Anovos TK armor preorder

I don't know about Caitlin, but I've been preparing for this for a while now. I've got all the tools I should need and I have a little experience working with kits.

I'm really only going with this kit because of the amount of money that it'll save me. Soft armor can get expensive if you're going with good products from vetted producers, and while I definitely plan on phasing these soft pieces out as time goes by if they're not very high-quality, this seems to me to be a good way to get everything at a basic level.

• Like 1

I hope this kit ends up working out for the people ordering it. The main reason I haven't placed an order is simply sizing. Being 6'4" and 230lbs on a good day, I will just be waiting for RT to open his list up for next year. In the mean time I'll finish my TI and rebuild the AM kit I got from a friend.

• Like 1

I posted a question to ANOVOS on their Facebook post about the TK Stormtrooper kit and I thought the response was a little vague... i.e. they stated to seek the FAQ for an answer.

There are so many things that can be assumed in life and I did not want to make any assumptions here in this case with the TK Kit.  My question was "can you confirm the ony painting required on the kit will be on the chest plate and NO painting will be required on helmet?"  The FAQ mentions a completed, ready-to-wear helmet... I just want to confirm this means there will be NO painting required on the helmet!!

I ordered mine yesterday but am a little concerned about the height restrictions.  I'm nearly 6' 3" and hope I don't have to do a ton of mods to make this a workable 501st piece, but if so, whatever.  At $350 I can deal with a little extra work.

That's the boat I'm in. I can't imagine not being able to make it work.

• Like 1

Hi folks,

I've been following this thread and I just would like the opinion of some of the more experienced troopers. Obviously there are pros and cons to this deal with the amount of information that we know, however, this would be my first TK kit and my end goal is the 501st. I'm very comfortable with the idea of building a kit, modification and assembly doesn't scare me, however if by looking at the pictures Anovos has provided if there is any way this couldn't be built to 501st standards I'd rather keep waiting and saving... being a newbie I just want a little assurance.

Originally I was going for an ATA kit and bucket to start but the $350 is really tempting.

Hi folks,

I've been following this thread and I just would like the opinion of some of the more experienced troopers. Obviously there are pros and cons to this deal with the amount of information that we know, however, this would be my first TK kit and my end goal is the 501st. I'm very comfortable with the idea of building a kit, modification and assembly doesn't scare me, however if by looking at the pictures Anovos has provided if there is any way this couldn't be built to 501st standards I'd rather keep waiting and saving... being a newbie I just want a little assurance.

Originally I was going for an ATA kit and bucket to start but the $350 is really tempting.

Well Tony, great name btw :duim: , I would stay on Terrells (ATA) waiting just in case this ends up being a pink elephant. If all goes well you can pass your ATA spot on to another new trooper.

I see a lot of chatter about people questioning the potential height issues (too small or too tall).  But what about us plus sized troopers. I fit the height paramters but I weigh about 210 pounds I'm no "Mesomorph" more like "Endomorph+".???

I've heard there is another armor maker who'se kits are more forgiving to the chubbier trooper.

I see a lot of chatter about people questioning the potential height issues (too small or too tall).  But what about us plus sized troopers. I fit the height paramters but I weigh about 210 pounds I'm no "Mesomorph" more like "Endomorph+".???

I've heard there is another armor maker who'se kits are more forgiving to the chubbier trooper.

Hey David you're referring to AM armor however, though there is armor that is friendlier to portly troopers, almost any armor can be adapted to fit with shims.  :duim:

• Like 1

I heard about the deal this morning for the $350 kit. Though I have a clone trooper set of armor started, I think I'd really enjoy owning this classic set of white armor. Now I just have to figure out where to make $350 materialize before May 4th.

Well Tony, great name btw :duim: , I would stay on Terrells (ATA) waiting just in case this ends up being a pink elephant. If all goes well you can pass your ATA spot on to another new trooper.

Thanks Tony! As much as I don't want to miss a good deal I was kind of feeling the same. I'm loving your ATA Stunt rebuild post by the way. All the pictures are great!

• Like 2

Hey Tcromb: ATA helmets are usually no wait and relatively inexpensive with the full DIY kit. I got my lid last year and I'm towards the top of the list for armor now, owing about the same as Anovos with shipping since you only pay ATA when your stuff ships. That means I'm getting two full sets plus another bucket and soft goods for around $750 out of pocket this year. Just saying there are ways to stretch out the immense intro cost😜

Edited by charlesnarles
  • Like 1

I have heard mixed comments on the ANOVOS pre-order TK. Some have said, no one has seen the armor so and therefore it is unknown whether it can be made approvable or not. I bought an FX kit off EBAY 2 years ago and when I finally get to the point of trying for approval I am told the FX bucket is no go. I have spent money replacing parts like shoulder bells, thighs, and chest plate and now I need a new bucket. If I throw money at the ANOVOS how do I know the bucket is approvable or the armor? I am feeling a bit depressed and not sure what to do. I really want to troop the movie but that dream is not looking good.

So I haven't been on since I joined up (hello real life) been going through a divorce and just now finally having time and the money to purchase a helmet and armor and start my new hobby. I'm not sold yet on the TFA EP7 helmets and now after reading someone post that they look like a duck, its now stuck in my head lol.

Back now to the original TK ANH Stormtrooper :-) Question, for the senior troopers in here. I was quoted last year from RS for a fully completed set was almost $2,200 but when I look on their site now its down to $1,576 converted to US dollars which includes the E-11 blaster and boots and all necessary accessories. Well, that was all before I found out a friend of a friend is a 501st troop leader and can help me build a kit and I just found out about the ANOVOS Stormtrooper kit for $350...again I say $350! Even if I try to find a way to compare apples to apples with the ES kit with unfinished helmet its $815! no accessories. I think I'm answering my own question as I'm typing lol. I could buy two ANOVOS kits for under the price of one ES kit. I guess it all comes down to quality. Which is yet to be seen from ANOVOS. Choices, choices. any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all.

Hey Tcromb: ATA helmets are usually no wait and relatively inexpensive with the full DIY kit. I got my lid last year and I'm towards the top of the list for armor now, owing about the same as Anovos with shipping since you only pay ATA when your stuff ships. That means I'm getting two full sets plus another bucket and soft goods for around $750 out of pocket this year. Just saying there are ways to stretch out the immense intro cost

Quick question Charles. Did you order a bucket AND a full kit (including another bucket) from ATA? Or is it that you can only get the armor with a bucket? Sorry I'm confused...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question Charles. Did you order a bucket AND a full kit (including another bucket) from ATA? Or is it that you can only get the armor with a bucket?

I think he sells from full sets all the way down to the individual pieces (replacements), with a small discount if you get everything. I got a single ATA stunt full DIY kit (2nd is Anovos) but my armor still hasn't come (takes however long it takes!) You'd just be getting (and paying for) the helmet kit for now and get on the waiting list for your armor kit. (At least that's what he told me like last June or so. Shoot him an email if you want current specifics)

Edited by charlesnarles

I posted a question to ANOVOS on their Facebook post about the TK Stormtrooper kit and I thought the response was a little vague... i.e. they stated to seek the FAQ for an answer.

There are so many things that can be assumed in life and I did not want to make any assumptions here in this case with the TK Kit.  My question was "can you confirm the ony painting required on the kit will be on the chest plate and NO painting will be required on helmet?"  The FAQ mentions a completed, ready-to-wear helmet... I just want to confirm this means there will be NO painting required on the helmet!!

The answer is that they are not 100% sure until the final product is shipping. That said, they are releasing only completed helmets which would imply that little or no work is involved. If there is work, it will likely be decals vs requiring hand-painting. (Unless you want the hand-painted look, in which case you'd have to remove decals.)

I have heard mixed comments on the ANOVOS pre-order TK. Some have said, no one has seen the armor so and therefore it is unknown whether it can be made approvable or not. I bought an FX kit off EBAY 2 years ago and when I finally get to the point of trying for approval I am told the FX bucket is no go. I have spent money replacing parts like shoulder bells, thighs, and chest plate and now I need a new bucket. If I throw money at the ANOVOS how do I know the bucket is approvable or the armor? I am feeling a bit depressed and not sure what to do. I really want to troop the movie but that dream is not looking good.

Yes it is a gamble, here's a convo I had with another trooper earlier...

"ANOVOS ..... Though this TK is particularly new to their line up they are no strangers to costume building. They're the builders of the TFA TK for SW7, authorized by Disney and Lucas Arts. Bottom line they have one heck of a reputation to uphold. If this Classic TK wasn't legit in any way ANOVOS would take a serious hit from the 501st, which could cost them.

What makes this Tk so special, it's the price, nothing else really. At $350 vs $650+ for any other armor it's not hard to figure out why even experienced builders are hopping on the band wagon."

For those who have already ordered, was tax added on too at checkout?

No it was not. Only thing over the $350 was shipping.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Edited by allan1313