Death Trooper W.I.P. (#2!)

My own Death Trooper is essentially done -- the only thing left to do is to get someone to take pictures of my suit for my application. I recently decided I wanted to hook up one of my local friends with his own DT to accompany me on the adventures I'm about to have. 

Because I'm a dirt poor college kid with an insatiable hankering to continue pursuing this expensive hobby, I'm currently taking broken/unwanted parts from people until I have enough to make an entire costume, as opposed to buying a whole new kit.

Goodbye, shiny red helmet.

thm_phpCzVpJF.jpg

Some FX thermal detonator parts being shipped out:

IMG_2393_zpsfxp05jt9.png

And a few more parts being shipped after C7:

DSCF0005_zpsafeedsdr.jpg

This one will be more of an original design. Wish me luck in gathering the pieces I need and getting my friend suited up. This build ought to go a lot smoother than my first.

EDIT: You guys are awesome. So far I've been offered a thermal detonator, chest plate, shoulder bells, sniper knee plate, bicep, and thighs -- for next to no cost. The generosity of FISD and Spec Ops has been putting a big goofy smile on this face lately. Rest assured your generosity will help me get this friend of mine into the Legion in due time. 

Edited by Shel'la Tracinya

Quick progress shot of the new helmet:

11051902_10202889278113031_5978923017301

The frown will only remain black until I get the correct grey paint. The sharpie marks represent where I plan to use the dremel cutting wheel. The blood was done with Testors gloss red enamel. Planning to make that look fairly more realistic. Gotta give the rest of the helmet a dirty wash of yellows, browns, and greens.