Armor company

TK Armor Main anyone ever heard of this company? Just wondering to buy in the future. http://www.mytkarmor.com/TK%20Armor%20Main.htm

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

Maybe I'll have to tell you guys some on how AM is produced in order to stop the confusion from spreading.

AM is made by a guy/company that is not on our vetted lists. The guy on our list then buys the kit from them and sell it on to you guys. The same guys also make NE armour, which is recast from RS.

After it was found out that NE was a recast, we at FISD said that we do not want that kit sold via our forum. So the guy selling AM via us came to them and had them make changes to the old AM kit to make it better without using recast RS parts. That is what became AM2.

The guy responsible for the page linked above is one of the other guys that are resellers of these kits, only that he does not sell the AM2 kit, he sells the recast NE kit.

So is it legit? Yes. But it's also unethical.

• Like 2

Maybe I'll have to tell you guys some on how AM is produced in order to stop the confusion from spreading.

AM is made by a guy/company that is not on our vetted lists. The guy on our list then buys the kit from them and sell it on to you guys. The same guys also make NE armour, which is recast from RS.

After it was found out that NE was a recast, we at FISD said that we do not want that kit sold via our forum. So the guy selling AM via us came to them and had them make changes to the old AM kit to make it better without using recast RS parts. That is what became AM2.

The guy responsible for the page linked above is one of the other guys that are resellers of these kits, only that he does not sell the AM2 kit, he sells the recast NE kit.

So is it legit? Yes. But it's also unethical.

Ok Mathias then I guess I'm still a little confused.  I thought I had it all figured out.  So there are multiple "suppliers" of AM armor.  Troopergear who sells AM2 on FISD gets his armor from the sculptor and then resells it on FISD.  After NE came out and FISD wouldn't allow them to sell it on here, then troopergear approached the sculptor and asked them to make new sculpts of some of the pieces to make AM more accurate without using any recast pieces of RS?  And the sculptor said sure no problem?  And AM2 was born?

The other guy on the website still sells NE armor.  So the guy selling on the website isn't even selling AM just NE?  If I am correct in this assumption then this is good information to know.  I have seen this website come up on FISD in the past few months a few times and everyone who responds just says yeah its AM click buy now.

I'm just clearing this up.  Ultimately if someone wants to buy NE it makes no difference to me personally as I have a kit that is not approved by FISD and I absolutely love it.  But I still feel people should know what they are buying.

• Like 1

That is correct.

The AM2 has some parts from the NE kit that was not recasts, like knee plates and such though. And the helmet is the same, and it is probably a RS recast, but it's not "good enough" to actually compete for market with RS, so we made a judgment call and let them keep it in favor of having the FX helmet around forever.

No one looking for an RS helmet will buy an NE/AM2 helmet instead. It's not even close. But it's a huge step up from the FX helmet.

Also, we don't know for sure, like with those on the vetted list, who the guy behind this website is, so if they have a bad time and screw you over there is nothing we can do here on FISD.

I really enjoy reading about the histories behind the different armor. I wonder if the other divisions of the 501st (other costumes) have this much fragmentation (for lack of a better word). 

• 3 months later...