Comic style TD help!

Im about finished with my complete build for my fiancé (Minus the helmet). Sorry I did not make a build thread, that was due to no decent camera and no photo bucket or however you post pics. (Im indeed, silly). Any who...... I did not receive a flat white piece or two rings for my TD. How did you guys make those pieces? Im guessing heat bend a flat piece of ABS over the TD tube? Im lost here. Any help would be stellar. Cheers!

Use scrap strips.  I used a ruler and made strips about 2mm wide with a sharp knife.  Just glue em on with CA and make sure the seam is pointing at the backplate.

Use scrap strips.  I used a ruler and made strips about 2mm wide with a sharp knife.  Just glue em on with CA and make sure the seam is pointing at the backplate.

Ok but isn't there a solid flat plate in the middle of those rings? Thats what Im lost with.

Yes, I just used a flat sheet of ABS, think it was the leftover from the coverstrips/shims that came with the kit.  I can't recall the exact dimensions, but I want to say it was like 4x5".

• 1 year later...

Don't know how I missed this discussion. I've been struggling with this last detail also. I ended up messaging Kevin because I had assumed there had to be a piece missing or something but he told me that I could use the left over ABS to make the rectangle and rings. I'm also having a hard time making the caps fit but I'm going to try sanding the edges down tonight and see if I can make it work.