thinking of going red

Hi all,

So I have this nearly complete shinny TK and I am considering not finishing it as a shinny and turning it into an incinerator trooper. I love the idea of a trooper that I dont have to polish after every troop. I also like the weathering and the dirty look of the incinerator. Here are some pics. What do you guys think? I am a pretty big guy which is why I bought this AM kit. I was told by the guy who sold this to me from my old squad that it was the biggest armor available. However, now I am hearing that AM armor is soon to be scrapped as approvable. 

In summary:

1 - Should I switch and go red or finish the shinny since it is so close to being complete... or at least I think it is close to completion...

2 - Is it worth it to put more time in to this armor? I would hate to put more time into it and in 3-5 months have there be a change in the CRL and AM style armor not be allowed at all.

3 - No matter what I do, do I need a new helmet? I can barely fit into anything besides this helmet, and I would think the smaller helmets would look funny on my large body.

IMG_7896_zps611f939c.jpg

IMG_7892_zps2a6e9d01.jpg

IMG_7894_zps9c483eec.jpg

Thanks all :)

Edited by JDC

AM are still good for approval. But, not the bucket.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

AM buckets aren't approvable?

Sent from my ComLink

Looks pretty good to me- stay classic!  Flip those ab buttons around and through some shims on those sides between your ab and kidney and you are ready to rock it!

What do you mean shims? Like just add pieces to close the gap? Fully close or still leave a little gap. And won't that look funny... then again I guess it can't look any worse than me bulging out the sides lol.

Also, if I did keep it white, just by looking at it, which version of TK would I be?

And is it a pain to keep your kit clean and shinny? I just think the thing that I like the most about the incinerator is the cool paint job and the rough, battle worn look. Keeping something polished all the time would drive me nuts.

On the flip side, it is not a cannon character which means I would not be able to do cannon only events in it.

Edited by JDC

You would be an ANH stunt TK;  not hard to keep clean at all.  I have at least 6 troops so far and have not cleaned mine up once.  All you will get is very slight skuffs, that will only serve it to look more screen accurate.  

Click on the link below my signature on shims;  you can match the armor pretty easily with some ABS paste or JB welding plastic putty and you will not even notice the seams where the gaps used to be.   There are some other really great shim post's and examples out there also.  

Edited by Tusken RTT