Can you guys turn on/off helmet electronics while wearing your bucket?

With my bucket on, I can't reach into my bucket to turn on my helmet fan. I placed the switch in front between the hovi tips. The only way is to turn on the fan before I put on the bucket. Because, I can't bend my arms that far to be able to reach into my bucket while wearing it.

Is that the same for everyone else here?

I can bend my arm just enough to turn my Echo fan system on and off. My environmental sound must be turned on before I put on the helmet, but I can control the volume while wearing the helmet because I mounted that component next to one of the fan switches.

-Pete

Same as above, can only turn my fans on and off with bucket on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

----------- With my bucket on, I can't reach into my bucket to turn on my helmet fan. I placed the switch in front between the hovi tips. The only way is to turn on the fan before I put on the bucket. Because, I can't bend my arms that far to be able to reach into my bucket while wearing it.<br>
Is that the same for everyone else here?<br><br>

Hi john. I can power on/off the fans in my helmet since I have the switch positioned on the side of my helmet. im not able to upload pictures but I copied the link on top  so you can see how I have it set up.  PM me if you have any questions

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

Update: I can actually turn on/off everything in my bucket while wearing it. It is just difficult to turn the EAS/RomFX on and off because they have small slide switches, as opposed to the push buttons of the fans.

• Like 1

Update: I can actually turn on/off everything in my bucket while wearing it. It is just difficult to turn the EAS/RomFX on and off because they have small slide switches, as opposed to the push buttons of the fans.

Yea me too, but then again I can sit down in cars in armor also, just a bit flexible I guess lol

• Like 1

Can turn my fans on and off while wearing helmet, but can't sit down like show off ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Don't lie, you're Winnie the Poohing behind that car door to sit behind the wheel.

I ended up making fan mounting plates from spare ABS and mounting them to the rear of the hovi tip. This let me mount the fans directly under the lenses.

Also freed up space to e600 an l-bracket to mount the cutoff switch to the inside of the cheek tube, pointing down just forward of the ears. Allows me to cut on/off at will with my thumb.

Old thread.

But yes, I can easily reach up and turn my fans on and off. (separate switches, each side, one for each fan) I purposely chose simple toggle switches that I can flip with one finger near my ear. And yes my arm bends enough to reach my ear.

Reaching up to power on the amp for the speaker system is a little trickier, because it's a wheel know slightly farther in, but still doable.