Anovos TK armor preorder

thighs are missing the RS profile at the top, back is narrower than RS, bucket does not have the RS dome bumps. 

that's what i see initally without looking harder. 

thighs are missing the RS profile at the top, back is narrower than RS, bucket does not have the RS dome bumps. 

that what i see initally without looking harder.

Could all of that be the result of post-scan cleanup/idealization work on ANOVOS' part - especially the lack of a bumpy dome?

ANOVOS seems to have a pretty high accuracy level goal with their products so i wouldn't be surprised if they indeed had contacted RS to work together on this one. Well, at least i hope they did and they aren't recasting without any permission...

We will have to wait for on of the guys from RS to tell us.

Edited by The5thHorseman

Kit deatails are a little vague? Will it comes with everything the finished suit comes with?

Somebody on the 501st main forum said they contacted Anovos asking this.  They said it comes with everything the finished version comes with but not assembled.  I find that hard to believe to be honest.  But we'll see I guess. 

ANOVOS seems to have a pretty high accuracy level goal with their products so i wouldn't be surprised if they indeed had contacted RS to work together on this one. Well, at least i hope they did and they aren't recasting without any permission...

We will have to wait for on of the guys from RS to tell us.

Cant imagine RS is working with them together. If its a cast of a RS suit and they offer a completed helmet with Kit armor, undersuit and belt for just 350 USD !!!!....and RS props would sell the same for three times as much....sorry i as a RS customer would be pissed of that fact and since the Suit of Anovos is not limited the Anovos offer would be a shot in the knee of RS. If its a RS clone that its certainly not with their permission. They also made every armor project with MonCal to date. I'm really curiouls to know the truth of this suits origins but i have no doubt Paul is right with his conclusions.

Cant imagine RS is working with them together. If its a cast of a RS suit and they offer a completed helmet with Kit armor, undersuit and belt for just 350 USD !!!!....and RS props would sell the same for three times as much....sorry i as a RS customer would be pissed of that fact and since the Suit of Anovos is not limited the Anovos offer would be a shot in the knee of RS. If its a RS clone that its certainly not with their permission. They also made every armor project with MonCal to date. I'm really curiouls to know the truth of this suits origins but i have no doubt Paul is right with his conclusions.

That looks to just be the IPO price. It jumps to $650 on May 17th and then will go up again sometime after that. I wouldn't worry too much about it as your RS is definitely worth the money you paid for it. Going to be interesting to see this at Celebration, if it ends up being pretty easily approvable I may tell some friends to jump on it while it's so cheap.

Also it says all pieces are lined. With what? Is that for the kit as well as the finished armor? What is the strapping/fastening system like? It seems vague on that.

According to ANOVOS's own description (Emphasis added below), it sounds like it may be a system where one half of Velcro is lining the plastic and the other side is the exterior of the suit, but I could be wrong:

• Two-piece arming suit consisting of long-sleeve jacket and pant that allows for easy attachment of armor pieces to body.
  • Fully lined interior armor pieces.
  • Integrated rigging system for armor pieces.

Just placed my order and got my confirmation.  Although I'm extremely satisfied with my MTK armor and bucket, I'll build this new version and do a comparison -- whichever is more comfortable will be my trooping armor and the other will go onto a custom posed mannequin with a Death Star hallway diorama for my living room.

• Like 2

Wow, I paid $1200 to CostumeJunkie back in 2005 for an FX kit and completed helmet.  This seems a good price.

Note, you may still need to do modding though.  Based on their sizing, I'm an XL arm but a M waist.  What size would you order, for instance?

• Like 1

I believe that the sizing is only in regards to the under suit and the rubber gloves.  The armor is OSFA

"...Note, you may still need to do modding though.  Based on their sizing, I'm an XL arm but a M waist.  What size would you order, for instance?"

So what is the early consensus on this armor?  Would someone buying this armor be 501st approved?  I've been wanting to get some armor and join the 501 for a long time, but the $1000 + cost has been holding me back.  I should be able to afford this if it will get me in.

So what is the early consensus on this armor? Would someone buying this armor be 501st approved? I've been wanting to get some armor and join the 501 for a long time, but the $1000 + cost has been holding me back. I should be able to afford this if it will get me in.

There's no way to say for sure until actual kits are built. The photos are still prototypes. My gut says that it will probably be workable. But it all depends on how the final product turns out and if any modifications are needed. So it wouldn't be without risk to preorder now. So if you decide to jump in just be prepared that it might not be that simple and there could be additional costs to get it approved.

Wonderfull...Pre-order...it just means that they work with your money. No stock, no factories, no production line (just a garments supplier in South of China we identified) and no date for delivery.

For a no-original lineage armor it is far too much! 1200US$? no way.

• Like 1

So what is the early consensus on this armor?  Would someone buying this armor be 501st approved?  I've been wanting to get some armor and join the 501 for a long time, but the $1000 + cost has been holding me back.  I should be able to afford this if it will get me in.

My two-cents, I wouldn't purchase it with the expectation of it being automatically approved or even in anticipation of it getting approved any time soon.  If you're at the 'hang around' stage and you haven't acquired armor, I would stick to a builder or maker that has been approved and has a history (TM, MTK, CFO, CAP to name a few).  

And while I don't share the same level of skepticism I've seen in some of the replies...

I ordered mine for a couple of reasons:

1.  I already have approved armor

2.  I don't have the expectation that it will be 501st approved

3.  I don't mind waiting until winter (or longer) because it gives me a project over the holidays or the summer 2016

4.  I could use it to as part of a cool Carbon Freeze Chamber diorama for display in my living room

5.  I actually like the armor that I saw on ANOVOS website

Do what you like (or can afford), but this will be my third set of armor (4th helmet) and I've spent a combined total of $1,460 including my ANOVOS purchase today!  

(Moral of the Story:  There are deals to be found on 501st approvable armor without spending $1,000)

• Like 2

I did the preorder for the kit for a lot of the same reasons. I already have approved armor. I actually think that Anovos will do a good job too. And for $350, even if I don't like it I can probably sell it for what I paid. And I admit I'm very curious about this suit/strapping system. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Edited by SaturnGypsy
  • Like 2

I'm new here (longtime fan and lurker of the 501st though here in Luxembourg they're next to nonexistent) and I'm seriously considering making the jump for a kit. At that price, it's a steal!

Now, I'm aware that there's no such thing as a "guaranteed approval" but I suppose this kit has at least the potential to be made into an aprovable armour. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I was initially going for an IC costume, but at 100$ for a coverall, then cap, boots, belt and gauntlets, the price is not far off as well in the end. Might as well go for the most iconic Star Wars armor ever.

All the movie helmets are asymmetrical.

I've been away from TK armor for along time but to me the suit on the Anovos website looks to have an oversized chest but that could be just the picture. If they will have suits on the floor at Celebration i'll make my decision then.

I don't know the origin of the armor but I do know that Anovos has been making trips to the Archives lately so maybe they got some scans there rather than from another known maker.