S&T Airsoft Sterling

Brody

If the Hasbro is accurate enough to be approved with, this is one will easily do the job once converted. Yes many details are a bit off, yet nothing major and i'm pretty confident you can even be Centurion approved with it. 

• 4 weeks later...

I've read that it has some nasty seams along the mag receiver and that the dimensions are off in general

Sorry for being somewhat late to the party, but;

I suppose the weld seams could be dremeled down, and repainted/oxidized?

Besides, from the pictures on evike.com the welds don't look THAT terrible, I've seen worse on actual real-life automatic rifles.

You could think about filing down the grip so that the roundness and markings are a bit more accurate, it's just a tad too square because of the gearbox configuration inside.

A lot of people, like myself, probably don't like the non-working/clunky plastic resin folding stock of Doopydoo's version much, considering the amount of praise real metal blasters get on these forums, both mods and scratch-built.

Besides, if one should choose to go for a resin blaster, one would probably have to redo the whole thing to ones own particular liking/detail awareness level anyways.

In my opinion it's better to have the up-close heft, look and weight of a proper metal version you could put on the wall for display, than a brittle resin blaster or less detailed rubber version, even though the dimensions may be some millimeters off.

Kids won't be scrutinizing it with their rulers and laser meters anyways. :D

This probably is a very good alternative if you don't have your own mill, bandsaw, CNC machine, laser cutter, or 3d printer, as is  required to build a realistic scratch-model.

Also; these things can, after all, be dropped and banged up and get a realistic weathering effect instead of cracking into a billion brittle pieces. ;)

Edited by SofusSnake

I converted mine, mostly because I dislike nonfunctional props. It does have some inaccuracies as stated, but the overall finished effect is quite good. Especially has a very nice heft to it. I'm working at converting the other company's version into a ROTJ E-11 as well, as practice for having a go at my MGC...

• Like 1

Mine pretty much looks like the one in the video, minus the power cylinders as I dislike that look.

It's worth noting that the same company has teased a retail E-11 version. Though the teaser pic I saw had the scope on backwards, as well as the magazine. With the amount of reference out there, you'd think they would be able to get that right...

I'm looking at the Evike site and I now see there was a cruddy action version that I'd heard bad things about, but now they sell the Matrix/beta version which is much better all-around. I want one now. $250 isn't that bad for a steel airsoft not to mention it being the base for our guns. Only thing is you can't open them up and add electronic pew pews (I have an imagination tho)

Edited by charlesnarles

Yeah... before, it was a prototype ROTJ base (round front sight and d-ring on nose). Now it looks pretty darn close to ANH other than the nozzle of which I have an accurate spare! I just got one 😊 And I read you can open up the handle to fiddle around inside. Wahoo! Where are Gino and his t-tracks?

Edited by charlesnarles

On 5/10/2015 at 7:28 AM, Star1687 said:

--------

Enjoy!

Haha, they put the scope and magazine on backwards :P

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

• 2 months later...