it, this is $21 on top of the $36 shipping. 

I'm from Wisconsin. So that may be it, which would really throw a wrench into my plans here.

If your in Wisconsin then yes they charged sales tax - which they were required to do.

I noticed this from "Got Maul" from Anovos on the RPF - http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=237337&p=3629836&viewfull=1#post3629836   :icon_beg:

We are looking at November. Hopefully sooner !

And from the Anovos Stormtrooper FAQ - http://www.anovos.com/pages/classic-stormtrooper-faqs#5    :icon_beg: 

When does it ship?

We are presently looking at a Winter 2015 ship date, and are aiming to have this out between the months of October and November... for obvious reasons.

Now for something completely different.

I have never tried on a helmet before, and I wear glasses.  Is this going to be an issue?

• Like 1

On the glasses, it depends entirely on the size of the bucket. I'm fairly certain you wouldn't be able to wear glasses in my AP, it is at times tough enough to simply pull it over my head, and my head is just average in size.

But then, nobody knows the size of the Anovos bucket just yet.. who knows, they may come with a larger version..

I wear glasses and I do have a little bit of an issue fitting the bucket on with all of the electronics, then I bought a pair of kid glasses and a glasses strap to make sure they are secured. That works great, but I look a little goofier than usual with the bucket off. ;)

I went ahead and pulled the trigger as well, I figure I can try to make a sandy out of it and if I mess it up too bad at least I have a cool helmet to display

I mentioned this in another thread about a month ago regarding eyeglasses and the TK bucket.

But, if you have an old pair of glasses with a fairly current Rx in it, you can remove the temples off the eyeglasses and just attached to the inside of the bucket with velcro right in front of the lenses. Obviously, tape up any sharp parts on the eyeglasses that may be exposed when you took off the temples.

I think you can probably attach it where the bridge of the eyeglass frames are.....between the two lenses in the middle.

Or, just remove the lenses from the glasses. Keep note of the orientation of the lenses since the orientation of the lenses will affect the Rx if you have astigmatism. Then, just tape the lenses inside the bucket right behind the green lenses.

Even though I am already working on a set of TM armor, I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the ANOVOS TK pre-order. I just couldn't pass up the price; I'm thinking I can make it a TD.