Anovos TK armor preorder

Having my own AP/AM Frankenstein this suit doesn't tempt me too much, the only temping part for me would be if their strapping system works well. That's the main thing I'm constantly tweaking on my own suit to increase its ease of use and confidence while wearing. Other then that I think I'll keep an eye on how the quality turns out the products people have been pre ordering (Snowtrooper, Stormtrooper, Vader, Tie Pilot). If wall goes well maybe I'll pick up their Episode 7 trooper when its announced ;-).

If the armor is on display at C7, someone should take pictures and post them here or in another thread for those of us waiting to preorder until more details are released. I'm currently waiting on being able to order my first kit, and if this thing turns out well enough then I'll be going with the Anovos.

Over at the RPF, Got Maul (one of the founders of Anovos) posted the following:

Hey all, my apologies. I will answer questions when the waters have calmed over here at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim.

But to quickly answer a question : YES, that armor on the site is our real prototype and not just a concept pics !

So I guess we can assume that the finished armor does indeed look very close to this. What, then, is the verdict concerning validability (is that even a word?)

Does it have the potential to be usable in the 501st ?

yeah, that's the big question: will the costumes meet 501st approvals. Being a newbie I can't imagine who makes that call, but hopefully we'll know in the near future. I can see Anovos' orders going up if the powers that be in the 501st give a thumbs up.

I just noticed the AT-AT driver showed up on their site. So tempting!

Lets get one thing straight here. NO armour is by default 501st approved. Yes the prototype does look a lot better than other suits often used by members. But that doesn't matter. All that matter is how it looks on you. Not how it looks on a mannequin.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Lets get one thing straight here. NO armour is by default 501st approved. Yes the prototype does look a lot better than other suits often used by members. But that doesn't matter. All that matter is how it looks on you. Not how it looks on a mannequin.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I know that no costume gets default approval. I'm perfectly aware of that. My question was, does it look like it could be made into an accurate (and thus approvable) armor, or does it have any blatant flaws that would make it hard to get approved without MAJOR investment of time, money and work (provided the finished armor looks like this orototype does)