Anovos TK armor preorder

It sounds like outstanding value to me, which ever way you look at it.

I am fairly convinced ANOVOS want to get this right, considering their 501st background, and a reputation they are trying to establish.

Can't wait to see these things getting built.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Sly11
  • Like 2

Question. How can the FISD serve the legion in responding to the brutal increase in TK applications by the end of the year?

I suspect the councils won't think a step ahead and try to adapt pre-emtpively with correct advice. Consequences can be very unequal waits between applications and occurrence of "auto-approve because it's ANOVOS and I can't bother" boredom phenomenon.

Edited by Nicky

Approval still rests with the judgement of the GMLs and LMO, but the FISD Attaches will be coming online more empowered to assist them prior to the ANOVOS armors hitting the field.

Rest assured that by the time this wave hits the Legion, the Garrison Command Staffs will be very happy to have their Resident FISD Attaches. ;)

• Like 3

Well, I suspect there are 3 kinds of buyers for this kit:

People who've always wanted a TK and to join the 501st. They're the kind of people (like me) who are informed about the do's and don'ts dor the armor, try to get help, etc.

Then there's 501st members who are getting a new/2nd/3rd armor for themselves (Sandtrooper/HWT/Shadowtrooper etc) or for a family-member. No problems there either.

And then there's people who might not even know about the 501st and its requirements, and who will adhere strictly to the kit-supplied parts and instructions. It's them who might be problematic if they later want to join with a badly-built kit.

• Like 1

Hey guys. Anovo's FAQ has been updated: http://www.anovos.com/pages/classic-stormtrooper-faqs

When does it ship?

We are presently looking at a Winter 2015 ship date, and are aiming to have this out between the months of October and November... for obvious reasons.

They already responded all 3 questions I sent last week, so keep asking anything you can't find in the FAQ page. They'll update it :)

Edited by Sergiotron
  • Like 1

Wonder why they don't offer boots.

It's a licensing issue; same reason they aren't offering the blaster, either. Hopefully they'll offer it in the future.

I thought it was a great deal.  I ordered another suit for myself and one for my sister.  My sister is 4 years younger.  She followed me around as kid and now, in our 40's, she is doing the same thing :)

• Like 1

Hey guys. Anovo's FAQ has been updated: http://www.anovos.com/pages/classic-stormtrooper-faqs

They already responded all 3 questions I sent last week, so keep asking anything you can't find in the FAQ page. They'll update it :)

Wow. Seems pretty ambitious since in their other faq's they say they haven't nailed down all the details. I hope it is that soon though :)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I sent out a question about my height and they responded very quickly. I'm just wondering if I get the kit, that it will come with all the need parts to put it together, or will I have to find them myself.

Wow. Seems pretty ambitious since in their other faq's they say they haven't nailed down all the details. I hope it is that soon though :)

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Some of the answers are ambiguous and may get updated as they "nail" down more of the details.

I did read that it comes with everything needed to assemble it.

You'll need tools and sander/dremel/sandpaper. Or stuff for an alternate strapping system if you so choose. I hope I comes with extra ABS for shimming. Check out their updated FAQ's, they answer a lot of our questions, and check back frequently as they will most likely update it again soon. As far as the Armor goes, they said everything but the finished product gets goes into the kit. You'll need boots and an E-11, or other weapon type.

Well I pulled the trigger yesterday and pre-orders the kit. For the price its just hard not to take it up.  I have already made and have an approved Shadow Trooper Armor (FX) with Akryl Lid from the Spec Ops forums, and if I can get that kit approvable, I am sure this will be on the same level if not better.  Also have experience  already on the FX Shadow Trooper, the build kit is a perfect heaven sent option for me.  I already have Icomm, Speaker, nice Leather holster, and E-11 blaster from my shadow trooper that this will be an easy and cheap TK to make.  So excited!

Would you guys recommend the $350 Anovos kit for someone wanting to join the 501st as a stormtrooper? 

That's what I'm doing!

It seems like the perfect starter kit to me. If the materials are crappy in terms of the soft armor you can always phase them out as you continue your build, but for the beginning this gets you set up really quickly, easily, and cheaply.

Hey Caitlin, 

I think the most important matter is, how long do you want to wait before joining the 501st?

I really think this kit will be easily made to 501st standards. But, you will probably have to wait till the end of the year to get it, then build it.

There are other makers that have similar time spam waiting lists, some others can have a kit sent out in a matter of days or a couple of weeks. But the price is not 350 either way of course.

What is your priority? Price, accuracy, time?

But to answer straight forward, IMHO, this kit will most likely be accepted is put together well. I don't have any reason to think the the contrary.

My opinion anyway, but at this time, no one can say anything else but opinions since we have no real facts.

Saludos

Edited by iconoclasta_88
  • Like 1

To the new guys in particular, I'm getting the feeling that you all might need to temper your excitement and expectations a bit ...

Keep in mind that at the end of the day you are buying a KIT. It will come with the hard plastic, soft goods, and some assembly instructions (the usability of which is still TBD), but it will still require the knowledge, tools/materials, and some skill (or at least a willingness to learn) to assemble - especially if 501st membership is your end goal.

It seems like a great opportunity (I'm on the list myself) but it will certainly not be something prefabricated that you can unpack, slap together, and wear minutes out of the box.

• Like 3