hasbro e-11 "one step beyond" mod tutorial [picture heavy]

hello all...i recently got my resin mod kit for my hasbro blaster, and my T-track from Stomper and thought id share with you all my mod of the Hasbro Blaster. I decided to go a bit futher with my mod as i just like to do this kind of stuff. This is my first blaster mod and im happy with the result thus far. Basically my plan was to remove all the stock molded on t-track, and add about an inch and a half to the length of the barrel. Then i would add Stompers t-track. So heres how i went about it...

we started with this:

DSCN0546.jpg

this is my blaster, completely stock, my resin mod kit i got off e-bay, and my dremel. You should also have some automotive body putty. I have standard bondo auto filler that i am using. Not the spot filler, although i will use that also later on.

So the first thing i did was, with the cutting wheel on my dremel, remove the , well i dont even know what its called lol, ill call it the aiming guide by the nose of the blaster

DSCN0548.jpg

here it is removed.

DSCN0552.jpg

Then with the cutting wheel, i proceeded to remove all the molded on t-track, by first cutting off the vertical "fin" on each and then smoothing it out with the cutting wheel.

DSCN0554.jpg

then i further smoothed it out with the grinding tip.

DSCN0553.jpg

make sure while cutting the top fin off the side t-tracks that you do it on an angle so you dont make a big hole in the side! Hold it on this angle:

DSCN0557.jpg

So heres what it looks like with all the t-track removed

DSCN0558.jpg

DSCN0560.jpg

DSCN0562.jpg

Then i basically globbed on some bondo on the end on the barrel, and a little bit on the sides to some imperfect spots.

DSCN0563.jpg

DSCN0564.jpg

Now while bondo is hardening it gets ot a point where it is still soft but will maintain its shape. Its VERY carveablw with an x-acto/hobby knife, or large box cutter type tool. So what i did was carve a basic round shape out of the bondo beforte it completly hardens, like this:

DSCN0567.jpg

DSCN0566.jpg

then i repeat the process, trying a bit more to get the shape i want

DSCN0568.jpg

DSCN0569.jpg

and here is is after the second "carve"

DSCN0570.jpg

I then sanded it with 80 grit sandpaperon a sanding block, to get to this:

DSCN0572.jpg

DSCN0573.jpg

I then shortened it to a good length to fit Stompers T-track using the holes already in the barrel as a guide

DSCN0574.jpg

DSCN0575.jpg

Ok, now its time to add the folding stock piece of the resin kit. This piece will have to be extended to fit the now extended barrel of the blaster. So i first attach it to the barrel, lining up where the front of it should be. [[*NOTE- i cut off the tab at the bottom of the barrel so i can freely move the resin piece where i wanted. You could also cut a groove into the resin piece if you want, but i found it easier to just remove that tab on the bottom of the barrel]]

DSCN0576.jpg

DSCN0577.jpg

I then marked off where the other part of the folding stock ends to give me an idea where to bondo up to.

DSCN0578.jpg

Then we glob on the bondo! i let it harden up just a little first so it wasnt running all over the place. It takes a little working with, i used a jumbo popsicle stick to apply the bondo, and just kept pushing it back up the sides to keep its shape the best i could get it, the bondo hardens quickly, so its not that much of an annoyance haha.

So now we have this:

DSCN0579.jpg

I then did the same as i did with the barrel and carved it to shape

DSCN0580.jpg

Then i repeated the process to fix any imperfections, and sanded it with 80 grit paper to get it to this:

DSCN0582.jpg

than i proceeded to add on the rest of the resin kit, and re-attached that aiming guide at the end of the barrel:

DSCN0584.jpg

DSCN0583.jpg

DSCN0585.jpg

I then filled in any imperfections with the bondo spot filler, and primed it grey

DSCN0586.jpg

Next post will be the finishing pf the paint and adding Stompers T-track!

Great work Lou, I like the way you used the bondo to add to the length of the barrel, I've never seen this before. I myself just ground away the red tip with my dremmel and attached the resin nozzel with super glue. I like your method because it lengthens the gun. I think I will try this at a later date. Cheers. !!! :)

thanks everyone for the kind words!

Sandman, thanks, ya know i was thinking about how to do this befgore the resin kit arrived. Ive used bondo for other things before and it held up great, so i figured this would work. My original thought was to add a piece of pvc pipeand bondo over it to smooth it out, but i figured since i wasnt adding like 4" lol, that the bondo alone would work well, plus i had it on hand already

Later tonight ill be adding the t-track. I think im just going to drill the holes where the t-track should go into, as the rest would be covered anyway. Also i noticed from reference pics there should be one row of exposed holes with no t-track on the left side on the bottom near the folding stock. So i will be drilling those holes. Keep in mind i never really intended to keep the light thing, i just wanted to try and keep the sounds.

stay tuned kids! :D

ok, well, i had a little snag in the mod, but it all worked out in the end.

The plan was to drill just the end holes where the t-track would go into. I wasnt going to bother with the rest as they would be covered. But i also needed to drill out the row of exposed holes for the ANH version of the blaster i was doing.

well...

I now know you cant drill through the plastic of this blaster with an actual drill, a dremel would have been better. it kinda got caught up in the plastic and cracked it up a bunch.

SO, i basically filled in the holesi drilled out with the good ol bondo. Then i re-drilled out the new row of holes into the bondo in the barrel using the messed up holes as a sort of guide. i just added stompers T-track where they should go, without the use of holes, not as accurate as i would have liked but all in all it came out pretty good. The row of holes is a bit wonky, but hey, its still much better than the original hasbro!

DSCN0587.jpg

DSCN0591.jpg

DSCN0590.jpg

DSCN0589.jpg

great job! I honestly can't wait to get back to the states where I can easily get a hold of the type of materials folks use to really get creative. I can already see that one of my first purchases back in the states will be a can of bondo! Thanks for the inspiration

Thanks Amish Trooper!

great job! I honestly can't wait to get back to the states where I can easily get a hold of the type of materials folks use to really get creative. I can already see that one of my first purchases back in the states will be a can of bondo! Thanks for the inspiration

no problem! Its the least i could do for all your help with the erm...adjustingof my armor i had to do!

Bondo can be VERY helpful for alot of things!! haha

Impressive, hard to believe that used to be a Hasbro blaster.

Thanks Murray, that was my plan, to make it almost indistiguishable from an actual hasbro. I guess i did good!

thanks again everyone for the kind words!

On a side note, i should be sending photos to the 501st very soon, and will then apply for Elite status here!

:salute:

WOW That looks fantastic! This is one of the best mods ive seen for the hasbro conversion in terms of depth. :duim::D

IMHO Something that would add to its greatness is replacing the hasbro scope accordingly which i believe still gives it that weird look as i see with all hasbro blasters ;) . However It is still AWESOME and better than mine!!! :D

Time to blast some Rebel Scum.

:trooper::Laser: :luke3:

• 3 months later...

apologies for reviving this thread.

Love the mod - think the little extra in the front helps loads!

Was gonna try this mod myself, when I got thinking abt the nozzle extension. Being made entirely out of bondo and "stuck" on the end of a Hasb E-11; was worried that the a potential point of weakness (ie the join), is in a place where the blaster gets quite a bit of stress - I am thinking as its pushed into holster, or clanking abt whilst in it.

Have u used this modded blaster on troops or is it for display only?

If u have used it - any concerns abt the nozzle extension?

Thanks

apologies for reviving this thread.

Love the mod - think the little extra in the front helps loads!

Was gonna try this mod myself, when I got thinking abt the nozzle extension. Being made entirely out of bondo and "stuck" on the end of a Hasb E-11; was worried that the a potential point of weakness (ie the join), is in a place where the blaster gets quite a bit of stress - I am thinking as its pushed into holster, or clanking abt whilst in it.

Have u used this modded blaster on troops or is it for display only?

If u have used it - any concerns abt the nozzle extension?

Thanks

ive used it for about 5 troops and even dropped it once, I doubt there would be any problem with the front being weak. I pretty much just hold it, cant see how there would be any stress put on that area at all....unless your planning on pistol whipping people haha.