Bawork22's RS PVC ANH Stunt Build

Hey everyone.

Big brown box day has finally arrived for me!

d137c1fa-7318-4486-bb13-6c0cc3e5f76d_zps

I've got to say it has been a pleasure working with RS Prop Masters. Communication (w/ Andrea specifically) has been great. I let them know I wanted to go with PVC on Monday morning. They shipped my kit by Wednesday morning, and it landed on my doorstep by 6pm Friday night. You really can't beat that turn around time. 

I'm really excited to get started.

image_zpsqho1lqyr.jpg

Everything was very well organized.

e62d38d2-2071-4c58-838e-cfb07d439676_zps

I got started on the bucket this morning before I went to work. Not sure how much more I want to take off on the eyes. Thoughts?

image_zpsutvbfxpw.jpg

Also the sides of the face plate and the cap and back already seem pretty well trimmed from RS, but I'm a little unsure about this wonky bit on the side and whether or not I should trim more off. It seems awfully close to the pre-existing hole locations. (even though I may not use those)

image_zpsyyl94avf.jpg

image_zpsmtbxboyd.jpg

image_zpsy84jjf2j.jpg

image_zpsnlvwawoa.jpg

I look forward to all the pointers you guys can give me. I definitely will continue to scour the forum for more info, I've already got a few great build threads bookmarked!

-Andrew

Thanks man! The fun has already started.

Just a quick before bed update. After work I studied a bunch of reference photos and realized I needed to take way more off on the eyes. So I did that, and roughed out the teeth with the exacto knife. My wife is asleep so I don't want to make too much noise so I'm going to finish up with filing the teeth in the morning. I'm really looking forward to spending the day building tomorrow!  :dancing-trooper:

image_zpsxwta5h3r.jpg

Update time, I realized late last night that I forgot to buy a riveter, so I woke up bright and early to go grab one and start getting this bucket together. Since I didn't have the rivet gun I started work on the forearms. Got one side completely trimmed, now I've got to do the side without the flat. Spent the morning sculpting away on the ears, It's a little tricky but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

Does anybody have any tips for cutting the cover strips in PVC? The material is pretty thick and it doesn't really like to snap very easily. I want to make everything nice and straight and I'm not sure I can do that with scissors.

image_zps4vbuj3kz.jpg

image_zpsommis9si.jpg

image_zpsn66dpfm7.jpg

image_zps0jbnoatf.jpg

That's how eyes and teeth should be trimmed on a helmet. Very well done! And so far the forearm looks good too.

About straight lines, the score & snap technic is by far the easiest way to do it. Are you sure it won't work with PVC? You might just have to score the PVC few more times than what you would do with ABS.

the PVC is soft and does not snap per se.

like R2Dan said, you need to use a straight edge and score several times. 

follow my RS PVC build thread to see http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/25538-wideamgs-rs-props-pvc-anh-stunt-build/

More elbow grease it is then!

Got the right ear on, I don't think it looks too bad for my first attempt. Unfortunately I took too much off doing what I thought was a rough trim on the left ear. So bucket work is going to be postponed for a while. Pretty bummed about it but RS is throwing in a free set of ears with my boots and belt that they are shipping this weekend. I'm going to try and get some more work done on the forearms this week but I've got family coming from out of town on Saturday so the build is going to have to go on hiatus for a week. I'm going to try and get the bucket knocked out once they leave but almost immediately after they leave I'm flying out for Celebration! Then it's back to work.

image_zpsyaevv3bt.jpg

image_zpshorgxavb.jpg

image_zpsrswu0ma4.jpg

• Like 1

Update time. Been slowly but surely trying to knock out this helmet during any free time I could get this last week. Finally finished my bucket today. It will never be "done" but I've already got thicker lens material and mesh for the frown on the way. It's definitely not perfect but I'm pretty happy with how it's turned out for my first try. I used trooper bay's stencils for the blue, and the lines on the back. Everything else was hand painted. I believe I still need to paint the screw heads white but I figured I would hold off in case I needed to take everything apart again for some reason. Gonna try and get some work done on the rest of the armor now but I'm also jumping back and forth with planning for Celebration. I'm flying out Wednesday and can not wait. Picture time!

After I got both ears on.

image_zps0hk2w0xh.jpg

During the painting process

image_zpsw29fnoo3.jpg

"Finished"

F88EF400-0D6A-4CA1-AA81-F95D69A83C8A_zps

EC7DB5E2-2BB0-4844-99EC-D82DB5DA15FB_zps

43125DA3-3720-4A7C-988E-306989726D8B_zps

3EE5DBC5-27EA-46ED-A5E0-C6EA2C2ABDC4_zps

FA6CBD0F-2912-4A7B-9836-4B3D188F2879_zps

My first completed bucket selfie  :smiley-sw013:

E4C0A69C-35AC-4DF8-AFE3-95354C26C7CB_zps

My new kicks from RS showed up as well.

A8B2CE57-AE6D-46F4-BDA6-881964FE478A_zps

Looking forward to seeing everyone at Celebration!!  :dancing-trooper:

• 3 weeks later...

Update time. I've been working away on my TK. Got a good bit done last weekend. Been slowly working during the week. Unfortunately I only have an hour or two a day during the week where I can work on it so not too much has gotten done. I've gotten the arms all assembled. Gonna wait till I've got the torso together and I have some assistance before I strap all the pieces together so I'm sure it will fit right. Probably going to paint my inner cover strips white before hand as well. Trimmed up the chest and an plate. Also got the brackets installed. Gonna have to teach myself to sew the elastic together as I don't have a sewing machine. Going to see avengers tomorrow so this is it for the week, but I've got my entire weekend open so I'm hoping to knock a bunch of this suit out.

C2A5B44E-50CA-4EBD-AE5E-1BA960AF8F7F_zps

Everything looks good. Just a little heads-up, your shoulder bells are reversed on your picture:

c2a5b410.jpg

Good call, thanks. I'll probably label the inside of them when I get home.

I had a productive weekend! I trimmed/ added brackets to/ assembled the entire torso! My wife was kind enough to sew up the elastic for me. I also got the belt assembled minus the holster that I still need to acquire. I gave the inside of my arm pieces a quick spray of paint to at least dull the red for sale sign I used for inner strips. I believe I've gotten everything together correctly as I'm shooting for eventual Centurion. I just need to lose the weight to fit in it properly lol. Please excuse the mediocre pics as I didn't have any helpers at the time. Gonna work on getting the arms and everything fitting right and then start working on the legs.

0706B7A2-52A1-4766-9E5E-29289BD4D155_zps

29E71741-42C0-4174-99D6-1020EA705CD3_zps

8F10336F-995D-4FE3-B0CD-A18E4A6FA37C_zps

ADD8D97C-4F52-4B1A-A254-663AC8778F32_zps

26DAE72F-7E1E-43E5-8559-6C46F98246FE_zps

B5F02BE2-4B9E-47D6-8188-13830DA7A8DE_zps

AE7BF27D-8E0E-448C-AD21-B31FC9CFE2C5_zps

A2E39590-6B05-450E-B158-C175246D9464_zps

For a second there I thought I was seeing things :blink:.  In your selfies the split rivets appear to be installed on the right side of your armor ...hahaha.

Awesome job Andrew.  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

Looks like you got everything right indeed!

The male snap on the right side of your abdominal plate is a bit far from the edge though, because of the extra ABS material you left. Also you may want to shorten the shoulder straps (the onesgoing from the bells to the bridges) so there's not so much gap between the shoulder bells and the chest plate when your arms are at side.

I gave the inside of my arm pieces a quick spray of paint to at least dull the red for sale sign I used for inner strips.

I hope it won't leave marks on your undersuit after several troops. With the sweat and the heat, the paint might come off after some time.

Looks like you got everything right indeed!

The male snap on the right side of your abdominal plate is a bit far from the edge though, because of the extra ABS material you left. Also you may want to shorten the shoulder straps (the onesgoing from the bells to the bridges) so there's not so much gap between the shoulder bells and the chest plate when your arms are at side.

I hope it won't leave marks on your undersuit after several troops. With the sweat and the heat, the paint might come off after some time.

On the shoulder straps, are you referring to the earlier pictures in my post? If you look at the last picture where I am pointing, I have moved the bells in a lot.

I'm working on losing the weight, so hopefully I'll be able to trim off the necessary amount on the right side.

As for the pint we'll see how that works out, didn't really think about that. If it does my under suit was very cheap, just got it off amazon. It won't be the end of the world if I have to replace it.

• Like 1

And it's complete! I worked through Saturday night to finish up the armor. I still need to make a few adjustments and paint over a few screws but all the hard stuff is done.

9AE5F9DA-AFE1-4547-AC25-A416C3D56429_zps

7267BF70-99D1-4923-9204-819B7EFAEC4F_zps

7295596B-D1A0-4018-A3F1-C069C0100F0B_zps

Looks great! Excellent work!

I think your thighs could be pulled up a little though. It should ease your walking, especially when climbing stairs.

You're totally right. The thighs were my biggest and only issue yesterday. They were sagging and getting caught up with the knee plate. Other than that everything was very comfortable.

• 2 weeks later...