Anovos TK armor preorder

Well, if I were in the market for a new suit I'd give it a go. The price is crazy good and I'd be shocked if it can't be made 501st approvable.

• Like 4

Well, if I were in the market for a new suit I'd give it a go. The price is crazy good and I'd be shocked if it can't be made 501st approvable.

THIS...  If I were in the market for a new TK, I'd be all over this.  At the price, and with the bucket being assembled for you, this is absolutely an amazing deal, and like Paul, I'd be absolutely shocked if the kit couldn't be made approvable, even if it would require some work to do so.

I'm considering ordering one for conversion to a TD even if I'm a little bit "too tall" for their recommended height for the kit.

THIS...  If I were in the market for a new TK, I'd be all over this.  At the price, and with the bucket being assembled for you, this is absolutely an amazing deal, and like Paul, I'd be absolutely shocked if the kit couldn't be made approvable, even if it would require some work to do so.

I'm considering ordering one for conversion to a TD even if I'm a little bit "too tall" for their recommended height for the kit.

Im seriously thinking of doing the same! Im 6'1" 155lbs..... how tall are you?

So this may have been covered or it might be too obvious a question, but what's the era on this? It looks to me like an ANH stunt, but the calves seem a little wide for that and I'm not totally sure about the shoulder bells. Are there any more trained eyes who can clear this up?

Im seriously thinking of doing the same! Im 6'1" 155lbs..... how tall are you?

6' 2" and about 210.

Worst case scenario, I get the kit and realize that it just won't work, I can always sell it and pass the savings on to someone else.

These suits look great for the price. I just got my TM armor and am supremely happy with it, so I'm not in the market for a TK.

However! the other suits on their site are very tempting, especially the TS; all weathered and bad@ss looking.

Edited by Chills

Winter 2015 being December 21st- New Years?.....  yeah I'm sure shipping will be on time. Anybody know if Anovos has a reputation for shipping on time/ late?

I just emailed them to see if they can guarantee fulfillment by the time the movie comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're still shopping for armor and want it for the new movie premiers, I personally wouldn't rely on this offer (as tempting as it may be). I'd go with a vetted maker from FISD and get started building. At this point we don't know what it looks like for sure, if it will be 501st approved, or even if it will ship before the movie.

Another option is to make this order but put together another costume for approval and/or ep7 premier events. Officers or Tie Reserve Pilots don't take too much upfront $$ and look great for trooping. Then you can build the new armor when it arrives. Just weighing options.

Well I pulled the trigger and got one as I was in the market for a TK. I'm not really concerned about the wait time - as its par for the course in this hobby. I also have other things to wear/use till then.

As others have mentioned at this price point it's worth a shot to try and if it doesn't work out I'll pass it on to the better half.

Edited by Vertex

Oh boy. I have to pay for my ATA armor kit soon, but dang, $350... I'd have to pay $120 to see it at C7 anyhow (can't go alone)...

It has 11 dimples on the left arm, and 12 on the right. Isn't that indicative of TM? Too bad I'm a 6'4" ectomorphic freak, but I'll make it work, designers.

-- I read the fine print and it says you MAY INDEED CANCEL PREORDERS FOR FULL REFUND any time before it ships. That makes it worth reserving a spot at least until we see it up close! I feel like a kid again

Edited by charlesnarles

Anyone who is thinking of ordering and will be at Celebration should go to ANOVOS' booth. I was told that there will be discounts for ordering things at the booth. I'm not 100% sure this armor is included in that, but it's definitely worth the time to find out.

Anyone who is thinking of ordering and will be at Celebration should go to ANOVOS' booth. I was told that there will be discounts for ordering things at the booth. I'm not 100% sure this armor is included in that, but it's definitely worth the time to find out.

Thanks for the info. I know this is extremely unlikely but it would be awesome if they had the prototype on display as well.

• Like 1

I'm glad to see what appears to be a reasonably accurate stormtrooper costume from a licensed vendor.  Put the Rubies days behind us please!

If you're going to C7 and AVONOS does show this in Anaheim, take lots of pictures!!!

I'm in on the $350 preorder as well.  This duration of this initial lowest-priced tier is longer than for other AVONOS products, which tells me they want and expect a lot of orders.  I've been mulling over the possible reasons for the relatively low price.  Speculation abounds, and here's mine:

1) To generate momentum for AVONOS as an approvable 501st licensed costuming vendor

2) To undercut RS and displace at least some of their #1 market share (and not by revisiting copyright enforcement)

3) To generate capital for ramping up production capability of thermoformed ABS costumes.

And relating to 3), I would not be surprised if within days after the opening of The Force Awakens that AVONOS offers ready-to-ship Ep VII stormtrooper costumes.  There will surely be high demand for it.

Reasons for concern:

1) While I suspect it would meet basic CRL requirements, we won't know for sure until it's in-hand and submitted for approval.

2) Why is the helmet only being provided in completed form and not as a kit?  It could be that parts of it are constructed in a nonstandard way.  If the design is optimized for production (something like the MRCE / eFx PCR helmets), then modifying/customizing the helmet may be difficult.  Is it 2-piece?  3-piece?  Can the faceplate/cap&back assembly be adjusted?  The trim at the bottom doesn't look like S-trim, and if it's like MRCE/eFx PCR it and the brow trim may be glued on.

3) Risk in pre-ordering.  Even though the $350 is refundable up until it ships, your credit card is charged upon ordering.  We may not even see the final version until it ships.  For example, the AVONOS site still shows prototype pics of Darth Vader with shipping scheduled to commence next month.

• Like 1