bobio

Hello from South Carolina USA

Hello all,

I was 14 when Star Wars came out in theaters, have been a huge fan ever since.  I have been to lots of events where the 501st has been represented.  I have always thought about joining but life just always seemed to get in the way :)  My kids are also big Star Wars fans and my son has expressed a strong interest in joining the 501st.  He is 16 so he has a couple of years yet to work on his armor (Scout Trooper).  His enthusiasm has rekindled mine and we are going to do this together.  I have been spending quite a bit of time reading, reading and more reading.  I have not decided on which armor kit to go with but I do know that I want to go ANH Stormtrooper.

Looking forward to my first build, joining the 501st and trooping with y'all ;)

Thanks

Bob

• Like 2

Hey Bob, welcome to the FISD! That's great you and your son will be doing this together! Best of luck to both of you in your 501st journey :smiley-sw013:

Welcome, Bob! I was 11 when SW came out and it only took me, well, let's say quite a few years before I finally became a Stormtrooper. You're gonna have a blast!

Welcome aboard! It's nice to see a family getting involved together!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks all for the welcome, much appreciated :) 

I think I have decided on the armor, going with TM ANH Hero. 

Now I just have to figure out how to pay for it :)

• Like 1

Good choice, depending on the manufacturer of the kit it may take a while before you have to pay (depends on the waitlist); so you should have some time to save up.

Just make sure you ask questions :smiley-sw013:

Have fun! and Welcome :peace:

Greetings Bob, and welcome to the FISD!!!

First, I think it is awesome that you and your son are embarking on the path to Imperial service together!  That's truly going to be an amazing experience for the two of you to share.  :D

Second...  TM ANH Hero.  Beautiful.  Not much more needs to be said about that.

In the meantime though, keep doing what you've been doing.  Reading, researching, asking questions, having fun.  When all is said and done, the builds can be a lot of work, but you'll spend far more time having fun and making others happy in the armor than you'll spend building it.  Of course, your son will eventually do great things like armor up before you get in the car to go to an event, and you'll have to wait until you get there.  Then, he'll sit around the waiting areas and eat very casually while you stand against a table or in the middle of the room because he can do that, and you can't.  But at the end of the day, you'll be a Stormtrooper, and there is nothing cooler than that - except maybe hanging out with your Biker Scout son.  ;)

Be sure to check out the Advanced Tactics section of the forum, to learn about the EIB and Centurion programs.  These are FISD awards for increased accuracy in your armor.  There isn't much extra work required (particularly with a TM kit) to earn them, but it is simpler to do it while you're building than it is to upgrade to it.  :D

• Like 1

G'day Bob, welcome aboard.

You are in good hands here, so let the fun begin.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joey, looking forward to it. 

I haven't ordered my armor yet, shooting to get my armor and start the build no later than August.

I am shooting to have the build done and approved in time for the 2016 SC Comicon...

Hoping to get it done sooner than that but I plan to take my time with it...

BTW, have you joined the Carolina Garrison forums?  I am bobio over there as well...

http://www.carolinagarrison.net/