Anovos TK armor preorder

Not much said at the panel about the anh tk. they discussed at great length how for many of their pieces, they 3d scanned original items from the archives.

Thanks for the feedback Derek.  When I got up this morning I was hoping someone from CVII would give all of us unfortunate people at home some insight on this Anovos Stormtrooper.

So they are going with that the RS suit was not recasted by them but that they had access to a suit in the archive and 3D scanned it? 

If that is the case, then I would have a hardtime imagining that this armor wouldn't be 501st approvable right away if they use the correct hardware on the helmet and armor.

I've been nothing but impressed with anovos and their customer service as I have gotten complete and quick responses confirming all that has been said here in regards to refunds, assembly instructions, fulfillment date etc. will be placing my order shortly. Bring on winter 2015!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been nothing but impressed with anovos and their customer service as I have gotten complete and quick responses confirming all that has been said here in regards to refunds, assembly instructions, fulfillment date etc. will be placing my order shortly. Bring on winter 2015!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So will I!

Yeah they charge you right then, even shipping. They need our money I guess, but that's okay with me. Kinda feels like we're investors in the company who happen to get compensated with armor later "when" it takes off. But with a guaranteed refund so it's no-risk, obviously. I'm proud to be one of the pre-order guys, I hope they have serial/run numbers 😀

• Like 1

I am debating on oredering the Anvos TK ANH or wait for the Episode VII version.

I sent an email asking some questions on the kit and the body suit and neck seal.

I have enclosed my questions and Anvos's reply.

"I am interested in the Star Wars Classic Imperial Stormtrooper ANH Armor. I have a few questions.

1. When you are talking about the "Arming Suit Size" Do you mean the Black cloth under suit or the White ABS Plastic Armor?

2. Does the White Plastic ABS Armor come in different sizes? Or is it one size and the customer needs to modify as needed?

3. For the White ABS Armor What is the thickness of the ABS. Also, does the kit come supply with Velcro or do I need to glue the pieces together.

3. For the Neck Seal where does the customer submit his neck size for the Neck Seal?

4. If any of the parts come damage in the shipment, are the parts replaced for free?

5. For the "Outside Canvas Belt", Does the  customer need to submit a waist size or it is assigned to what size the customer submits?

Thank you."

A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, with the following response:

To answer your questions in order:

1. We are speaking of the two-piece black suit. 

2. The armor is all one-size fits all, and will require trimming and / or shimming, depending on the size of the piece and how it fits on your person. 

3. Thickness is heavy duty 0.9. A basic kit comprising of velcro and webbing is included. Some pieces will need to be glued together, such as the legs, biceps, etc.

4. The neck seal is one size fits most, but can be tailored to fit accordingly. 

5. We will replace any parts that get damaged in shipping or are found to be defective at our discretion. 

6. The belt will be adjustable, and we're designing it be one size fits most. (You may need to have that altered, and instructions on this will be included in the kit.)

Andy

• Like 2

Is .9 abs heavy duty?   It seems a little weak compared to 1.5 vs 2mm options from suits like TM.

I have a vt helmet that looks like its around .8 and it feels quite fragile, especially in the parts where the plastic was thinned out so much from big indented details (in the aerator housing areas). Does anybody have a kit around this thickness?  Still good for trooping?

The only question I have apart from these is what the completed helmet has on the inside in terms of foam and things like that.

It says it comes with a strapping system, I assume they mean like a hardhat liner with chin strap. I assume it's a cheap n easy foam star for padding.

The only question I have apart from these is what the completed helmet has on the inside in terms of foam and things like that.

It says it comes with a strapping system, I assume they mean like a hardhat liner with chin strap. I assume it's a cheap n easy foam star for padding since everything else is kinda going for screen accuracy