Mutter's HWT pack

• 3 months later...

As I mentioned, this was going to be a really slow build.  I lost my first oil pan because I had to change my oil.  Bought another one from Bavarian Motorsports, it's the 9qt size and fits my back nearly perfectly.

I had received the boxes from QuarterMaster but was interrupted to build my GF's legacy stormtrooper armor.  Now that that's out of the way, the pack can begin.

Basic layout of the main components.

IMG_7983_zps2mjtmi4w.jpg

Removing some of the external ridges so the boxes lay flat.

IMG_8326_zpssqmc4g1z.jpg

and then repainted a few pieces so the center cylinder matched.

IMG_8370_zpsums8lrma.jpg

I need to do some cleanup on the repainted areas.  That's about it for now.  Been multi-tasking between this, a Jawa and a Tusken Raider.

• Like 1

Turned out GREAT, Greg!  I got to thinking about something a few weeks ago... I realized that although my HWT armor is  "battle scarred" to a degree, my pack looked like new.  So, I "weathered" it a bit, and I find it blends in much better with the whole look.  Just a thought...20150708_143603_resized_zps11jd3cpp.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks, Joseph.  I still have lots more to do on the pack and weathering is definitely one of them.  It's way too pristine looking now and wouldn't fit in with a weather HWT.

With Quartermaster boxes and the smaller oil pan you are going to have one heck of a spot on HWT pack. Looking great so far.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wow that looks pretty good! I was skeptical about the boxes because of the initial shock of the cost. But looking at the details of the boxes, you can definitely see the quality. Heck, half my boxes came from Dollar Tree and Walmart and maybe spent less than $20. But hell, maybe later I'll look into those boxes! post-20308-143753390459_thumb.jpg

fantastic Greg. I just bounced into your thread researching my HWT pack build...just got my parts from John too lol

Looks like you're off to a great start!

• Like 1

Thanks for the compliments!  Quartermaster has some serious boxes and are worth it.  Between an awesome vacation and juggling a few other projects, I hope to have this finished within the next week or two. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so I added the side pipe for a second time.  The first time I cut it too short and it looked weird.  I used a kool-aid top on the tumbler for whatever that thing is that goes on the bottom right corner.

IMG_8448_zpsinbjb73w.jpg

Painted it all up and submitted my pics.  I'm glad to report that I'm now a Heavy Weapons Trooper!

IMG_8803_zpssinqfp6k.jpg

IMG_8794_zpsxwxjjvs7.jpg

IMG_8807_zpsb1ztjsxp.jpg

IMG_8801_zpsgkogxt3o.jpg

Looking SHARP, Greg, and congrats on joining the ranks of HWTs!!  Hopefully you will be adding HWT EIB and HWT Centurion to your signature soon!

I over applied the weathering on the pack on my first try.

IMG_8845_zps5psoyeiu.jpg

Added some softening and black paint.  Here's the final look.  

IMG_8856_zpsa3cjqgdo.jpg

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

The boxes came from Quartermaster.<br>

The frame is a 9 qt oil pan from Bavarian Motorsports<br>

The pipe is from Home Depot<br>

The center column thing is a handi-wipe container from Target<br><br>

I think that's everything

• Like 2