Poor Man's DLT 19 build- Hasbro E11 conversion

Tusken RTT

Now that I have the PP (DVH) E11, what to do with the old Hasbro?  Fumantroop found a great thread on a conversion build for a DLT 19 on the Star Garrison site, so I wanted to give it a try!  

After heading to the hardware store and getting the parts (all total under 30$- spray paint biggest expense) you can get after it with your drill and drimmell and basically have the weapon ready for sanding and painting all in an afternoon!  The original build thread kept most of the Doopy conversion pieces on the Hasbro, but Andrew talked me into losing them and I am glad he did. 

It's basically some PVC parts, mouthwash cap, Shout spray bottle and whatever metal or plastic bits I could find in my garage.  

So here is what I have so far;  I think I'm going to clean her up with some sanding and get the silver paint coat on next, followed by the flat black and finally some weathering.  I ordered some cheap T shaped weatherstripping that I am going to use for the t-tracks, then to glue them on and wire them up. 

For the purist out there, no I would not bring this to official events;  this would be more for the informal troops.  

Anyone wanting a copy of the original build thread, let me know!  I can scan it and post it.  

QNShp4i.jpg

ZUh1BSf.jpg

D3GMvnT.jpg

j4lgqOk.jpg

UnEu9bL.jpg

• Like 1

"Anyone wanting a copy of the original build thread, let me know!  I can scan it and post it."

Please do.  That looks like it would be fun to build.

Got her painted and weathered;  need some brown I guess for the stock, it looked too clean so I had to make due for now.  

Will get some armor'd up pics next troop;  certainly will not have to be shy about handing this off to fans or kiddo's who want the weapon pic, can't wait to have some fun with it!  

nVWdY6u.jpg?1

0uXOAhk.jpg?1

xh4Cd7r.jpg

Edited by Tusken RTT

22822_10153200567099491_7494072750442732

So, this is what I ended up with.

I followed the tutorial for the poor man DLT and instead using a E-11 I used the main gun of a 2008 "Built your own clone trooper blaster" in addition, I used

1/1/4'' instead the 1" pvc pipe to match the barrel width. Materials were about $15 and the gun was $15 on ebay. Best $30 bucks I ever spent  

Edited by TKedt

thanks scott. After a few tweaks last night , I think this is the final product. Your help  sharing the original tread was a key component because I didn't know there was a way to make this weapon in low budget..  dlt_zps2wn0xjvf.jpg

ebay is your best bet. you need the main gun only, the barrel is useless . You will replace it with the PVC pipe instead.

The main change is that you need a 1 1/2'' to 1 1/4 coupling. The 1/2" goes in the tip of the" build a blaster" (it will fit small so you have to dremel it inside to make it fit. Don't dremel too wide because you need it to fit tight in order to hold the barrel (you can use some E600 also to seal off). Then, you attach the 1 1/4" barrel to the coupling and bingo!!!! say hello to my little friend!

Going from this>>>

_57%201_zpsogfnyonj.jpg

to this>>>>>>dlt_zps2wn0xjvf.jpg

Edited by TKedt
  • Like 1

Im awaiting funding to pull the trigger :) also considering using 2 kickstands off a bicycle for a functional bipod. We shall see. Ill have to get the pvc and begin drilling, then see if it could handle it

Ordered the build you own blaster stuff. Should be here next week! And yes i agree, when i have a dr's salary, i would love to upgrade to a hyperfirm :)

Oh that's really nice! May I have a copy of the thread of your DLT-19 build? I'm opening up my Kenner to get the wiring to install into a decommissioned British Sterling that I am converting to the Blaster.

I did not made a thread, this this a spur of the moment project. I basically followed the original thread that is posted in the first pages of this topic . However, I replaced the 1" original to 1 1/4" to match the barrel of the gun. Also, I did replace the e-11 with  the" build a blaster".

The main change is that you need a 1 1/2'' to 1 1/4 coupling. The 1 1/2" goes in the tip of the" build a blaster" (it will fit small so you have to dremel it inside to make it fit. Don't dremel too wide because you need it to fit tight in order to hold the barrel (you can use some E600 also to seal off). Then, you attach the 1 1/4" barrel to the coupling and bingo!!!! say hello to my little friend!

In essence, I took the information or the original thread and built with different materials.

Edited by TKedt