3D printed Three part Mic Tip project ( Hovi Mix Pa2 )

Hey Vaj,  I'm still looking to win a second set of Hovi's with my order... ;) .

I stopped by Grainger and ordered the screws mentioned earlier in this thread (none of the stores have them in stock - special order).

When they come in, I'll post a picture.  If they're not the correct screws, they'll go into my shop stock, so no loss.

Grainger says they will arrive in a few days, so cross your fingers!

Do you have a sales thread for these yet? If not, how much would one set cost?   

Amazing job on these!

No not yet! I will make a sale thread when I decided which screws/bolts will come with the mic tips. I have some sets ready to ship and the screws with nuts and washers are very close. I just wait a little bit to see if I can find them even closer!

For prices please drop me pm! :)

Hey Vaj,  I'm still looking to win a second set of Hovi's with my order... ;) .

I stopped by Grainger and ordered the screws mentioned earlier in this thread (none of the stores have them in stock - special order).

When they come in, I'll post a picture.  If they're not the correct screws, they'll go into my shop stock, so no loss.

Grainger says they will arrive in a few days, so cross your fingers!

Very cool Aaron! ;) It looks like I found them already but there are no square nuts that will fit this screw thread! Therefore I need to make a compromise soon or maybe I stay with the screws I had from the beginning. I can't wait to see the graingers screws!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A little update on this!

o6im34.jpg

I decided to change the bolts to bigger ones as its easier for assembling and it fits just better.

This is how the Hovi's look finished to my personal preference and attached to a helmet. The trick is you can attach the bolts with the base of the mic tip to the helmet and can screw the mainbody with the nipple after then!

sgn3o4.jpg

166esew.jpg

While the exchangerate from Euro to Dollar makes it an unfair price for you US guys I will drop the price to 25$ US-International and 25€ within Europe including shipping for both. I will update this in the sales section! :) I think this price drop will please the hardliners as well as the people who think mic tips are only a luxury item.

Since the price has changed now I will give 10% discount to the customers who already bought some of my Hovi's on their next order!

Thank you guys :)

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes I am working on it. The pictures of the back part nipple I found are not very nice. The diameter of the mic tip and the nipple from the inside fit both perfectly on the black mainbody. The Nipple on the back side is a bit different though at the screen used comlink and it needs to be modified. It would be cool to get some feedback if there is enough interest.

RfKuw3.jpg

Edited by Vaj

• 5 months later...

Well done Dan! Great comparison! I have to mention in the future my Mic tips will have the screen mesh already installed! So no difficult cutting for everbody anymore :) I can also offer them painted with airbrush now if wanted.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

well my computer is broken and I can't use my 3D modelling programs. Actually I only have my laptop which is too weak to work with and I need to make the back piece for the com link! I think I will have a new computer in january and continue this project.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Marcus, when will you have these for sale? You last posted almost two months ago, and I don't see any other postings.

If you aren't going to sell the finished product, then at least please allow those of us across the pond the .stl files, so we can print our own.