hasbro e-11 "one step beyond" mod tutorial [picture heavy]

okay just making me jealous now.

just erm-ing and ah-ing abt the T-Rails - was wondering whether to go DH2 suggestion of using a wiper blade.....

will post pics once done - warning; I am slowest modder in the world; got a 3 yr old and a set of 1yr old twins to run after!

• 2 weeks later...
Where can I get bondo?

Also, what paint(brand or whatever) did you use?

You can get Bondo anywhere. Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, anyplace like that it should be in the paint section or the automotive section. Any paint will work. Go for flat black paint and grey primer.

You can get Bondo anywhere. Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Lowes, anyplace like that it should be in the paint section or the automotive section. Any paint will work. Go for flat black paint and grey primer.

Is there a certain brand I should use? Or will house paint (I guess is whats used) work fine?

Is there a certain brand I should use? Or will house paint (I guess is whats used) work fine?

Any flat black spray paint should work.

Haha I overreacted.

I did the right thing.

ANYWAYS, with the new white blasters, do I have to sand the whole thing down and then paint it and THEN attach the resin kit?

I feel like if I just attach the resin kit and then paint it the white will show through

Haha I overreacted.

I did the right thing.

ANYWAYS, with the new white blasters, do I have to sand the whole thing down and then paint it and THEN attach the resin kit?

I feel like if I just attach the resin kit and then paint it the white will show through

I guess that kinda depends on if you prime it or not, and how many coats you put on there. I'd probably prime first.

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Working on my own E11 and extending the barrel like this one, I found out that a toilet paper roll is aprox the same size around as the barrel, so it can be used to easily create your extension out of bondo in a quick manor.

Some pics, and yes it does require you destroy the roll to get it out (I put a light lining of spray paint inside it to help keep the bondo from bonding with the paper.)

yYPa0.jpg

7uM3L.jpg

I1hdS.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...