Helmet:  AM 2.0

Blaster:  Doopydoos

Holster:  Gazmosis

Boots:  Imperial Boots

Canvas belt:  Imperial Issue

Hand plates:  Latex

Neck seal:  Home made

Gloves:  Chemical rubber

Note:  I realize the chest plate will have to be replaced before applying for Centurion status, (in the works)..  All comments are welcome, and thanks for your consideration!

IMGP0369_zpsduhydbef.jpgIMGP0370_zps5miefggv.jpgIMGP0372_zpskbkfoeg1.jpgIMGP0375_zpsk2njrmba.jpgIMGP0366_zpshdcbm8mp.jpgIMGP0377_zps3r85oce1.jpgIMGP0339_zpsz8jvpxfk.jpgIMGP0338_zpsre5temju.jpgIMGP0337_zpsso7qufzm.jpg

IMGP0363_zpsxf7zrjrt.jpgIMGP0399_zpsk9xx7qcz.jpgIMGP0397_zps8zgd92ej.jpgIMGP0398_zpsi5n0mmph.jpgIMGP0407_zpsg3y33gh8.jpgIMGP0405_zpsfqcr5evm.jpgIMGP0362_zpsarigstok.jpgIMGP0361_zpse9qyuicj.jpgIMGP0360_zpsmhms67ph.jpgIMGP0357_zpstyuikd3f.jpgIMGP0355_zpsfiqcri53.jpgIMGP0354_zpspbp9bsky.jpgIMGP0351_zpstz2cj1ha.jpgIMGP0349_zpsi3ozaxo8.jpgIMGP0333_zpsjvvrpkrm.jpgIMGP0359_zpsht7on2of.jpgIMGP0342_zpsrzgpv86h.jpgIMGP0341_zpsg4q4fkik.jpgIMGP0344_zpsxpbbgc75.jpgIMGP0343_zpshlfe5hzp.jpgIMGP0346_zpsxkdjy1ya.jpg

Ooops, almost forgot these...  Sorry that they are out of order..

IMGP0412_zpsbwglhfii.jpgIMGP0408_zpsurd9a5sn.jpgIMGP0336_zps7zk2emmn.jpg

• Like 1

Hey joseph!  A few things that I see on your armor that could use some attention are:  1.  Your biceps and forearms appear to be rotated out.  The thumprint on the bicep should be facing your body.  2.  Next is your belt is sitting too low.  It should be touching the button plate.  3.  Your back plate is overlapping  your kidney plate.  I don't know if there is some leeway with this or not.  Yours is only minimal so I don't know if will matter or not. 

You have done a good job and I really don't know if these listed will affect your approval but they are some things that will make your armor look that much better! 

• Like 1

Looking good Trooper!  Let Steve go over any tweeks he may see as well.

With that said, Gazmosis will be AFK until April 4th, so please stand by.

• Like 1

Thanks, Steve!  Not sure why the back plate is riding over the kidney.  I attached the strapping to leave a 3/16 gap, (see photo).  Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated!  Also, you are correct, the biceps are twisting, but I am about to remedy that, and will post some pics when completed tomorrow.  Again, thanks to you and Mark for the input!  Standing by for Gazmosis....

Edited by justjoseph63

HEEEEYYY Joseph, looking awesome sir.  :duim:

If I had any suggestions at this time it would be to reign in the chest plate. I don't see a pic to give you some suggestions.

Good luck sir.

• Like 1

You are right, Tony, good call!  I figured out that I had not pulled it forward enough, which was also causing my back plate to over-ride the kidney a bit, so I have addressed that issue and the bicep turning problem.  Just have to work on the raising the belt this afternoon, and make yet another trip to Lowe's to get panhead screws for my TD.

ADDENDUM:  Should I replace the submitted photos with updated ones?

Edited by justjoseph63
  • Like 1

At last, Joseph!! Thank you for your application to Expert Infantry!! We have a few things to go over so lets look at your fine build!!

CRL and EIB Application Requirements:

All required photos have been submitted. Your armor displays all necessary elements to qualify for EIB. With pleasure, I both congratulate and welcome you to Expert Infantry!!!

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly:   In this section, suggestions by myself and your fellow troopers are made to improve the overall final look of your armor. Unless specifically stated, these suggestions will NOT affect the outcome of any application. Items that CAN, will be listed below in "Centurion Suggestions".

Very nice work on your overall build. Your armor seems to fit well and looks comfortable. Very nice paint work on the helmet details. This is never easy.

At times, wearing your armor correctly is almost as important as building it correctly. There was a concern regarding the placement of your arm parts and I agree that they are a bit out of alignment. With your arms hanging at your sides, the molded ridge on your shoulders should align with the MOLDED ridge of your bicep, and the molded, square indent ridge should fall into close alignment with the molded ridge of your bicep. post-12041-0-08404100-1428435410_thumb.jpg 

I question the position of your shoulder bridges. Almost never is there the amount of chest material you have showing on the shoulder side of the bridges. They seem to be mounted too far toward the neck side. This is something regardless of application, I would strongly suggest moving to be more centered. 

Your chest should not be flying so outward when raising your arms or anytime for that matter. I would install some chest to ab or back to ab straps to keep this "reigned in" as Tony suggested. If you do a back to ab strap, make sure you install it high enough above your sides so it is not seen.

In the future, it would save you gluing hassles by leaving the extended material around the center ab button plate.  If you upgrade this, just make sure the edges do not exceed the curved edge of the base "stage".

Centurion Suggestions:

Joseph and I spoke at great length regarding the "updated" AM chest featured on his armor here. The updated chest includes a much softened set of molded details on the chest compared to hard lined edges on the previous version. Although this is more correct, these softened details are still on the original AM chest shape mold which is the main reason for its ineligibility for Centurion. The back plate Joseph has here is great, though! Updating this chest would still be necessary but this would also solve your shoulder bridge issue. I would still consider this.

You belt has a bit of a low position in front. It needs to be positioned touching or slightly overlapping the bottom edge of your button plates.

Your left side rivets are a little bunched. However, your kidney and ab plates are a little taller than other armors. The top edge of the AM ab plate does not have the slope from center to edge compared to other armors like the RS ab pictures herepost-12041-0-14883300-1428436660_thumb.jpg  This can be remedied with a little work. I marked in red a possible trim line. post-12041-0-39755100-1428436772_thumb.jpg  Although you would need to replace the male snap on the opposite side, this would bring your left side rivets into a better position. It would also solve the next issue and that is the overlap of the back plate onto your kidney. 

Trimming these parts would probably require some work with a hobby iron to replace the return edges, but in the end I believe it will be worth it. 

You will need to replace the large snap on the cod with the same split rivet you used on your ab and kidney seam. 

Lastly, your thermal detonator seems large to me. I am aware that the AM center control panel is cut a little close on the right side, but there should still only be a 1/2 -5/8 " max gap between the end caps and center control panel giving an overall length to your detonator of 7 1/4- 7 1/2". Please show a measurement of yours or if it is indeed long, you'll need to do some trimming. 

I know you have a bit of a road in front of you but I am confident you will nail this. 

Congrats on your EIB again!!!

• Like 1

Thank you SO much for all the input, Steve!  I just ordered a hobby iron, and I am going to take your advice about cutting down the ab and kidney plates.  This will solve another problem for me, actually, and make the armor MUCH more comfortable!

I have already addressed several of the other items on the list, thanks to those who were kind enough to offer suggestions, including:

1.  Biceps no longer roll forward, and molded ridges line up.  Fixed!.

2.  Chest rolling out:  I figured out that I was wearing everything too far back, which caused that problem, and made the back plate hang over the kidney.  Fixed!

3.  Belt:  Moved the snaps on the back of the belt.  Fixed!

I will replace the rivet in the cod this weekend.

Still looking for a new chest plate, and will order shoulder bars with it.

My TD is 7 5/8 in total length, but the gap between the plate and the end caps is right at 1 inch, so I guess the plate is too narrow.  I'll start looking for a new one tonight!

Hopefully I can get everything complete in a few weeks, and then I will be applying for my HWT EIB, then onto Centurion!

Again, I really appreciate your input, as well as everyone elses.  Thanks!!!!!