My Authentic E11 Blaster Build

Wildunc1

I have never built any props but about a year ago I purchased a British Sterling from someone on this site. He never got around to starting the build so I got it and did. Once I got my hands on the Sterling, I got a M38 scope, a Hengstler counter, some T-Track and I purchased one of WolfCubDesigns Power Cylinders. I made the scope rail out of a steel bar. Anyway, I finally finished it this week and I couldn't be happier.

post-14228-0-45850400-1428637353_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Fantastic! It's like a slap in the face how beautiful it is. I really love the way you cut the magazine, very short. I often feel like most people doing that leave too much of the magazine when you compare it to what you mostly see on the film.

I like the mention "Built Using All Authentic Parts" on the plaque, seems deserved regarding your blaster.

• 3 weeks later...

Yea, it's very heavy. After finishing it, I started looking at old publicity photos of Han & Luke holding the E11. It's hard to find a photo with them holding and aiming it straight out with their arms extended. They're always aiming it high in the air. It's because of the weight of the weapon. If you had to hold it with your arms extended, your arms will start to shake from the weight.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For filming they used real, blank firing weapons (other than the Tunisia/Bapty blasters). Thus, they would have weighed in at about 7lbs., with the scope, Hengstler, t-tracks and cylinders added. Original weapon weight about 6lbs, maybe a touch more if memory serves. Only the new deac specs require the whole receiver filled with bar stock which adds that weight to make it 30+. Only reason I mention this is that they were not 30lbs+ in the publicity photos. Still, they are most definitely heavier than one would assume given their small size. The folding stock and solid, large bolt add probably 100% to the rest.