Anovos TK armor preorder

Just confirmed. The images shown are indeed ANOVOS original prototype pics, not someone else's work.

The pictures on the Anovos web site are of the actual armor that they have pulled from their own sculpts?  

Wow.  It looks good from the distance shown.

Armor prototype or not, looks too TE derived to be pulled from new original sculped moulds IMHO.

Also, helmets details look to soft and poorly trimmed. Cant compare it to a finished RS bucket.

Lets see what happens next.

Anyway, I rather stay with my TE2 and TM.

Saludos.

Edited by iconoclasta_88
  • Like 1

At that price, even knowing the wait will likely be much longer than they are saying, I don't think I can resist.  If I don't blow my whole hobby wad at celebration this week I'll probably be pulling the trigger on one of these kits.

• Like 1

ANOVOS is known to only be a retailer. I wonder if RS isn't working with them on this prototype, making few alteration to their parts to make it more idealized? Because when i looked at the armor lot of parts felt very RS to me (especially the shins).

Edited by The5thHorseman
  • Like 1

So again I ask- anovos supplied the new "authorized" armor to 50 folks to build and troop C7- have we any word as to its quality. Did they deliver the goods as promised? I'm sure someone knows (other than me)

and those that DO know and have the kits are likely not permitted to discuss it per NDA requirements for purchasing the kit. I am sure more details will surface once these kits actually see light of day publicly. 

• Like 1

I know people are saying it looks like RS because of certain details.

But given today's easily accessible technology, couldn't any of the LFL suits have been 3D scanned from the inside, 3D models made, cleaned up (or sanitized per the 3D artist), then 3D printed to create molds / bucks?

This is very common now in Hollywood type fx, so many things are scanned and printed. Even on the RPF people are doing this with gear at home.

The photos show an RS or a casting of RS. Definitely not from an original or TE derived kit.

That was my assessment as well. Look at the right shin - it's composed of two outer pieces. Be it a 3D scan, a casting, or whatever - unless there are other suits out there that are built like that, that detail in and of itself is signature RS. Perhaps any original sculpts they did were parts that did not come with the original RS suit (sniper plate, ab button box, etc.)?

Besides that, I'm a bit leery of this new-fangled internal strapping system. So I'm taking a wait-and-see approach. But since I'll be at C7 this week, you can bet I'll be taking as close a look as I can.

I wonder if the inside is laminated with fuzzy felt like material (since they say the parts are lined), then the under suit has spots of hook Velcro for attaching the parts.

I assume this is less fussy and more cost effective for manufacturing.

I know people are saying it looks like RS because of certain details.

But given today's easily accessible technology, couldn't any of the LFL suits have been 3D scanned from the inside, 3D models made, cleaned up (or sanitized per the 3D artist), then 3D printed to create molds / bucks?

This is very common now in Hollywood type fx, so many things are scanned and printed. Even on the RPF people are doing this with gear at home.

This sounds like a very plausible explanation - especially if it turns out that the model they used to do the 3D scan is indeed the RS suit.

I guess this is going to be a touchy situation, at least on these forums.

RS: "Hey, you guys scanned OUR suit! That's recasting!"

Anovos: "Actually, that's LFL's suit, which makes it our suit. We licensed it".

Edited by pandatrooper