Where to by a E11 Kit ?

sebastien

Hello,

I just acquired an Hasbro and Conversion kit but realize (i should have read first...) that it's not suitable to be approved.

What are the good options to get a full approved E11 blaster ?

Does this kit is the good one ?

http://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e-11-complete-anh-e-11-blaster-kit-offer-2685-p.asp

It seems out of stock, is there any other supplier for it ?

Thank you for your help.

Hi Sebastien, welcome to the FISD :salute:

The DoopDoo's kit you've found is not a bad choice and will be available again as time goes by. You can register yourself to receive a message when these are in stock again.

Although I ran a DoopyDoo's build myself, I would meanwhile strongly suggest to go for the Phoenix Props kit from Derrek (here on the FISD). Seems to be the better choice..

Hello,

I just acquired an Hasbro and Conversion kit but realize (i should have read first...) that it's not suitable to be approved.

What are the good options to get a full approved E11 blaster ?

Does this kit is the good one ?

http://www.doopydoos.com/stormtrooper-e-11-complete-anh-e-11-blaster-kit-offer-2685-p.asp

It seems out of stock, is there any other supplier for it ?

Thank you for your help.

Hi Sebastien,

I do many kits and full builds, depending on how much you want to do on the kit yourself.

I'm in the process of updating my molds and offering so am collecting a waiting/interest list right now for when I start to cast parts again in the end of April.

Your Hasbro is good for basic approval based on the CRL. If you go to level 2 you need to convert it with your conversion kit and for level 3 it would need to be replaced by a more accurate base kit. Level 2 and 3 standards are purely a FISD thing and have nothing to do with your legion approval.

Also keep in mind a blaster is fully optional and not required for basic 501st Legion approval.

Edited by Dday
  • Like 1

Sebastien,

your Hasbro blaster and conversion kit is perfect to get not only basic approval, but also to become EIB (expert infantry) certified; which like they mentioned is up to level 2.

The only thing is you cannot become Centurion (Level 3) with a Hasbro. But that also depends how far you want to get certified.

Hi Sebastien,

I do many kits and full builds, depending on how much you want to do on the kit yourself.

I'm in the process of updating my molds and offering so am collecting a waiting/interest list right now for when I start to cast parts again in the end of April.

Your Hasbro is good for basic approval based on the CRL. If you go to level 2 you need to convert it with your conversion kit and for level 3 it would need to be replaced by a more accurate base kit. Level 2 and 3 standards are purely a FISD thing and have nothing to do with your legion approval.

Also keep in mind a blaster is fully optional and not required for basic 501st Legion approval.

Wow, if it's the kit you describe in your thread here :

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28047-phoenix-props-e-11-stormtrooper-blaster-kits-a-new-hope-and-esb/

it Soooooo nice ! I really love it. Unfortunately a little bit expensive for my actual budget... i will wait a little bit (after my armor kit) and buy one.

Sebastien,

your Hasbro blaster and conversion kit is perfect to get not only basic approval, but also to become EIB (expert infantry) certified; which like they mentioned is up to level 2.

The only thing is you cannot become Centurion (Level 3) with a Hasbro. But that also depends how far you want to get certified.

OK, you're right i will go step by step. First the EIB with the Hasbro and then the Centurion with a new blaster.

Thank you all for your replies.

Wow, if it's the kit you describe in your thread here :

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28047-phoenix-props-e-11-stormtrooper-blaster-kits-a-new-hope-and-esb/

it Soooooo nice ! I really love it. Unfortunately a little bit expensive for my actual budget... i will wait a little bit (after my armor kit) and buy one.

OK, you're right i will go step by step. First the EIB with the Hasbro and then the Centurion with a new blaster.

Thank you all for your replies.

Yep, thats the kit and build I do. I"m around so when you get to this point let me know :D

• 2 months later...
On 3/27/2015 at 3:31 AM, Evilboy said:

Look in to the THG Props resin, or unbreakeable E-11's. They are really nice.

--------

So I'm still new to this, but what are the pros and cons of resin vs. rubber.  I would think rubber would be more durable, especially since I have little children.  Can either of these from the etsy make Centurion?

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Experts, keep me honest here:

As a relatively new researcher, what I think here is that either of these kits CAN make you Centurion approvable. It all depends on how well you finish them, since they seem to come unfinished. They seem to have all the necessary elements from the CRL, so a good finishing job SEEMS to make you Centurion approvable.

As for resin vs. rubber, resin will be easier to clean up, glue and paint. Rubber will be less so. Resin will feel more "real", but rubber will be more durable. With resin, the details will be more sharp, more crisp; with rubber, more "soft". Resin can easily be cut, shaped, and dremeled. Rubber can't even be sanded. I see a lot more resin on these forums than rubber. I would not share a Centurion-approved blaster with my kids. That's why I grabbed a Rubie's for practice. 

For my money, I'd go resin.

Good luck!

Bill

Edited by Astyanax

Experts, keep me honest here:

As a relatively new researcher, what I think here is that either of these kits CAN make you Centurion approvable. It all depends on how well you finish them, since they seem to come unfinished. They seem to have all the necessary elements from the CRL, so a good finishing job SEEMS to make you Centurion approvable.

As for resin vs. rubber, resin will be easier to clean up, glue and paint. Rubber will be less so. Resin will feel more "real", but rubber will be more durable. With resin, the details will be more sharp, more crisp; with rubber, more "soft". Resin can easily be cut, shaped, and dremeled. Rubber can't even be sanded. I see a lot more resin on these forums than rubber. I would not share a Centurion-approved blaster with my kids. That's why I grabbed a Rubie's for practice.

For my money, I'd go resin.

Good luck!

Bill

Thanks for the thoughts. For the record, I don't plan on sharing my blaster with my kids but you never know what will happen to your stuff when they are around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi kirk I make rubber blasters in the uk and there pretty durable and bounce well to be honest the look on the little one faces when you let them hold the blaster is price less and the mums and dads I like the fact that is rubber and if it's dropped not to many things to worry about

Hi kirk I make rubber blasters in the uk and there pretty durable and bounce well to be honest the look on the little one faces when you let them hold the blaster is price less and the mums and dads I like the fact that is rubber and if it's dropped not to many things to worry about

Do you mind sending me a PM with prices and any website links?