No reponds from maker

I am becoming a little worried that I will not receive the armour I ordered back in December 2014 and January 2015. I will not list the person's name who I ordered from to preserve his current reputation but I'm looking for some advice or calming words.

I order a helmet from someone who was listed in this topic http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/11538-the-various-types-of-armor-and-where-to-find-them/. I ordered the helmet first, as I only had the funds for the helmet, on Dec. 31, 2014. I received an email back from the maker confirming payment was received and that it would take 2 to 3 months. Funds became available to order the rest of the outfit, so I ordered it on Jan 10th, 2015. After sending ordering, I emailed the maker that I would still like to have the helmet before the outfit since I paid 2 shipping fees. He confirmed that he would send it seperate.

I recently sent the maker two emails just trying to get an update on production since the 3 month mark is just about here. I have received no responds. The first email was sent on 3/20/2015 and the second on 3/27/2015.

Has anyone had this type of anxiety before? I did use paypal and it says I have 180 days to dispute. I really want to give this person the benefit of the doubt.

Thanks.

Christopher,

Everyone has the same type of anxiety that you're having while waiting for shipping and arrival.  You can rest assured of that.  ;)

You have ordered through a reputable vendor here on FISD. Great start. Most of these are just normal guys with family and work obligations. Perhaps a vacation thrown in there too. I would be a bit more patient. You should hear back soon?

One of the things I learned on my TK journey was the same one I learned in the military... "Hurry up and wait".   Just like Jay said, "These are just normal guys...", and not big companies.  As long as you ordered from a vetted seller, you can rest assured that "Big Brown Box day" will come!  I waited 3 months, and some have waited up to 10 months, so remember that patience is a virtue.  I used the wait time to order everything I would need, and spent countless hours on research, as well as building my blaster.   Use this time wisely, and all the best on your build, future trooper!

Yes! The vendors are not Amazon!

BUT (a big BUT): i think a vendor have to answer during 48 or 72 hours on a PM (except you are ill or in hospital). You should answer at least to the second PM. Just a short message.....

Because we all are not Goldman&Sachs ;) and we have to pay (at least a deposit) before the build starts or whatever... 

Just my 2cent

(because i have the same problem with a vendor outside the fisd since January 2014!).

Good for you- I have never not gotten replies from anyone on this site when I have ordered something, but building the Tusken was another story. That really bugs me - if someone will not be able to answer emails for whatever reason in a weeks time, setup a simple out of office reply. Takes 10 seconds.